closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Big brother little brother-(green Rolex content)

Big brother little brother-(green Rolex content)

Thanks to Kash, I have now rectified my sellers remorse and feel like I have a found a long lost friend in his superb 16610lv. Don't think this one will be going anywhere. Practically in as new condition and I found a sticker on the clasp! Anyhow, they make a cracking pair!

Craftsman
    They look amazing together side by side. Congratulations.

Thanks for posting, I now have a picture to show my wife the difference and why I need the hulk to go with my kermit!

Quote Originally Posted by Barton Red View Post
    Thanks for posting, I now have a picture to show my wife the difference and why I need the hulk to go with my kermit!
    Go for it! They wear completely different, amazing really.

16610lv is on my radar for 2016..

Must be a real headache deciding which one has the day's wrist time. First-world problems, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Go for it! They wear completely different, amazing really.
    Been on the list for a while, my wife picked green as our wedding theme, used that excuse for the Milgauss GV and the kermit, 15 year anniversary this year so dropping hints:)

Blog Entries
    Great pair still have a 2007 16610lv
    never worn still with all stickers intact
    Might wear it one day lol

Nice pair but have never been able to really warm upto the Kermit. The Hulk, I absolutely love.

Great pic and great watches also.

Craftsman
    It's so great to see them side by side. Love them both. But in my opinion, go green or go home. Therefore, the Hulk is the clear winner for me. Must be wonderful to be able to choose between them. Which do you prefer?

Congrats, Kermit is imo the ultimate modern Sub; with the combination of classic case, aluminum bezel, and maxi dial.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepie View Post
    It's so great to see them side by side. Love them both. But in my opinion, go green or go home. Therefore, the Hulk is the clear winner for me. Must be wonderful to be able to choose between them. Which do you prefer?
    I have a soft spot for the kermit but if I had to choose at a push, the hulk would triumph. The newer case and bracelet/clasp are fantastic. I reason the two watches are like a new Porsche 911 and an older one. The older 911 is still a thing of beauty and desirable but a newer 911 has the upgrades that make it that bit more better to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by golfg60 View Post
    Great pair still have a 2007 16610lv
    never worn still with all stickers intact
    Might wear it one day lol
    Me too! Except mine is undated

My wife wears my other Kermit and I wear a Hulk. I much prefer the Kermit. It just wears so nicely

Banned
    Very nice. What watches do you wear on your other wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Nice pair but have never been able to really warm up to the Kermit. The Hulk, I absolutely love.
    Agreed. Had both, sold both but I have another Hulk incoming. It was a far more special watch than I appreciated; sometimes you don't realise until it's gone!

Master
    excellent.

I prefer the Hulk to the Kermit but is that really the standard Rolex magnification from the cyclops these days? The Kermit looks to have much better magnification or is it just the camera angle?

All the best,

Paul

A Kermit was on my shopping list when 2015 began but it looks like I'll have to postpone that until 2016. Unless my GF is planning to surprise me for Christmas.

Honey?

No, then it will not happen until next year.

Master

Perfect!!

Always wanted the Kermit but the Hulk has actually grown on me!!!

Stunning pair!!
    Chris
    Last edited by subchris; 20th December 2015 at 18:42.

Apprentice
    I love both and can see a place for both of them in my collection. Beside them both having the green bezel the watches have a lot of differences. I love the hulks dial but think the black contrast makes the kermit just as appealing. Love them🏼

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not a fan of rolex divers at all really (I know what's wrong with me) but the hulk is one that I would love.

Craftsman
    The kermit looks a lot bigger? Or am I just imagining that?

Quote Originally Posted by andybaird22 View Post
    The kermit looks a lot bigger? Or am I just imagining that?
    My first thought too :) optical illusion.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnmowerman78 View Post
    I prefer the Hulk to the Kermit but is that really the standard Rolex magnification from the cyclops these days? The Kermit looks to have much better magnification or is it just the camera angle?

All the best,

Paul
    X 2 magnification looks poor?

Whilst the Hulk may be the 'better' built in terms of bezel and bracelet, side by side the Kermit looks more graceful than the Hulk.

Kermit for me even if the bracelet is 'rattley'

Kermit gets my vote !
    I have the hulk and there is something quite cold and sterile about it - every time I look at the dial, I think it looks like a Brut special edition. No doubt the improvements make it a very comfortable watch but I get a lot more enjoyment from the Kermit.

Quote Originally Posted by Olives View Post
    Kermit gets my vote !
    I have the hulk and there is something quite cold and sterile about it - every time I look at the dial, I think it looks like a Brut special edition. No doubt the improvements make it a very comfortable watch but I get a lot more enjoyment from the Kermit.
    Really? See it's amazing isn't it, I find the hulk to be quite ''warm'. The green dial has some depth in my opinion whereas the black dial of the kermit I would say is more one dimensional.

Oh and I'd say the green aluminium bezel is quite sharp compared to the hulks green bezel which id say is a soft hue of green.

Very similar watches yet so different...
    Last edited by Yeti; 21st December 2015 at 08:39.

I couldn't agree more
    The Kermit is something of a classic
    The Hulk doesn't have the depth I feel and I am still a bit mixed about the bezel colour. Despite what I said - I wore it all weekend. It's just a watch that I can't really make up my mind about. That could be because I wanted one so much .

Craftsman
    That's a great combo. One I m hoping have one day myself

Master
    Both great watches.....when I bought my kermit I was offered a hulk at a similar price.....I didn't go for it and stuck with my original decision......I've worn the watch almost everyday for 4 years.... It still looks great, and I'm even more convinced I made the right choice😎😎

Craftsman
    Fantastic duo. Rolex signature color ...... Congrats !!!!!!

Craftsman
    Love this thread and would love to see some more pics yeti if you get the chance. I love the crisp greens.

Had a Kermit for 7 years - and sadly just never 'bonded' with the green. Alongside the black dial it just never looked quite right. I really think the Sub is a monochrome watch, colours just don't suit its character imho. The new hulk looks lovely when the dial and bezel look almost grey/green in certain lights, but I really dislike the green on both watches I'm afraid

Master
    I like them both, but the older one's the one for me. I do agree that the newer version offers a more rounded watch, but I'm typically one for choosing old over new in any case.