closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Conquest VHP Bracelet

Longines Conquest VHP Bracelet

Guys, has anybody figured out how to remove the bracelet from the VHP model? I have tried all of the usual methods, applying pressure to the end link when compressing the spring bars, pulling the link when compressing the bar etc etc but the thing is solid and wont budge so I'm assuming there is a "trick" to it that I dont know about.

Thanks Keith

Sorted...the end link shape stops it from being pulled down (or up), its a case of pulling straight outwards...easy when you know how
    Keith

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    Sorted...the end link shape stops it from being pulled down (or up), its a case of pulling straight outwards...easy when you know how
    Keith
    Slightly off your topic but do these bracelets have any micro adjustment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scottd View Post
    Slightly off your topic but do these bracelets have any micro adjustment?

Unfortunately not which is why I was removing it, I couldn't get a "right" fit with the links available, its a common problem with so many bracelets I struggle to understand why manufacturers design them this way - you may be lucky and get a perfect fit (unless it gets too hot or cold!).

Keith

Master
    Horrid bracelet. I got a Hirsch strap.
    Nice watch, a bit thick but otherwise very high performance indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks for the info gents, pretty much rules this one out for me.

Already have a Conquest GMT which drives me up the wall for exactly the same reason.

Craftsman
    Just acquired one, this is the only watch I have had to take to somebody else to get the bracelet taken off and now has a black leather Hirsch which suits it rather well, so much better than the bracelet.Thanks for the tip tho', I should now manage to put it back on should it get sold in the future! Cheers, John B4

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB4 View Post
    Just acquired one, this is the only watch I have had to take to somebody else to get the bracelet taken off and now has a black leather Hirsch which suits it rather well, so much better than the bracelet.Thanks for the tip tho', I should now manage to put it back on should it get sold in the future! Cheers, John B4
    Putting it back on should be straightforward, like yours mine is now on a black alligator and looks much better as a result..and it fits. I wasnt really aware of these until a recent thread mentioned that the ETA quartz movement is superior to the Seiko 9F which I really like, so did some research, was impressed by what I read about the movement and found one nicely discounted with a blue dial. Its not in the same league cosmetically as a Grand Seiko but its also less than 25% of the price of a new one and <50% of a used one. The 41mm diameter suits me better though (it is a wee bit thick) and to be honest not worrying about scratching the Zaratsu polished surfaces is a benefit, time will tell if the watch is as reliable as Grand Seiko. So this is now my dress watch. Funny thing is that even with the half links I usually struggled to get the fit right on my Grand Seikos...they usually ended up on a strap too.
    Keith