closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first in-house movement- Glashutte content

In a way, yes, I suppose I struggle to see the value in some watches knowing they have an ETA derivative inside. Although I was already on that path before I became a watchmaker.

I think my taste is the same to be honest. The main problem I had was that quite a few of the dress watches are styled a bit too classically for someone my age (26) in my opinion. I wanted something that was more of modern take on the idea. This the ticks that box for me on that count and also has an amazing movement.

Quote Originally Posted by hellominky View Post
    As a watchmaker yourself has your criteria for desirability changed with your training progression? I note you said you went through some of the major brands but didn't find the right watch for you. I was just wondering if your taste has developed in line with your professional learning?

Quote Originally Posted by RaulGonzalez View Post
    In a way, yes, I suppose I struggle to see the value in some watches knowing they have an ETA derivative inside. Although I was already on that path before I became a watchmaker.

I think my taste is the same to be honest. The main problem I had was that quite a few of the dress watches are styled a bit too classically for someone my age (26) in my opinion. I wanted something that was more of modern take on the idea. This the ticks that box for me on that count and also has an amazing movement.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm always interested in the opinions of professionals who have experience and knowledge to guide them. I agree with your sentiment regarding generic ETA movements and its something I'm wrestling with a bit at the moment.

Steve

Apprentice
    Beautiful watch - detail is amazing.

Craftsman
    That is rather beautiful!