closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: True value of Tudor GMT on secondary market

Craftsman
    I think there will always be people who are willing to pay over the odds when demand outstrips supply remember, furbies, buzz light year or Kevin the carrot? I want a GMT BB but I'm happy to wait till supply catches up. I was in Liverpool last weekend and saw both the Bronze and black versions in the window. All the excitement around them has soon died down it seems.

Craftsman
    I would never pay RRP for a watch let alone over the odds. patient is the key these always another around the corner you love just as much with 30%-40% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandandanman View Post
    I would never pay RRP for a watch let alone over the odds. patient is the key these always another around the corner you love just as much with 30%-40% off.
    I wonder how many people put off buying a Rolex SS Sports model 5 years ago, thinking the exact same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Guys just new to Ebay. I can understand his concerns. Since deals back on maybe calling him a pr**k is a little OTT lol
    Not at all. My and the OPs posts crossed and, as at the point I was writing, the latest info I had was that the seller was now no longer responding to messages, therefore I stand by every word I said based on the evidence presented. It seems in this example, the deal came off but I didn't know that at the time.

Well done to the buyer, though if it's true about the seller offering a second watch, then something strange is going on. I look forward to hearing more, but will refrain from passing further judgment until then.

I managed to pick one up on Saturday. Beautiful watch, maybe the nicest looking watch I’ve had.

it surprised me when the AD kept the warranty card for 12 months though.:) I’m not bothered as I don’t intend selling but wasn’t expecting that on a Tudor. If it stops people buying just to sell then it’s a good thing.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgecko View Post
    Not at all. My and the OPs posts crossed and, as at the point I was writing, the latest info I had was that the seller was now no longer responding to messages, therefore I stand by every word I said based on the evidence presented. It seems in this example, the deal came off but I didn't know that at the time.

Well done to the buyer, though if it's true about the seller offering a second watch, then something strange is going on. I look forward to hearing more, but will refrain from passing further judgment until then.
    Well you also suggested he was setting up another Ebay account too which wasn’t based on anything really. Anyway as long as you think calling him a p***k because he hadn’t answered a message for a couple of hours is ok, then who am I to argue. Just seemed a trifle harsh to me and the watch he sold looks a beauty.

Well it should do I guess being under a week old

Craftsman
    I wonder how many people put off buying a Rolex SS Sports model 5 years ago, thinking the exact same thing?
    I already have my Rolex ss sport model bought in 2010 my Kermit cost me £1800 40% and a hulk cost £4200 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    The one listed on Ebay by Soletime that didn't sell at £3300 has been relisted at £3000. Perhaps the initial market demand has peaked already...
    Seems the one at £3000 didn't sell either...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Seems the one at £3000 didn't sell either...

Why would it? Mainstream watch with initial demand for a day or so. I was offered one a little bit above RRP but refused as what’s the point? Can’t wait to get one at RRP though.

Yep heading to York at the weekend so will go in and talk to the AD if they have one I’ll buy it (they won’t I know) if not I’ll put my name down same with a few other dealers in my area.

Well you also suggested he was setting up another Ebay account too which wasn’t based on anything really. Anyway as long as you think calling him a p***k because he hadn’t answered a message for a couple of hours is ok, then who am I to argue. Just seemed a trifle harsh to me and the watch he sold looks a beauty.

Well it should do I guess being under a week old
    Actually it was two days not two hours, according to the OP...I think it's you who should be checking facts not I?

Bear in mind I was only answering to a scenario in which the players aren't known. So when I'm stating my mind, I'm not character-assassinating an actual person based on twisting of facts as reported by the OP - the seller is known to noone. Unlike here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam100 View Post
    I managed to pick one up on Saturday. Beautiful watch, maybe the nicest looking watch I’ve had.

it surprised me when the AD kept the warranty card for 12 months though.:) I’m not bothered as I don’t intend selling but wasn’t expecting that on a Tudor. If it stops people buying just to sell then it’s a good thing.

Neil
    Please say you’re joking about the warranty card?

I can honestly say if my AD wants to keep the card on my BB58 they’ll be keeping the Watch too. I’m not going to be part of any games when spending thousands of my money on a luxury item. And I don’t care about flipping it one bit, IF the 58 is as nice as everyone keeps saying it’ll be my daily.

I know some will say I’m shooting myself in the foot but if enough people did it they’d get the message.

It’s only because it doesn’t actually prevent flippers anyway and the warranty is still valid. It’s just a load of rubbish to create more hype.

Actually it was two days not two hours, according to the OP...I think it's you who should be checking facts not I?

Bear in mind I was only answering to a scenario in which the players aren't known. So when I'm stating my mind, I'm not character-assassinating an actual person based on twisting of facts as reported by the OP - the seller is known to noone. Unlike here.
    Facts are
    You called him a p***k
    You accused him of double accounting
    I don’t need to check the facts.
    Before accusing people I preferred to let the scenario play out fully, instead of jumping in. Each to their own of course.

