timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Victorinox "Inox"

Master
    Blog Entries

New Victorinox "Inox"

Just seen this new version liking the red dial

https://api.watchville.co/v2/posts/16108/click
    “New Victorinox Swiss Army INOX Watches For 2015 With Red, Remade, Naimakka Models” via @watchville

Master
    Wish they did this colour second hand on the black faced version.

I've tried these on in my local John Lewis and they look and feel very good quality for the price - in particular the case is really lovely, great angles and quite unusual. The case back is also very flat making them much more wearable than they look in pictures. In fact they remind me of the original steel cased tag heuer f1 series if the 80's upsized and upgraded. My only issue was how short the bracelet is I was in the last hole with barely enough left to fit under the first keeper. The bracelet on these looks excellent, a simple almost oyster design with a very flat clasp. Might have to treat myself when they're released. IMHO the red is the least appealing of the colours but a bright orange or yellow might add to the 80's tag heuer vibe!

Ooops I meant the strap is short, bracelet is not released yet

Master
    the special editions in that link are excellent. i like the compass style rubber bumper and those para cord bracelets are ace looking.

Hum... would like to pick up one of those steel bracelets for my blue faced Inox (I picked one up when they were £180...)

Master
    Such brilliant watches for the money in my opinion - a concept that actually has something behind all the marketing. I love the look of it on the new bracelet, however having bought a blue one on rubber as a gift for my father in law I know that I just can't carry off the heft of it.

Looks interesting, will def look m up at the local dealer. I'm in the market for a new watch

There's a few posts on WUS showing pics of the inox on a generic SS strap from strapcode - note lugs are 21mm so choices are limited.
    Last edited by kdes24uk; 9th May 2015 at 12:18.

I shall definitely be ordering one of the bracelets for mine when they are available. The INOX is such a great watch and the bracelet suits it perfectly. However, is it just me or does anyone else think that limited edition looks like it's been encased in kebab meat?! I thought it was one of the new durability tests - #127 Exposure to greasy meat of dubious origin for 5 hours ....

Yes the red looks OK, the compass bezel looks better than the black plastic original, the leather strap looks great and the bracelet looks fantastic. On the other hand, the leather protector looks absolutely ridiculous and the paracord strap looks like it was made by a 5 year old for a school project! But on balance, some interesting stuff and at least they've pushed the boundaries in a wacky direction for those that fancy something different!

Journeyman
    I tried it on my wrist at a local store and really liked it. If the second hand didnt miss the markers I probably would have bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by captain_hx View Post
    I tried it on my wrist at a local store and really liked it. If the second hand didnt miss the markers I probably would have bought it.
    Every single one I've seen has been all over the place in regard to hitting (or not hitting!) The markers. I wonder whether the seconds hand has a little bit of 'play' to aid shock resistance? - so they can 'wobble' rather than fall off if it is dropped?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Every single one I've seen has been all over the place in regard to hitting (or not hitting!) The markers. I wonder whether the seconds hand has a little bit of 'play' to aid shock resistance? - so they can 'wobble' rather than fall off if it is dropped?
    If you look at the videos that Victorinox made - the one of the Drop from 10m test does show a shot of the watch impacting on the ground close up (quite how they managed to position the camera in exactly the right place is an interesting question!). The shot shows the watch fall on its side (opposite of crown side), and the video shows that the entire hand set judders with the impact - so there doesn't appear to be any specific play in the second hand.

Interesting -although if the centre pinion is wobbly its a fair bet the seconds hand won't hit the markers. Tbh the hands not hitting doesn't really bother me!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Interesting -although if the centre pinion is wobbly its a fair bet the seconds hand won't hit the markers. Tbh the hands not hitting doesn't really bother me!
    I paid £180 for a decent beater - about the second hands... <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Hum... would like to pick up one of those steel bracelets for my blue faced Inox (I picked one up when they were £180...)
    So I couldn't wait and got a strapcode one...

Wow looks very good!
    How much was the bracelet?

Master
    I do like the look of these and with the red dial has just got better. Also like the rubber on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I do like the look of these and with the red dial has just got better.
    Agreed
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky555 View Post
    Wow looks very good!
    How much was the bracelet?
    £37 off amazon - it's got screwpins so easy to adjust and a decent weight to it.

The black version looks great, IMHO. Red not so much, but it is to honor the brand color.

£37 off amazon - it's got screwpins so easy to adjust and a decent weight to it.
    It looks fantastic on the bracelet (much better than standard strap), so it is £37 well spent.

P.S. If it is not a problem, can you measure the weight of the watch with this bracelet?
    Last edited by Rocky555; 17th May 2015 at 17:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky555 View Post
    It looks fantastic on the bracelet (much better than standard strap), so it is £37 well spent.

P.S. If it is not a problem, can you measure the weight of the watch with this bracelet?
    I took out three links to fit my wrist (I like snug) and it's 178g.

I took out three links to fit my wrist (I like snug) and it's 178g.
    Heavier than expected for a quartz, but at least not over 200g.
    Thanks for the info.

Just got a black Inox yesterday, and I am very impressed with it so far. The quality of the case construction seems excellent, as is the rubber strap. Mine also came with the NATO strap which looks much better in real life.

Do they always come with two straps? I've seen it mentioned in a few posts/reviews, but never on a retailers site?

New Victorinox &quot;Inox&quot;

Quote Originally Posted by solel View Post
    Do they always come with two straps? I've seen it mentioned in a few posts/reviews, but never on a retailers site?
    Don't know about always but mine came with an extra box containing a striped nato and a mini Swiss Army knife with the screwdriver replaced by a spring bar changing blade.

Kev

(Internet pic)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434478419.425602.jpg
    Last edited by kdes24uk; 16th June 2015 at 19:14.

Journeyman
    I've just had a Seiko SKX007 delivered today , I wish I had seen this before.

That would be useful as I'd be looking at swapping out straps (although obviously not essential)
    Thanks.

Mine did not come with two straps.

I think it was an offer a few dealers have done, but was 'while stocks last'. Mine came from the Victorinox store in London.

Master
    btw just got an e-mail from Victorinox telling me about some sort of extension link for their Rubber Inox straps they've just produced, which may or may not interest some people. See:

http://www.victorinoxwatches.com/en/...xtension-link/

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    btw just got an e-mail from Victorinox telling me about some sort of extension link for their Rubber Inox straps they've just produced, which may or may not interest some people. See:

http://www.victorinoxwatches.com/en/...xtension-link/
    That is interesting. I tried on an Inox recently and was very impressed, but the strap was very short - too short actually - with barely enough excess left when on the last hole to fit under the keeper. I imagine they have had a few people moan and this is an elegant solution. I find strap lengths very peculiar - I have large wrists but not conically big, my recent Seiko Sun023 has 4 holes left empty on the 'tail' , same with my frogman - yet my Sinn U1 fits perfectly on the bracelet with just 1 link removed and the micro adjust maxed out. There doesn't seem to be a half way house - everything either barely fits me or has loads of room to spare (although admittedly not enough to ever need cutting off) - surely there is an 'industry standard' for watch straps, maybe larger for the European market, smaller for the Asian market??

Master
    That's actually a really clever and far better looking solution that I had imagined when I clicked on the link. Would have been better to get the length right first time perhaps, but clever all the same.

I'll second RobDad's strap length remark - the ones I find odd are NATOs. They're based on a standard - does the standard not mention length? They vary even within the same brand often.

It looks cool.

ismaaeel