closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Gents

Genuine question as I have owned pretty much everything (and flipped it on SC).

I have a current watch budget (on the back of some serious flipping) that gives me the following choice;

1 Brand new yellow gold Moser & Cie Endeavour Small seconds. I owned the precursor to this model the Mayu before and its the best watch I've ever had. My concern is as a serial flipper I would lose a ton if i tried to move this on

Or

2. Seiko Marinemaster 300 SBDX012 Ltd edition. Grand Seiko SBGR095 limited Edition. Omega Speedmaster Professional.

Yep 3 watches vs 1 grail. But those 3 watches are likely to be bulletproof in terms of residuals and arguably the SBGR095 is the most perfectly proportioned piece on the market.

So what's the plan chaps?

Lol don't ask me I'm just as bad

I say ill keep.something then see something else

then me head says hmm you could get that if you sold that and that

Its not about logic is it
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

If you're already thinking about flipping the Moser, I'd suggest it will happen. But still, go for the Grail.

If the Moser is your true grail I'm surprised you need to ask the question ... so on that basis I'd go the other three since it seems the Moser might not be all you want and you value the residuals of the other three when whatever you get is inevitably flipped.

Banned
    Moser!!!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Somebody will be along shortly to give you the usual spiel about not worrying about residuals if it's a "grail" etc.

However.
    You flip all the time within weeks so what does it matter?
    You buy the one.. It'll be on SC to fund the 3.. You buy the 3, they'll be on SC to fund the one.

With that pattern in mind it may just be best to pick your winner.

Banned
    Buy all 4. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh B View Post
    Buy all 4. Obviously.
    Makes sense to me.

I should have bought watches that I considered grail years ago - it would have saved me money in the long run.
    It's just a matter of time...

Buy all 4. Obviously.
    This is probably not far off what will happen but alas funds don't permit that happening at the same time.

The Moser I'm after is this one (although I can get it for around 65% of list

http://www.watches-of-switzerland.co...-small-seconds
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ryanb741; 27th May 2015 at 23:19.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I have owned pretty much everything (and flipped it on SC).
    With those credentials i am tempted to say that you should be giving us advice and not the other way around.

The HM&C should have the potential to be a keeper. It's understated but stunning. A connoisseurs watch.
    The other 3 are desirable in their own way but not nearly as exciting in my opinion.

There is only one sensible buy - an MX5
    Gray

The fear is that the SBGR095 will sell out fast, is utterly stunning and perhaps the more I look at it is the one to get?

First world problems and all that I appreciate.

uploadfromtaptalk1432765315799.jpg

OK , I will bite ....... How and where?

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    There is only one sensible buy - an MX5
    Agreed but which colour? The agony of choice

I'd say whichever you're most interested in trying. I can't see any being with you for long (purely based on past experience - I'm not criticising here), so balancing any likely financial hit vs. the joy of temporary ownership and crossing that one off the list. Just my tuppence worth.

Quote Originally Posted by I AM LATE! View Post
    OK , I will bite ....... How and where?
    Sure

Tourbillon will do it, Bangkok AD will do it, Hong Kong, Italy etc. Target price is £7k.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is probably not far off what will happen but alas funds don't permit that happening at the same time.

I can't imagine you loosing a lot at 65% off list come resale time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I can't imagine you loosing a lot at 65% off list come resale time.
    No it's 65% of list price not off list price. So I mean 35% discount not 65% discount. Blimey that would be nice :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ah right. Big difference an F makes!

Sure

Tourbillon will do it, Bangkok AD will do it, Hong Kong, Italy etc. Target price is £7k.

Thanks, but I must confess I read it initially as 65% off, not of, list price ..... Funny how the mind reads what it wants to read, not what the eyes show it

Quote Originally Posted by I AM LATE! View Post
    Thanks, but I must confess I read it initially as 65% off, not of, list price ..... Funny how the mind reads what it wants to read, not what the eyes show it
    At 65% off there would be no question :). Would take 1 in each colour!

Apologies for any confusion.

Master
    The Moser is a thing of beauty that I could only admire and probably never wear, whereas the other three would make a lovely wearable collection.

Heart says 1), head says 2).

I would do 2). I have always had more sense than money ;)

Craftsman
    The Moser is a really special watch. The other three don't come close IMO.

Depends on what else you have. If you already have a collection, then the Moser. If this purchase was going to be the entirety of, or close to, your watches, then the three. Much better to add one special piece to an existing collection than three unremarkable (comparitively) watches that are just going to be more stuff sitting about not getting much wrist time themselves and further taking away wrist time from the stuff you already have. Though I still can't come to terms with the large 12 on the Moser, spoils anotherwise near perfect watch imo.

Echoing what Uriel said, if your choice is one watch, or three, and only those - no G-Shocks, no cheeky Seikos, no Sinns, because it was less than £1000, and that's not really a lot of money, etc, etc, then go for the three, option 2.

If the Moser will sit atop a small collection of other, versatile watches, then get the Moser.

Can i ask (never having owned one) and, really not to troll or cause a row...

is there a risk that the Moser might be a bit of a "fad" phenomena?

Is it really that good?

I struggle to like them when i look in Dubai Mall stores but of course appreciate each to their own etc.

Banned
    If 4 are not an option then I would not go for the Moser because you have already had one and it was not a keeper. I get the flipping thing as have been through loads of watches but have settled on the watch I wanted probably from the very outset: the SD; which I have worn happily for nearly 5 years now. When its right its right is what Im saying.

If 4 are not an option then I would not go for the Moser because you have already had one and it was not a keeper. I get the flipping thing as have been through loads of watches but have settled on the watch I wanted probably from the very outset: the SD; which I have worn happily for nearly 5 years now. When its right its right is what Im saying.
    I was thinking this exact thing last night - I already had one Moser and flipped it (at a hefty loss) but in that case it was because I wanted red gold instead of white gold.

I think I'm definitely going to get the SBDX012 as I really like it. I'm going to think hard about the SBGR095 in so far as whilst I think it's a stunning watch, at £3,200 imported with VAT I feel I will be able to get a better deal later. And actually the Speedy Pro is not something I will get.

I know this seems trite but I genuinely feel bored with what's out there on the market (certainly without spending £15k+ which I'm not in a position to do currently). I have just been wearing my Grand Seiko SBGV011 continuously for the past couple of weeks and am wondering whether that's a sign that I'm settling for that as my 'one watch'.

Time will tell, suspect this is just a phase

Blog Entries
    Grail or no grail it'll get flipped like all the others so option 2 for me.

Master
    If the other 3 are as bulletproof as you imagine, then get them, try them, enjoy them, flip them – eventually you'll be back to wanting to scratch the Moser itch, but you'll have had a fun time on the way.

As I tend to see dress watches like the Moser as a ladies watch/old mans watch, and wouldn't be seen dead wearing it, I'd go for option 2. Other opinions may vary!!

Which Omega Speedmaster Professional are you referring to, the 39.7mm in your other thread or the Snoopy ?

Hi

Actually you reminded me I am down for a Snoopy so that one

I would say Option 2 imho, as two of the watches mentioned are 'limited' editions and 'harder' to find.

The Moser is 'easier' to source as you mentioned three sources previously.

Hi

Actually you reminded me I am down for a Snoopy so that one

As an update I have decided to go for the GS SBGR095 (already ordered) and will get a Sub 114060M as well.

Probably a very sensible approx. is the Seiko the limited edition with the Diashock dial?
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Probably a very sensible approx. is the Seiko the limited edition with the Diashock dial?
    Thanks it is indeed the diashock