closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster Professional 2254 Question

info

Omega Seamaster Professional 2254 Question

Hello,

I am new to the forum and new to watch collecting. This is my first post with a question. I recently purchased a used Omega Seamaster Professional 2254 Black face black bezel, some of you may have seen my post asking if anyone on this forum was interested in selling one. At any rate I have a question. I have noticed in alot of the pictures that the second hand is red. On my watch it is not red, but is luminitated. Did they change this at some point?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Re: Omega Seamaster Professional 2254 Question

could you post a pic of your watch?

i am by no means an expert on all the seamaster models, past & present, but i don't recall seeing anything but a red-tipped seconds hand on the 2254.

Quote Originally Posted by info
    Hello,

I am new to the forum and new to watch collecting. This is my first post with a question. I recently purchased a used Omega Seamaster Professional 2254 Black face black bezel, some of you may have seen my post asking if anyone on this forum was interested in selling one. At any rate I have a question. I have noticed in alot of the pictures that the second hand is red. On my watch it is not red, but is luminitated. Did they change this at some point?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

info
    I have no idea on how to attach a photo to these posts. I did look at it closer after taking pictures and it appears that there is some coloration, red but is very faded. I've also seen some pictures of the SMP 2254 with a serial number stamped on the back. I have also seen some without the serial number stamped on the back. Again mine does not have the stamp on the back.

So i'm just curious why I see small variations of this watch and what exactly they mean. If anyone is a SMP Pro expert i'd like to bounce some things off of them. PM me and I can send you some pics that I took.

Otherwise any feedback via the post is very much appreciated. :-)

it would be to your benefit to learn how to post a pic, if for nothing else than that it would be more likely to get more feedback on your watch question.

1) open a free acct with any of the free online hosting sites, photobucket.com is one of the most popular.
    2) upload your photos to your online album
    3) for each photo, you will see an IMG code line. copy and paste all that info in the field into your message and voila, you're done.

Craftsman
    To piggy-back on what Denizen has said...

You can use the "preview" option before you "submit" the post to see that it works correctly.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by info
    I have no idea on how to attach a photo to these posts. I did look at it closer after taking pictures and it appears that there is some coloration, red but is very faded. I've also seen some pictures of the SMP 2254 with a serial number stamped on the back. I have also seen some without the serial number stamped on the back. Again mine does not have the stamp on the back.

So i'm just curious why I see small variations of this watch and what exactly they mean. If anyone is a SMP Pro expert i'd like to bounce some things off of them. PM me and I can send you some pics that I took.

Otherwise any feedback via the post is very much appreciated. :-)
    Let me answer your questions. :)

All SMP's have a red tipped second hand but under constant bright sunlight they can fade very badly which is probably what has happened to yours.

All SMP's will have the serial number etched on the back of the 7 o'clock lug.

Watches sold by unofficial grey market dealers often have the serial numbers ground off to cover up where they originally got them from.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Take a look here to discover the joys of picture posting. http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33287
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Hi Info,

here is a pic of my 2254

The seconds hand is red tipped as you can see.

It also has the serial no. on back of the lower lug at 7.

Thomas

Here is mine

it has the serial number at the 7 lug

If you want to email me your pics i will put them up for you, just drop me a PM for my addy.