timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incoming Daytona 116519LN

Pure class

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    I know I posted this in my collection but this watch really deserves its own thread.

Hi Comet - I am waiting for delivery to try this bad boy on at my Rolex dealer. But I am not certain regarding the Oysterflex. I tried on the YM various times on oyserflex but obviously never perfectly adjusted to my wrist. I always found the finns quite uncomfortable. Could you let me know a little from your experience? Many thanks

Congratulations OP

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Congratulations OP
    Probably sold it by now. ;-)

Master

Incoming Daytona 116519LN

Attractive watch, excellent dial ,but for my taste, the gold Daytona is best with the matching bracelet. The extra 'heft' just works so well. You can't really explain it, but on the wrist the full gold models just feel special. I don't think it's entirely imagination. They just seem more substantial, more luxurious, versions.
    But this is all highly subjective. You have to try them, preferably for a while.
    Which us, of course, not so easy .
    I certainly haven't found that straps are more comfortable on the gold models, but again, you have to try for yourself. Choice, endless choice. For me, either all steel or all gold.
    Last edited by paskinner; 11th July 2018 at 17:39.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Attractive watch, excellent dial ,but for my taste, the gold Daytona is best with the matching bracelet. The extra 'heft' just works so well. You can't really explain it, but on the wrist the full gold models just feel special. I don't think it's entirely imagination. They just seem more substantial, more luxurious, versions.
    But this is all highly subjective. You have to try them, preferably for a while.
    Which us, of course, not so easy .
    I totally agree with your statement. I planned to buy a 116655 but for that money its just not worth £18350. Rolex offered it to me for 17350 but still, that is way too much for that quite muted gold watch. I also really struggled to find the oysterflex comfortable - after my 5167a purchase no other rubber strap is good anymore. And yes I wish there would be more modern solid gold Daytona versions - arent they all still with the non ceramic bezel? Except of course the amazing platinum version with the chestnut bezel and the ice dial OMG that is an amazing daytona.

Craftsman
    Maybe Comet really sold it?

Craftsman
    Absolutely love that. Very special.
    Never seen one before, but now that I have it is definitely my favourite Daytona. Favourite Rolex in fact.