closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying the same watch .. again

Master

Buying the same watch .. again

I know many people will have done this more times than I have ... and I've seen a few similar threads from a while ago ... but anyway ... after a break from watches I came back and immediately bought two watches I've had before.

Lack of imagination? Possibly .. I did have a moment of buyers remorse when I thought about what I could have bought instead a few weeks after getting them.

(I sold the watches first time as they were the last ones in ... I needed some funds for a house move, and I knew they would be relatively easy to replace)

I'm really pleased with the replacements ... but not as excited as I when I got them the first time ... hence the 'what else could I have bought' thoughts...... so fingers crossed I've got something that will be a bit different coming next week... (only released at SIHH 2014)

Second time:

First time: (no deployant)

Second time:(re-lume, original dial)

First time: (new dial + new hands)

I've been through quite a few watches and sometimes I've sold a watch or traded it for something new and then regretted it later. After six years of this though I'm getting an idea of what I want and where I'm going with the collection and I suspect I'll be buying or trading into watches I've already had examples of. I should never have sold my completely original Mk2 Speedy when it needed a service but now I have a racing dial one. I'm on my third Speedy Pro and in January bought a second MM300. I have my Seamaster Big Blue back again after a few years living with someone else (the harlot). Nothing wrong with realising you've made a mistake and correcting it. Now to find a nice Tudor Snowflake again...

I've done it many times, although only a few times with watches in that price range. It seems much easier to lather, rinse, repeat with under $500 watches.

Blog Entries
    I can sympathise. Bought sold and bought a different omega X-33 MK2 don't plan to sell it now. Bought sold and bought back the same rolex 16660.

Figure I shouldn't sell any more watches!

I have had three 6309-7040, but it's more as a result of my obsession for this watch. I always find a better one, more original than the previous one. I am pretty happy with my current one but it is not perfect so there could easily be a 4th or 5th one at some point!

That Portuguese is a beauty by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by .olli. View Post
    I have had three 6309-7040, but it's more as a result of my obsession for this watch. I always find a better one, more original than the previous one. I am pretty happy with my current one but it is not perfect so there could easily be a 4th or 5th one at some point!

That Portuguese is a beauty by the way!
    Want to buy another MM300 from me again?

To not quote Tony, this one's a keeper.

Journeyman
    I bought this Compressor watch back from the guy I sold it to. I missed it, he didn't wear it that much...

Cool

Where do I start? I've had two or more of (and these are just the ones I can remember):

SKX007
    Speedbird III
    PRS-20
    PRS-10
    CWC G10
    Omega SMP 2264.50
    Smiths Everest
    G-Shock M-5600
    Glycine Combat Sub
    PRS-5
    PRS-6
    PRS-18A
    PRS-18Q
    6309-7040
    6309-7049
    Pulsar Civvy Military
    Hamilton Khaki

I know I need help
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 6th February 2015 at 21:07.

Although I have never parted with a functioning watch, I have bought two of the following, just as a spare:
    PRS-29A
    Seiko SBCA001

Master
    I've bought Tudor Pelagos 3 times. Now I'm planning on selling it for the 3rd time.

Mostly Omega.Lost count now of SMP,PO and AT that I have owned.Just love them to bits

Three Rolex Submariner dates.

And Two Rolex Day dates in Y/G.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    3 gmt2c's, 2 14060m's, the same Polerouter twice, 2 milgauss, and 2 of the same g shock, can't remember the reference.

Idiot.

Omega Speedmaster
    Omega 53 FA
    CWC G10
    Simm EZM 3
    A11
    Ord
    All had twice, all back except Speedmaster

3 x 14060s, 2 x 16570s, 3 x Orange Monsters, on my second G-SHOCK and second DateJust.

Banned
    There is a few watches I have sold over the years I would love to buy back. I'm yet to do it though!

You sold the watches because you needed to and now you've replaced them as you said you would. Simple as that.