The much maligned Cellini, bane of ADs, currency of all who have a SS Professional model to flip onto the grey market but c'mon-we're all watch guys aren't we?

There's usually a long story of why I end up with a certain watch and my Cellini is no different. On our honeymoon we met a quartet who had appeared on the movie titanic and one of the band, Swiss (or possibly Austrian-I forget), in his 50s or 60s and imminently well educated and styled had a beautiful Cellini on his wrist and from that moment on I really liked them.

Over a few years I tried some on, did some research (what small amount was out there) and decided on the following model. A man doesn't necessarily need a dress watch I figured, but he really should have one.

As a piece of jewellery it does the trick, beautiful 18k white gold, a stunning Black MOP dial with roman numerals and most importantly to me, the tan strap bringing it all together. I got lucky on purchasing, buying unprotected from Italy on C24 when the pound bought you many more Euros than it does today. That and finding an Italian AD who had a brand new unregistered old stock one in my favourite combination.

I'll let the pictures do the talking, I've got my flame suit on so I'm ready for the ribbing, but I can't be the only one who loves them can I? If nothing else it's not another sports model values discussion!