closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DDtB View Post
    I was planning to keep and wear mine. Just makes it sting even more.

Going to wear a Rolex when I go into omega for my refund. Petty win for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Have you managed to speak with someone at omega?
    Hope you feel better today.

Watchfinder have listed a second Snoopy today. They even publish the limited edition numbers - which potentially could get someone into trouble with their AD. When I posted a few shots of mine earlier in the thread I covered the number up, not because I don't want you guys to know what it is, but more out of respect to the seller in case his AD is on here and spots it and it causes him grief.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 20th May 2016 at 16:20.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard81 View Post
    Have you managed to speak with someone at omega?
    Hope you feel better today.
    Actually yes.... to both.

Had a 30 min chat with Omega earlier today. Was a very pleasant chat and they definitely understand my frustration now.

Whether it will change anything remains to be seen. I've a bit more info on why the allocation has gone so horribly wrong and don't think there's really anything shady going on if it's true. But either way, I'm without the watch and the whole thing has left me a bit jaded with it all. It's extremely unlikely they'll be able to get me one by the sounds of it.

It's supposed to be a fun hobby. Spending a year getting excited and then having the rug pulled wasn't expected.

Oh well... c'est la vie.

Master
    Actually yes.... to both.

Had a 30 min chat with Omega earlier today. Was a very pleasant chat and they definitely understand my frustration now.

Whether it will change anything remains to be seen. I've a bit more info on why the allocation has gone so horribly wrong and don't think there's really anything shady going on if it's true. But either way, I'm without the watch and the whole thing has left me a bit jaded with it all. It's extremely unlikely they'll be able to get me one by the sounds of it.

It's supposed to be a fun hobby. Spending a year getting excited and then having the rug pulled wasn't expected.

Oh well... c'est la vie.
    I'm glad for you.
    Care to share what the problem was?
    Hope they've offered you some form of compensation?

Craftsman
    Not sure I fully understand it, but seems it's more an issue on the distribution side rather than the Omega supply side or the information they provided about quantities either.

Human error seems to have been involved at some point too by the sounds of it. Obviously don't want to state 'facts' in case i picked things up wrong. I dare say some difficult conversations have been had behind the scenes when it became apparent there had been a big screw up that impacts more than just me.

Talked about possible options we could look at to make me happy but still holding out hope for the watch I ordered and paid for last year. The call went a long way to making me feel slightly less aggrieved though. At the end of the day it's a watch i never had so need to get my head around the fact I haven't really 'lost' it I guess.

If a miracle happens and I get one, I'll be delighted. If not... bigger things happening in the world and stuff as they say.

I've got a car with a sickly engine so might just put the funds into that for extra awesomeness when it's fixed. Maybe it's a sign.

Master
    Don't want to hijack the thread, per se (and it's an interesting thread), but I wonder when the marque brands will start selling online, vie their websites? Also, is it not the case that some Omega boutiques are just themed Beaverbrooks, etc? For example, my local one in the Trafford Centre, is not (to my knowledge) run my Omega.

Master
    Not sure I fully understand it, but seems it's more an issue on the distribution side rather than the Omega supply side or the information they provided about quantities either.

Human error seems to have been involved at some point too by the sounds of it. Obviously don't want to state 'facts' in case i picked things up wrong. I dare say some difficult conversations have been had behind the scenes when it became apparent there had been a big screw up that impacts more than just me.

Talked about possible options we could look at to make me happy but still holding out hope for the watch I ordered and paid for last year. The call went a long way to making me feel slightly less aggrieved though. At the end of the day it's a watch i never had so need to get my head around the fact I haven't really 'lost' it I guess.

If a miracle happens and I get one, I'll be delighted. If not... bigger things happening in the world and stuff as they say.

I've got a car with a sickly engine so might just put the funds into that for extra awesomeness when it's fixed. Maybe it's a sign.
    Fingers firmly crossed.

Master
    FYI ... BNIB SNoopy for sale on Omegaforums £9k.
    Omega 'Silver Snoopy Award' Speedmaster Apollo 13 Edition
    https://omegaforums.net/index.php?th...Edition.40257/

Craftsman
    Gotta say, this whole distribution debacle really depresses me. Yes, I got mine, and yes, I wear it regularly with no regard to future collectibility, but I sincerely wish that everyone else who wanted to own and wear one as I do was able to do so for the advertised price.

For those who "get it", it really is a special watch, but thanks to the bunged up release and rampant speculation, too many blokes who could care less about the Silver Snoopy wound up with one and went after the easy money. Ordinarily I wouldn't get too fussed about this sort of a situation, but for some reason, this time around it's really sticking in my craw.

Regards,
    Adam

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    this time around it's really sticking in my craw.
    Why do you care?

Gotta say, this whole distribution debacle really depresses me.

