closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage Rolex service recommendation in EU ?

Vintage Rolex service recommendation in EU ?

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a watchmaker to service my Sub 5513 Maxi MK1, what are they recommended places for a vintage watch in EU ?
    I would prefer someone with a Rolex accreditation and access to replacement parts.

Thanks,

I've used Steven Hale before and I would recommend him.

http://www.shwr.co.uk

Master
    How about Rolex

Master
    Duncan at Genesis

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by philou31 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for a watchmaker to service my Sub 5513 Maxi MK1, what are they recommended places for a vintage watch in EU ?
    I would prefer someone with a Rolex accreditation and access to replacement parts.

Thanks,

Without a doubt Rolex , cheap flight or Eurostar and a day out in London drop off in person with recommendations and requirements for work required and instructions on dial hands and polishing.

The price of the service will always add that and more on top of the watch’s value .

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    I've used Steven Hale before and I would recommend him.
    http://www.shwr.co.uk

I saw his name mentioned several times in other threads, seems like a good address, thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    How about Rolex
    I am a bit nervous by the idea of sending a tritium dial watch to Rolex, maybe I am a bit paranoic

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Duncan at Genesis
    genesiswatchmaking, also mentioned somewhere on the forum, thanks !

On others forums, some people recommended me Portanova in Bolognia and Watchworks in Bristol, would you guys also recommend them ?

i would recommend Rocco Manfredi at Watchworks. You will save between 30% - 40% compared to RSC. Then, if
    prepared to travel, you could see a bit of the West Country! Here is a link to their site.

http://www.watchworks.co.uk/

He worked wonders with a 5513 I sent him from Portugal. Now they don't accept watches from outside UK by courier, as far as I remember.
    Good luck.
    David

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakadu View Post
    i would recommend Rocco Manfredi at Watchworks. You will save between 30% - 40% compared to RSC. Then, if
    prepared to travel, you could see a bit of the West Country! Here is a link to their site.

He worked wonders with a 5513 I sent him from Portugal. Now they don't accept watches from outside UK by courier, as far as I remember.
    Good luck.
    David
    I'd steer clear of St. Paul's though, especially if you are wearing an expensive watch

Quote Originally Posted by marksh View Post
    Without a doubt Rolex , cheap flight or Eurostar and a day out in London drop off in person with recommendations and requirements for work required and instructions on dial hands and polishing.
    The price of the service will always add that and more on top of the watch’s value .
    I am a bit scared to send my watch to Rolex, such a big amount of horrific stories on the web. The only safe option would be RSC in London I suppose, I'm going to drop them a mail and ask for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakadu View Post

Good luck.
    David
    I contacted Rocco by mail, he is on annual leave till next week.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I'd steer clear of St. Paul's though, especially if you are wearing an expensive watch
    Never been to Bristol, is St. Paul's a dodgy area ?

Master
    The same uk names that always get mentioned, on an approximately fortnightly basis, quite possibly more frequently... This applies if it's a 5513, 1680, 1665, 1655 etc etc

Craftsman
    If it helps I gave Rolex my 1967 5513. They were good - even to point of returning crown that really did need replacing (they gave me the option). Kept rest as it - good communication and as stated by another member, have another piece of paper that must add some provenece and value.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by philou31 View Post
    I am a bit scared to send my watch to Rolex, such a big amount of horrific stories on the web. The only safe option would be RSC in London I suppose, I'm going to drop them a mail and ask for details.

I contacted Rocco by mail, he is on annual leave till next week.

Never been to Bristol, is St. Paul's a dodgy area ?
    Well there was the St. Paul's riots in 1980. It has a reputation for drugs & prostitution but actually I'd have no problem walking through there. I'd leg it if I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor View Post
    The same uk names that always get mentioned, on an approximately fortnightly basis, quite possibly more frequently... This applies if it's a 5513, 1680, 1665, 1655 etc etc
    Yes, and thanks to forums like TZ-UK, it's so much easier to shortlist a selection based on users feedbacks and recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    If it helps I gave Rolex my 1967 5513. They were good - even to point of returning crown that really did need replacing (they gave me the option). Kept rest as it - good communication and as stated by another member, have another piece of paper that must add some provenece and value.
    It helps

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Well there was the St. Paul's riots in 1980. It has a reputation for drugs & prostitution but actually I'd have no problem walking through there. I'd leg it if I had to.
    Thanks for the information, the only St Paul I know is full of suits and tourists

Watchworks is in Bishopston NOT St Pauls!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    Watchworks is in Bishopston NOT St Pauls!
    It's very close to St. Paul's. In any case, i never said it was
    Last edited by trident-7; 12th May 2018 at 07:38.