closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Metres Fist Sub - valuation

Metres Fist Sub - valuation

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone could please give me a rough idea of the current market value of my metres first 5513. I believe its from 67.
    Pics will no doubt help..

Many thanks.

Master
    Nice. Over £5k but knowing more about it, whether anything comes with it and seeing the condition of the dial under a 10x would really help firm it up. Lovely watch.

Haywood

Craftsman
    With those caveats in mind, would that be what a dealer would offer, what it would retail at, or what a private sale might fetch?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by groyn View Post
    With those caveats in mind, would that be what a dealer would offer, what it would retail at, or what a private sale might fetch?
    It could be any of those, or none; one really needs to know the full details and see the watch.

If perfect and sold in the right way, these days a white text / metres first could sell for a few thousand more even without box 'n' docs, I would say. Very few such watches around, certainly too few to give a concrete price.

Haywood

Many thanks for your thoughts on this. Doesnt have anything else with it. Came from a very reputable dealer.
    Many thanks

Good to see the question answered in the correct way - so many variables, it's difficult to pin down precisely (e.g. I've seen two loose Mk I inserts for sale recently, the cheaper at a hefty price to begin with and the other $1000 MORE EXPENSIVE).

Lovely watch for sure. I failed to buy mine (from the same year) back, sadly, after selling it in a moment of madness.

I'm hoping not to have that moment of madness. So I guess that I shouldn't really be asking the question! :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by scalino65 View Post
    I'm hoping not to have that moment of madness. So I guess that I shouldn't really be asking the question! :)
    On the other hand, the answer might absolutely convince you not to have that moment of madness.

How come the new Submariners fail to arouse me like this one does?
    Last edited by Skyfire; 31st January 2016 at 21:59.

Journeyman
    A metres fist 👊. Sounds rare.

But seriously looks nice. I am tempted with some vintage pieces but don't know where to start. There are so many variations of the same watch with subtle differences it blows my mind. Right now in thinking 1655, 5513 maxi dial, 1680 red or maybe a 1665 but it changes daily.

haha oo-eer mister gimlet, didnt spot that:)

Nice looking watch. The strap looks later (it should be a riveted strap), but everything else looks original. Just out of interest does it have a twin or triple lock crown?

Paper from Rolex (punched or service) would also add a premium (in my book).

I think if it came up at £5K (based purely on the pictures) it would get a fair amount of interest.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    I have a similiar one(like the strat) its a 67 with recent Rolex service paperwork, prices have gone a bit wild on these over the last year and although I am not selling it would take £5.5k to get it off my wrist, don't know if that helps.

Nice looking watch. It has everything that a vintage collector would look for, the correct dial in good order, matching hands, a superdome crystal and a stunning fat font insert. If the crown and the bracelet have been replaced at service I wouldn't see that holding back the price. I think at £5k there would be a queue.