closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith query

Zenith query

Gents

Have been offered a BNIB Striking 10th Tribute to Felix Baumgartner for £3,500 which is a way below retail but knowing my flipping tendencies if I bought it at that price and ended up not getting on with it do you think the initial discount is low enough that I won't take a bath on resale? I reckon that's 50% off RRP. It's the model on rubber.

Journeyman
    I would still think you would lose on this. One was on eBay recently for 3250 and it didn't sell.

Cool thanks. Wanted to clarify this is the Striking Tenth version if that makes a difference

Craftsman
    There was a bracelet version on here a few weeks back listed at 4,250. It had the rubber strap too. It sold but not sure for how much.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...umgartner-quot
    Last edited by Petewon; 1st February 2016 at 21:04. Reason: Added link

It's maybe slightly divisive because it's quite a big watch. I'd pay £3.5k if it was a tad smaller though; I think it's stunning :)

I'd be surprised if you lost much personally, but a lot of it comes down to luck I think... And you never know, you might want to keep it!!

Craftsman
    Tried unsuccessfully to acquire this watch last year. Even Iconic said they couldn't get !
    Cannot understand why buying a Zenith = heavy depreciation.
    Still I buy for personal pleasure not ever intending to sell on.
    I bought the Zenith Spindrift, but still would buy the tribute when funds permit and if I could track one down.

Journeyman
    I was looking at 231815797239

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Petewon View Post
    There was a bracelet version on here a few weeks back listed at 4,250. It had the rubber strap too. It sold but not sure for how much.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...umgartner-quot
    I desperately wanted to fall for that one, especially given the striking 10th, but in the end I just know I'd've ended up not liking the size and bezel.

Give a call to Tag Heuer outlet store at Bicester Village and see if they have one in stock as they do stock Zentihs, I seem to remember seeing one there.... I feel that Zenith have the same problem as Tag.... the depreciation is just ridiculous... I bought a brand new current model Tag with 50% off RRP through a company that have partnership with them and still managed to loose a lot of money when sold 6 months later...