closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, that's the CBT out the way. Next is to get my theory done and dusted ASAP, and then get booked up for a 5 day course - 3 days of training, MOD 1 on day four and MOD 2 a few days later.
    Splendid

Interestingly, I was talking to a couple of the trainers about the seat height issue, and they got me sitting on two of the test bikes (a Gladius 600, and an SV650). Incredibly, despite looking a bit intimidating they felt fairly small when sitting on them. My feet easily sat flat on the ground on both sides, so that's very, very reassuring in terms of the larger bikes on my test list.
    You will find that seat shape will influence your ability to get feet down as much as seat height.

Now, I've been thinking... To help you, how about you delay the buying process for a few months and go along to the bike show at the NEC in November? You can jump on and off as many bikes as you like to see which fit, which are comfortable etc.

And if you say when you're going, about 20 of us can turn up, shout "no!" a lot and direct you towards increasingly inappropriate bikes... ("Unless you sit on the Ninja H2 you'll not be sure it's not for you" etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Splendid

You will find that seat shape will influence your ability to get feet down as much as seat height.

Now, I've been thinking... To help you, how about you delay the buying process for a few months and go along to the bike show at the NEC in November? You can jump on and off as many bikes as you like to see which fit, which are comfortable etc.

And if you say when you're going, about 20 of us can turn up, shout "no!" a lot and direct you towards increasingly inappropriate bikes... ("Unless you sit on the Ninja H2 you'll not be sure it's not for you" etc)
    Actually, that's quite an intriguing idea, and could also be a lot of fun

Let me dwell on it (and thanks for the suggestion).

This could be fun :D
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Actually, that's quite an intriguing idea, and could also be a lot of fun

Let me dwell on it (and thanks for the suggestion).
    There is Ally Pally at the end of Sept too

http://www.mcnallypallyshow.co.uk

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    True.

Being able to get both feet down is obviously nice to be able to do, but it’s far from essential, especially once you have a bit of experience. I manage with just one foot down (and that’s not flat), but I do take care how I park re sloping ground.
    Last edited by andy tims; 15th August 2018 at 18:30.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57