closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazing what you can find in the back of a safe.. *MONDAY UPDATE*

Quote Originally Posted by groyn View Post
    That feels about right for a 67 but a bit high for 78 as you say. I wonder what your dealer would have offered a seller for the same watch.
    agreed - about right for an internet sourced '67 - and an amazing price from a bricks and mortar shop
    so 5.5K for a '78 from a shop isn't too bad but a bit high for internet sourced etc...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    agreed - about right for an internet sourced '67 - and an amazing price from a bricks and mortar shop
    so 5.5K for a '78 from a shop isn't too bad but a bit high for internet sourced etc...
    For me its all about the seller with vintage Rolex, always sourced mine from good people, mainly respected dealers and the occasional trusted individual - the best way to avoid "issues". It hasn't always cost more for this peace mind, although if its a hundred or two more on a watch costing thousands in my experience its well worth it. Chasing a "bargain" often ends in tears

I think its worth more than your 5.5k, obviously there is the age, the matching hands/dial, bezel/pip, but what adds value to me is what you said that it hasn't been re-finished, if that's the case (excuse the pun) then its far more desirable..

Before it goes in for the movement service maybe try and locate an original crown to be fitted - and watch (all these puns!) the value rise...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skool View Post
    Loosks great. No doubt the forum dealers like MarcJ will jump on this once it's flipped on SC
    Really?? Sad!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk