closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming - Ressence Type 3

Incoming - Ressence Type 3

Thought you might like to see my latest addition, a Ressence Type 3 which I've been extremely keen to get my hands on since seeing them at Salon QP last year. I know they're based on a fairly standard calibre, but in my opinion it's not about that as such, it's that the entire package is so brilliant and it's an amazing piece of engineering.

Now unfortunately, I did have a problem as the first one developed a fairly large air bubble on the dial, but I had a really nice email back from Benoit straight away, and the watch was replaced with no fuss at all.

The crownless system takes a bit of getting used to, as winding, plus setting the time, day and date are all carried out by revolving the case back in both directions. The watch will definitely be living on the winder when not being worn, as this isn't something I'd want to be doing very often!

On the wrist though, it's just amazing and I can't stop looking at it. The dials revolve with the time, so the face is constantly changing. I can't describe just how "flat" everything looks, but when you see things moving it really is stunning, I've tried to take a photo but as ever my photography skills are crap, and it's hard to do the watch justice, but have a look at anyway.

Congratulations. A superlative piece of horological (re-)engineering; I really like the gravity-driven clutch system on that, and his use of interesting metals for their anit-magnetic property (muMetal, for example). very clever indeed... The new "oil temp" gauge is pretty cool too.

Looking forward to seeing it in due course!

Firstly congratulations on getting your hands on and buying such an interesting watch. Secondly, I don't think I've ever seen a worse photo on here

I'd love to see some better shots of this on your wrist and to hear about how it wears in real life. Do it some justice and have another go please

Lovely - I tried the mock up of the first version on at Basel some years ago now, and it looked like it would something else - really amazing clarity levels.
    On another note, your post reminds me that I tried on a locally owned George Daniels at the weekend , and it was very nicely finished - better than the more recent Roger Smith watches that I have held/seen (not too sure of the age, and Roger may well have had a hand in making it).
    It's just a matter of time...

Absolutely stunning.

One of the few watches I lust after.

Xxxxing love that.

Sorry for the x's but I think it's clearly the most interesting and desirable new watch there is. At any price.

THAT rekindles my love for watches.

Master
    Congratulations, that is one I've always been looking at but will never be able to justify.

Had not noticed a lack of crown though - certainly sounds fun setting the time!

Master

Incoming - Ressence Type 3

Absolutely unbelievable watch. The Type 1 is lovely too, but I think this is leagues ahead in every respect. The Type 1 you can immediately understand - you can see how it works, joins, etc. The Type 3 however is utterly mesmerising.

Congratulations! Now take some better photos ;)
    Last edited by ddm27; 26th October 2015 at 14:04.

I'll do my best on the photo front. It was really bright this morning so tried (but failed) to get something that demonstrated the flatness of the dial.

Stunning watch.
    Look forward to more pics.

Congratulations, genuine innovation is rare these days..... I love that watch..

Like the previous posters, I really like the concept and the look of these.

Get some good photos up for us all to see (and enjoy the watch )

M

Wow - what a watch!

Let me know if you decide to flip it ;)

Saw these at Salon QP in 2013 and was very impressed.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

ever since seeing one I want one.... going have to work up the ladder to get one though

lets show off a publicity shot to educate the masses:

Quick iPhone wrist shot:

Me wanty. Nice watch
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Lovley watch but prohibitively costly,IMO.

Master
    Looks great, i've no idea how to tell the time on it though !!

Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Looks great, i've no idea how to tell the time on it though !!
    The hour hand is on the sub dial with the Ressence hand at 12. The minute hand is the long hand at 52 minutes. The day indicator is currently at at the 9pm position, and shows that it's Tuesday, then there's the temperature indicator and the second hand. It does take a bit of getting used as the dials are moving throughout the day, but pretty quickly it's very easy to read. The lume is great on it as well.

Craftsman
    Fair play to you, these Ressence watches are very cool and look fantastic. Good to see someone is buying them.

Absolutely fascinated by these and as mentioned above, glad someone has taken a punt on one.

Look forward to hearing more about it in due course!

been on the look out for second hand ones on Chrono24 and they seem to be devaluing nicely....

of course this will change when their poularity increases.... just love the idea and engineering behind the type 3

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    The hour hand is on the sub dial with the Ressence hand at 12. The minute hand is the long hand at 52 minutes. The day indicator is currently at at the 9pm position, and shows that it's Tuesday, then there's the temperature indicator and the second hand. It does take a bit of getting used as the dials are moving throughout the day, but pretty quickly it's very easy to read. The lume is great on it as well.
    What's the Ressence hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What's the Ressence hand?
    The hand is their logo :)

Look on their website (http://ressencewatches.com/), they have a good demo of the watch working which makes it much clearer how it works than a static shot.

It's very clever and looks brilliant, imo.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    ... I know they're based on a fairly standard calibre, but ...

Fairly standard calibre! For Ressence maybe, but this is anything but standard in a world dominated by ETA calibres and their many varients.
    Congratulation on your purchase. There are not many truly different designs out there and this one looks truly stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    The hand is their logo :)

Look on their website (http://ressencewatches.com/), they have a good demo of the watch working which makes it much clearer how it works than a static shot.

It's very clever and looks brilliant, imo.

M
    Thanks, I was thinking of the other subdial which is obviously the temperature indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Fairly standard calibre! For Ressence maybe, but this is anything but standard in a world dominated by ETA calibres and their many varients.
    Congratulation on your purchase. There are not many truly different designs out there and this one looks truly stunning.
    It is a modified ETA calibre.

Wow - what a fascinating watch and amazing use of technology. Glad you have bought something very different that you will really enjoy as well as unlikely to ever meet another one.

Enjoy and I too look forward to hearing more about it in the future.

thanks for the better photo
    I'd just be looking at that all day. enjoy

Good size too at 45 mm and all dial!
    How does it wear)

Craftsman
    Saw one of these on an episode of hodinkee's talking watches with a bubble in the oil. Made my left eye twitch for days. :o)

Journeyman
    I'm so utterly jealous. What an amazing and mezmerizing piece.

If only there were other more inventive watch companies pushing the boundaries To this level (without succumbing to gimmicks).

Craftsman
    What a lovely thing. Please post lots more pictures!

A technological marvel. Love it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Amazing piece.
    I would love to see one in the flesh.

I was lucky enough to see one of these in the flesh at Basel World.

Amazing watch, enjoy!

Master
    Congratulations, you don't see many of those around. Well, any of them really!

Master
    What an amazing looking watch with some very interesting engineering within. I haven't seen the prices, but I'm certain that it's well beyond my means.

Craftsman
    Am I allowed to pee my pants at this? I don't often get excited about complicated watches but this is an exception, it looks utterly amazing.

Just wait 'til you see the Type5 ;)