Master
    A lot of speculators will be caught with their pants down on this one IMO

Seems to be plenty of supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam100 View Post

Neil
    Sorry but if I have to buy from a AD there is no way I’m leaving anything behind, I’ll simply walk, pathetic games from the AD’s.

- - - Updated - - -

First one is up in SC now...
    Last edited by Martylaa; 11th June 2018 at 08:56.

The part about warranty card is surprising, didnt know Tudor has succumbed to this too.

seems to be going well so far...
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    seems to be going well so far...
    Thing is I’d take it for RRP tbh, but like a few others have mentioned these are not Rolex GMT’s and will be a hell of a lot easier to buy in a few weeks and there will be no one paying over RRP surely then.

Also find it hard to believe watchfinder will offer above RRP as well..

Sorry but if I have to buy from a AD there is no way I’m leaving anything behind, I’ll simply walk, pathetic games from the AD’s.

- - - Updated - - -

Does it have warranty card I wonder

Had a chat with my AD yesterday and they expect their waiting list to be 1 year on the Tudor GMT going forwards.

I'm not personally sure what all the fuss is about in regard to retaining the warranty card, if it puts off flippers I don't see a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post
    Had a chat with my AD yesterday and they expect their waiting list to be 1 year on the Tudor GMT going forwards.

I'm not personally sure what all the fuss is about in regard to retaining the warranty card, if it puts off flippers I don't see a problem with it.
    And yet I’ve been told by some that they expect stocks to start Arriving around August in good volumes...

Thing is I’d take it for RRP tbh, but like a few others have mentioned these are not Rolex GMT’s and will be a hell of a lot easier to buy in a few weeks and there will be no one paying over RRP surely then.

Also find it hard to believe watchfinder will offer above RRP as well..
    I am not entirely sure it will be a few weeks before these are freely available from stock. There is no doubt that it will happen. In months perhaps, maybe on a year, but not weeks. Not from what I have heard from the 2 ADs that I spoke to.
    I am not convinced this is worth paying over RRP for, but I see that a small premium to avoid the wait may make sense for some people.
    Dave

Master
    Blog Entries
    What a lovely watch,much nicer than the Rolex.

But what a sad thread this is.

money,money,money, that’s all it’s come down to from concert tickets to watches and everything in between.

Used to be we bought something because we liked it,we bought stocks and shares to make money.

Facts are
    You called him a p***k
    You accused him of double accounting
    I don’t need to check the facts.
    Before accusing people I preferred to let the scenario play out fully, instead of jumping in. Each to their own of course.
    Um, with respect you do need to check the facts as, while I tolerate condescension well, I don't much like being misrepresented so the another party can score points. Fact one - its obvious from the thread history that the OP's post and mine literally crossed so I never saw his update and was acting on previous information. Fact two - there were two days, not two hours as you say, between the OP posting the sale and him saying that the seller was not responding to all messages.

Perhaps I was hasty to jump in - I've been burnt myself on eBay by idiots before, both as a buyer and seller. The OP's story hit a nerve as I was recently screwed over by a seller who didn't like the sale price and just ignored me.

Nevertheless, I've clearly offended you to draw such opprobrium, for which I apologise. As such, I'd like to draw a line under this please and I hope we meet on some common ground here in future. All the best.

Um, with respect you do need to check the facts as, while I tolerate condescension well, I don't much like being misrepresented so the another party can score points. Fact one - its obvious from the thread history that the OP's post and mine literally crossed so I never saw his update and was acting on previous information. Fact two - there were two days, not two hours as you say, between the OP posting the sale and him saying that the seller was not responding to all messages.

Perhaps I was hasty to jump in - I've been burnt myself on eBay by idiots before, both as a buyer and seller. The OP's story hit a nerve as I was recently screwed over by a seller who didn't like the sale price and just ignored me.

Nevertheless, I've clearly offended you to draw such opprobrium, for which I apologise. As such, I'd like to draw a line under this please and I hope we meet on some common ground here in future. All the best.
    Not a problem. I wasn’t offended. Just felt it was a little premature. I agree posts crossed and it was 2 days - no harm no foul all good. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    What a lovely watch,much nicer than the Rolex.

But what a sad thread this is.

money,money,money, that’s all it’s come down to from concert tickets to watches and everything in between.

Used to be we bought something because we liked it,we bought stocks and shares to make money.
    It’s not alway “just about money”..

I Admit, it’s good to make money wherever and whenever we can legitimately do so..

But I for one, was looking to let someone else enjoying it, as I’m sure I won’t.

I’m more than happy to get back what I would pay for it.. my profit would be to gain trust among the community, which if you look at my sales post, is clearly all I’m trying to do.

Claudio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post

I Admit, it’s good to make money wherever and whenever we can legitimately do so..

But I for one, was looking to let someone else enjoying it, as I’m sure I won’t.

I’m more than happy to get back what I would pay for it.. my profit would be to gain trust among the community, which if you look at my sales post, is clearly all I’m trying to do.

Claudio

Don't think that was aimed at you Claudio, someone else out one up on SC for £3150, think it was aimed at that...

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    But then de-reneged..... ;-)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Oops. Maybe you should too
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawbreaker5000 View Post
    I did read it all !

Did you ? 樂
    My bad. I was sure I was up to date with the thread but must have had a brain fart. Sorry.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    The part about warranty card is surprising, didnt know Tudor has succumbed to this too.
    Don’t think it’s Tudor.
    More the AD just being stupid or attempting to create hype on what will essentially be a slow seller after the initial release buzz dies down

I’m just being nosey but did anyone take you up on this?

With all the apparent hype would have thought someone would have bitten you’re arm off,
    someone replied to the one which was on SC saying they would pay list.

Quote Originally Posted by scucivolo View Post

Claudio

Quote Originally Posted by Van Diemen View Post
    Don’t think it’s Tudor.
    More the AD just being stupid or attempting to create hype on what will essentially be a slow seller after the initial release buzz dies down
    I really don't think by any stretch of the imagination the gmt will be "a slow seller" - what makes you think that? less "traditional" designs like the Grantour and the Fastrider perhaps but I think the GMT will always be a popular watch as long as they keep making it.

Totally agree with this comment.
    I remember in 2015 everyone saying the Batman would soon be readily available at less than RRP after its 2013 release and paying £6.5k for a £5.8K watch would soon end. We are now up to more like £8k.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by thestore View Post

I was told the same about the S&G in Octoberish last year. Come the end of November and I got a 10% discount and they were in every AD window.

Not saying it can't happen, but I'd say it's highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by You Only Live Twice View Post
    I remember in 2015 everyone saying the Batman would soon be readily available at less than RRP after its 2013 release and paying £6.5k for a £5.8K watch would soon end. We are now up to more like £8k.
    This is just one model though aren’t the BBs and Pelagos etc all readily available and are Tudor
    planning to limit production?

They (the Rolex group) are trying to make Rolex even more exclusive through restricted supply - the intent in my eyes is that they want the "available watches" gap to be filled by Tudor. I doubt the same scarcity and therefore price hikes will ensue (unless a model gets discontinued of course - like the old Tudor sub did).

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you pay over RRP for this watch you are mental. Don't get me wrong it looks great and I look forward to seeing it the metal, they will easily be available in short order.

The current watch market has gone mad.

Master
    A BLNR sold here a couple of months ago for below 7K

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    A BLNR sold here a couple of months ago for below 7K
    The one that had been passed over with a scouring pad ?

I thought that went to a dealer for more than he was offering it here ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    The one that had been passed over with a scouring pad ?

I thought that went to a dealer for more than he was offering it here ?
    He offered it here for about 6.8K and I think Haywood offered to polish it up for anyone who bought as it was all superficial stuff.
    I would say from previous sales 7.4K was about going rate though with ongoing madness though this may have increased in the feeding frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Please say you’re joking about the warranty card?

I can honestly say if my AD wants to keep the card on my BB58 they’ll be keeping the Watch too. I’m not going to be part of any games when spending thousands of my money on a luxury item. And I don’t care about flipping it one bit, IF the 58 is as nice as everyone keeps saying it’ll be my daily.

I know some will say I’m shooting myself in the foot but if enough people did it they’d get the message.

It’s only because it doesn’t actually prevent flippers anyway and the warranty is still valid. It’s just a load of rubbish to create more hype.
    Not a joke but I can’t imagine many AD’s keeping it. Mine does it now apparently on any watch they think is sort after.

Master
    I had the warranty card for the Rolex Pepsi held for 12 months and that's cool. But for a Tudor? No way, Jose!!

Cool for a Rolex not cool for a Tudor - why’s that then?

Tudor are simply not a sought after watch. Average man in the street probably wouldn’t even know what a Tudor watch is Rolex on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Tudor are simply not a sought after watch. Average man in the street probably wouldn’t even know what a Tudor watch is Rolex on the other hand....
    So desirability correlates to warranty retention. Oh well guess it’s official - the world has indeed gone mad

So desirability correlates to warranty retention. Oh well guess it’s official - the world has indeed gone mad
    You only just figured that out ?

Does seem to be SS Sports Rolex and PPs. I don't think Argos will be retaining warranty cards anytime soon

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It's just following the hype.
    Folk have got the strop because Rolex supply is decreasing so they're pumping up Tudor models to be the next great thing which will artificially inflate them for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    It's just following the hype.
    Folk have got the strop because Rolex supply is decreasing so they're pumping up Tudor models to be the next great thing which will artificially inflate them for a while.
    Sounds logical

It'll be relatively easy to get hold of quite quickly.

Tag has more brand recognition and prestige to the average punter. Within a relatively small community (like here), tudor is well thought of, but to the wider world?

When I had a black bay, no one in my circle of colleagues and friends had even heard of Tudor.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    It'll be relatively easy to get hold of quite quickly.

Tag has more brand recognition and prestige to the average punter. Within a relatively small community (like here), tudor is well thought of, but to the wider world?

When I had a black bay, no one in my circle of colleagues and friends had even heard of Tudor.

Guess I might have to sell my Carrera on the bay then.