closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Noob Factory "Replicas"? on Amazon. What do you think?

Master

Noob Factory "Replicas"? on Amazon. What do you think?

I was watching the first vid when about a third of the way through, he did a search under Noob Factory and the following watches came up under Amazon Prime. I really don't know what to make of it apart from being very surprised and a bit confused by it. Surely Amazon wouldn't be allowed to sell these as they are to all intents and purposes, fakes!?

First vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqQJpNq1rlY

Second vid:

https://www.amazon.com/Luxury-submer...rc=detail&th=1
    Last edited by stix; 10th June 2018 at 05:20.

Master
    Noobfactory is a well known fake manufacturer (among certain circles). But without any Rolex branding on it, it's no different to any other 'homage' watch, parnis etc.

Craftsman
    When they sell on sites like dhgate, the watch in the pictures has no logo at all. Be interesting to see if the one purchased from Amazon actually said "noob" on it when it arrived.

Also be interested if you can actually buy them, or if that just puts you on some vague waiting list that you'll only ever reach the top of if you play golf with the owner or buy lots of other less popular noob watches first. Just how realistic are these replicas...
    Last edited by wombleh; 10th June 2018 at 07:01.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wombleh View Post
    When they sell on sites like dhgate, the watch in the pictures has no logo at all. Be interesting to see if the one purchased from Amazon actually said "noob" on it when it arrived.

Also be interested if you can actually buy them, or if that just puts you on some vague waiting list that you'll only ever reach the top of if you play golf with the owner or buy lots of other less popular noob watches first. Just how realistic are these replicas...
    These factories churn out hundreds of these watches. Of course a lot of them are branded and not like these. Doesn't seem that much of a stretch that they've gone 'legit' in order to increase consumer base.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesey View Post
    Noobfactory is a well known fake manufacturer (among certain circles). But without any Rolex branding on it, it's no different to any other 'homage' watch, parnis etc.
    I feel this is different and too close to the original especially when you look at the movement photos. An homage to me anyway, takes certain cues but isn't a direct likeness for want of a better word plus, this is mainstream retail and hence my surprise.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by stix View Post
    I was watching the first vid when about a third of the way through, he did a search under Noob Factory and the following watches came up under Amazon Prime. I really don't know what to make of it apart from being very surprised and a bit confused by it. Surely Amazon wouldn't be allowed to sell these as they are to all intents and purposes, fakes!?

First vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqQJpNq1rlY

Second vid:

https://www.amazon.com/Luxury-submer...rc=detail&th=1
    I don’t think amazon are that hot on monitoring and removing items. Their marketplace feature feels fairly unregulated a lot of the time.

Master
    "a guaranteed way to become a more powerful, more confident you"

Journeyman
    Not a watch but I’ve purchased a pretty expensive Sony battery from them a few years ago, which later turned out to be a fake. Never received a reaction from Amazon despite sending multiple complaints. I also think their marketplace is relatively unregulated.

I'd say that anyone who buys one of those watches thoroughly deserves to own it.

The noob factory is held in very high regard by the "replica" crowd - they're the best money can buy if that's your thing.

Those on amazon though, sheeesh, their branding ain't pretty!

why

why buy utter garbage like that ?

you might as well drop onto the looky looky boys
    asda price

10 euros genuine fake
    etc etc

Master
    Unbelievably expensive as well!

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    The noob factory is held in very high regard by the "replica" crowd - they're the best money can buy if that's your thing.

Those on amazon though, sheeesh, their branding ain't pretty!
    So, the "best money can buy" has little or no resistance to water and can run up to a minute fast per day?

I'm glad l went and bought a real one.

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Yes but how do you know another factory isn’t just copying the ‘Noob’ brand in an inferior way?!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    So, the "best money can buy" has little or no resistance to water and can run up to a minute fast per day?
    No. Even moderately-priced replicas can have decent water resistance and accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    Yes but how do you know another factory isn’t just copying the ‘Noob’ brand in an inferior way?!
    Cloneception.

Love how the "Noob v7" looks added in paint or w/e as it is not as blurry as rest of inscriptions on the watch, also on the lume shot, you can clearly see the Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    No. Even moderately-priced replicas can have decent water resistance and accuracy.
    Not according to the advertisement on that link...