closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The recipe thread

Hybrid View

This peppercorn sauce is mighty fine and simple to make. Good with steak or chicken.

Watch the flames!

I bought a sous vide cooker the other week. So far, so good.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    I fancy one of those Eddie. What method of cooking do you use? (Steak for example).

Long and slow in the sous vide then fried off for colour?

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    I fancy one of those Eddie. What method of cooking do you use? (Steak for example).

Long and slow in the sous vide then fried off for colour?
    Yes, long and slow and then browned off in the pan. Steak is tender and juicy, same with chicken and pork. I'm going to get some brisket and make some corned beef next but that will be a 10 day brining and 48 hour cook.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Yes, long and slow and then browned off in the pan. Steak is tender and juicy, same with chicken and pork. I'm going to get some brisket and make some corned beef next but that will be a 10 day brining and 48 hour cook.

Eddie
    Got to try this one day, I'm forever over cooking steak, hope this will help...

Eddie
    Which one did you get? Sous Vide Supreme?

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    Which one did you get? Sous Vide Supreme?
    I got a cheap kit which included the vacuum sealer. Didn't want to spend a lot in case I didn't get on with it. I'll be cooking a nice bit of fillet steak today.

Eddie

I got a cheap kit which included the vacuum sealer. Didn't want to spend a lot in case I didn't get on with it. I'll be cooking a nice bit of fillet steak today.

Eddie
    Pics Eddie please :)

Eddie
    I've been cooking ghetto sous vide for years, using a cheap vacuum sealer, electronic thermometer and a variety of pans. Should like to go upmarket, so interested in your thoughts on your new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    I've been cooking ghetto sous vide for years, using a cheap vacuum sealer, electronic thermometer and a variety of pans. Should like to go upmarket, so interested in your thoughts on your new one.
    So far it's done what I want (and expected) without fuss or drama. I've used it mainly for steaks and it also cooked pork tenderloin perfectly. I'll have a go with some vegetables this weekend.

Eddie