For those who "get it", it really is a special watch, but thanks to the bunged up release and rampant speculation, too many blokes who could care less about the Silver Snoopy wound up with one and went after the easy money.
    Totally agree Adam, why do Omega insist on making limited editions. If this watch was released as just a different variant of the moonwatch, but with a nod to Apollo 13 most people wouldn't have looked twice at it, but make it a limited edition and you raise the stakes and introduce the possibility of making some money on it.

Even if they call it a limited edition and agree that they will only produce 1970 watches, why not hold on to them until all the watches are ready for distribution and release them all at the same time instead of drip feeding them out and blaming production problems. I am sure this would reduce some of the speculating that has been going on.

Unfortunately the trend continues with this years releases, the ceramic Daytona, the limited edition blue Speedmaster and the bronze Tudor all present opportunities for people to get in early and make a buck or two.

Master
    Actually, how many people has this affected? How many people actually had their money down. 100? 200? In Omega world it's probably small change and from my colleague he tells me his money was refunded in full the day he received the call. How many watches got released and in which markets? Omega may have upset TZ-UK but they are now seeing their product accrue cult status by the simple means of taking the product away coincidentally at the same time as a rival brand are releasing their new chronograph which unsurprisingly is v.limited and for which there will be a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Actually, how many people has this affected? How many people actually had their money down. 100? 200? In Omega world it's probably small change and from my colleague he tells me his money was refunded in full the day he received the call. How many watches got released and in which markets? Omega may have upset TZ-UK but they are now seeing their product accrue cult status by the simple means of taking the product away coincidentally at the same time as a rival brand are releasing their new chronograph which unsurprisingly is v.limited and for which there will be a premium.
    I would agree Mark, most ADs would have only been promised 1 or 2 watches at most and as some watches have been delivered the number of ADs who are now being told sorry your promised watch won't be delivered will be relatively low and yes that is small beer to them. To the individuals concerned it is a big deal, yes they get their money back, but I bet they feel as though they have been cra**ed on.

This forum at least gives these people a place to share their experiences and any information that they may have.

Craftsman
    It's definitely a massive deal to me. Seeing folk who only wanted the watch for a quick profit doesn't help much either. Some of us thought we'd bought a watch we'd love wearing and feel lucky to own.... Now feel shafted.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

If you're an AD having to return payments made in full a long time ago, first of all that's painful in itself, secondly are you worried about trying to get people to pay up front in future?

How much was it list price and how much are they on Watchfinder?

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    How much was it list price and how much are they on Watchfinder?
    RRP £4,630.00

Watchfinder - offers in excess of £11,000.00

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Why do you care?
    Because I'm not a sociopath?

Scores of folks who wanted this watch were shut out thanks to speculators, and now we find out that those who were guaranteed one at list price are getting the finger. As a member of the watch collecting community for a couple of decades now, yes, this sticks in my craw.

Regards,
    Adam
    Last edited by craniotes; 22nd May 2016 at 05:36.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsox78 View Post
    Don't want to hijack the thread, per se (and it's an interesting thread), but I wonder when the marque brands will start selling online, vie their websites?
    JLC have been for some time.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Why do you care?
    Why do you care if he cares?...... And so on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I would agree Mark, most ADs would have only been promised 1 or 2 watches at most and as some watches have been delivered the number of ADs who are now being told sorry your promised watch won't be delivered will be relatively low and yes that is small beer to them. To the individuals concerned it is a big deal, yes they get their money back, but I bet they feel as though they have been cra**ed on.

This forum at least gives these people a place to share their experiences and any information that they may have.
    I understand but we are just the people with some money. Omega know we'll be back if the right product gets released or if the Snoopy suddenly becomes more available. Shouldn't think G.Clooney or Robert Downey would have a problem getting one.

Never paid enough attention to the Snoopy.
    Now,I wish I hadn't ignored the multiple emails from my Omega boutique to pick up mine which I didn't even remember reserving! I probably showed some interest when they showed it at the Spectre premiere but was a little drunk then!

Lol, while looking for the Snoopy email I found this one that Inhadnt even noticed

Dear Raj,

I'm happy to inform you that you have been selected to be a recipient of the SpeedMaster CK2998.

As you know it is a Boutique-only Exclusive timepiece. You were selected to be of the few to receive from the fist batch that is coming Late July
    Last edited by RAJEN; 22nd May 2016 at 16:54.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Never paid enough attention to the Snoopy.
    Now,I wish I hadn't ignored the multiple emails from my Omega boutique to pick up mine which I didn't even remember reserving! I probably showed some interest when they showed it at the Spectre premiere but was a little drunk then!
    You'd better not be talking about the Glasgow boutique !!

NY.
    In fact I can also hazily recollect that when they were ferrying us from the boutique to the theatre for the movie, there was a guy sat in front of me who had a Snoopy on each of his wrists and wanted to sell me one. He was also a guest and not an Omega employee. Didn't know Snoopy was already out then. Well, talk about wasted opportunities.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    That's a ridiculous price. Overpriced by at least 4k...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard81 View Post
    That's a ridiculous price. Overpriced by at least 4k...
    Madness .
    I loved it when it was announced but it was out of my reach then. I do feel for those that put their money up and have been let down so badly , especially when you see these prices .
    Last edited by Davidd; 23rd May 2016 at 17:46.

