closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First ever Seiko...think I get it now.

Journeyman

First ever Seiko...think I get it now.

After seeing numerous pictures of the MM300 I just knew I had to get one to see what all the fuss was about. This is my very first Seiko and after receiving it this morning and with a couple of tiny adjustments, I have to admit that this should have been purchased a long time ago.
    I knew coming back to this forum was going to be a costly mistake but I am very pleased with my first purchase off here and brings my collection up to 4.

Here are a few pictures of my new arrival

Again, please excuse the ipad photos!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

I think that is a good first Seiko purchase.

Beautiful - congratulations!

In my time here I've owned two watches (both Omegas) of the value of the MM300 and both times I wondered whether I should have gone for the Seiko. The next time I can buy a watch of this value I will definitely be trying one of these.

Enjoy.

The MM300 with its GS based 8L35 movement is an amazing watch. I wear mine often.

But you're on a slippery slope now. When the Seiko diver bug bites, that leads to their vintage divers which are diverse, and many have now attained iconic status. So be warned, coming back here could get expensive.

Craftsman
    The MM300 is an amazing piece and an absolute bargain with the excellent movement. I cannot wait to see their newer model of this next month!

Master
    Congratulations a great buy. Seiko continues to offer value and quality, new or vintage.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    The MM300 with its GS based 8L35 movement is an amazing watch. I wear mine often.

But you're on a slippery slope now. When the Seiko diver bug bites, that leads to their vintage divers which are diverse, and many have now attained iconic status. So be warned, coming back here could get expensive.
    I'm currently obsessed with vintage Seiko divers having never before given them a second glance! slippery slope indeed.

Journeyman
    Cheers everyone. Very happy with my purchase and can't believe the quality for the price, I think my aqua terra might spend some time in the drawer for a while.

A quick lume pic I took, it really is an impressive bit of kit

Congrats, it is a nice piece. I have been tempted for a while to snag one but I'd like to try one on and see exactly how it felt on me.

Very nice Seiko, am sure you will be getting many more after this one,

fantastic lume i do like the marinemaster, considering a prospex gmt kinetic myself at the mo

Journeyman
    Very nice. I'm toying with the idea of one of these myself. I think Seiko are one of the best value brands around. One is not (IMHO) paying the 'image premium' some brands seem to attract!

Congrats. I love mine. Like stepping in a time machine to buy a vintage diver. Makes me smile every time.

Master
    Lovely watch and yes I always had the hankering for an MM300 but then I found this place and my watch fund disappeared. Never mind, it's still on the hit list
    I do have my lovely Spork to tide me over though

Cool watch