Master
    If you get any resolution let us know. My colleague who had his money returned and £500 'goodwill' offered is considering legal options. Now the phrase 'wee-ing in the wind' might be used here but he is really irritated about this. They took his money, consistently told him it was due and then...nothing. He considers himself shafted and wants to know why. He has a relative in the car trade he tells me who successfully sued a local Ford dealer when they cancelled an order of three special model Fords some years back. He'd bought cars from them before but this time the dealer said no. The Judge ruled that there was a history of dealing in vehicles between the parties and Ford were attempting to profiteer.

Master

Anyone dropped a load of sheets on the new Snoopy Speedie yet?

Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    If you get any resolution let us know. My colleague who had his money returned and £500 'goodwill' offered is considering legal options. Now the phrase 'wee-ing in the wind' might be used here but he is really irritated about this. They took his money, consistently told him it was due and then...nothing. He considers himself shafted and wants to know why. He has a relative in the car trade he tells me who successfully sued a local Ford dealer when they cancelled an order of three special model Fords some years back. He'd bought cars from them before but this time the dealer said no. The Judge ruled that there was a history of dealing in vehicles between the parties and Ford were attempting to profiteer.
    £500 cash or store credit? £500 cash seems a fair resolution to me. I know he is annoyed about the watch but 10%+ interest sounds like a good deal.
    Last edited by Deckard81; 23rd May 2016 at 22:21.

I'm sure it will be £500 store credit which I suppose could be used to buy some straps. No point using it to buy a watch as the £500 saving at a boutique is nothing compared to what discount can be achieved elsewhere

Master
    Blog Entries

Why bother?

Buy an Alaska.

That's the sleeper not the Snoop!

Cheers,
    M

- - - Updated - - -

Buy an Alaska.

That's the sleeper not the Snoop!

Cheers,
    M

Lume shot popped up on Instagram

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Lume shot popped up on Instagram

What's with the cock and balls logo at 12?
    Once you see it, you can't unsee it

Craftsman
    Gotta love a happy ending....

Failure was not an option!

Chuffed.

Cheers all!

Master

Chuffed.

Cheers all!
    Excellent! So come on... How did you manage it!?

Craftsman
    Just got lucky I guess...

Master
    Blog Entries

Good for you

Master

Chuffed.

Cheers all!
    Yeah!!! Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how did things turn around, a few posts ago you were being offered a refund and were rightly angry, now the watch turns up. Makes about as much sense as anything else in this thread.

Anyway, delighted that you got one and welcome to a small but select gang of members who own one.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    What's with the cock and balls logo at 12?
    Once you see it, you can't unsee it
    +1

I'm afraid I sold mine (loss of job meant I couldn't keep ) , but went to a NASA enthusiast , so at least to another good home . I bet I will regret in years to come .

Blog Entries

Chuffed.

Cheers all!
    looks great, but can't you just swap out the dial, bezel and hands from a regular speedy to get this one? Omega must be having a larf. (Maybe the case back as well)

M

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    looks great, but can't you just swap out the dial, bezel and hands from a regular speedy to get this one? Omega must be having a larf. (Maybe the case back as well)

M
    As you allude to, it is the case back that makes all the difference and that cannot be copied, even the fakes have a normal metal case back. It's a shame they didn't put this on the front.

upload a picture

Master
    Blog Entries

M
    Would Omega sell you this dial?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    I doubt it somehow! But I do wonder about the disproportionate cost of sale compared to what actually makes up the different models - with these seemingly endless re-issues of what is underneath the same watch. At least with the DSOTM etc there is a different movement - basically a different watch.

M

Bringing this back up can anyone confirm if they managed a purchase via a Leslie David/Ernest Jones on this Snoopy? (Not a boutique)

M
    That is the case with basically all Special edition speedies ... yes, you could. But it wouldn't be quite the same

Question

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post

joke post yes?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    joke post yes?
    Must be. There's no way in hell that Omega would sell anyone a Silver Snoopy dial.

Regards,
    Adam

Must be. There's no way in hell that Omega would sell anyone a Silver Snoopy dial.

Regards,
    Adam
    Maybe not but there are replacement dials available for other limited/special edition Speedmaster Professional models, always plenty of Snoopy patch dials on eBay and I've seen quite a few Snoopy patch dial replacement models for sale (some on Chrono24 now).

Case backs, don't think I've ever seen a "spare" or replacement case back for a limited edition, I guess Omega have a short run of these and will give you the standard case back if it needs replacing? The new Snoopy case back is stunning, this dial is fantastic, I'd have definitely had one at RRP but I still do not understand why the market has gone so wild for this particular limited edition.