closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex prices +7% in Eurozone, no increase in UK.

Master

Rolex prices +7% in Eurozone, no increase in UK.

Sounds like dealer margins in both have been reduced.

Haywood Milton

Master
    Blog Entries
    If the dealer margin is reduced than means there is less likely to be any "deal" from an AD? so it is a price increase in effect in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Sounds like dealer margins in both have been reduced.

Haywood Milton

Master
    There aren't massive amounts of deals anyway, so the dealers are worse off rather than the buyer.

Master
    Does it mean that there will be more AD losing their status?

Master
    UK ADs may be moderately happy if this situation remains, for many have been suffering badly with the grey market in recent months.

Haywood

Master
    Yes, that would sound right, less margin but more volume.

Master
    I've now had it confirmed by a second UK AD, a big "grey" importer and ( this one secondhand ) a Eurozone AD.

Haywood Milton

Master
    Chaps

I would not panic. The price of Rolex in terms of the euro is irrelevant to us, our concern is the exchange rate of the Swiss Franc to the Pound.

The Swiss pulled away from the euro on Jan 13th and the rate was 1.55 Francs to the Pound.

The next day it crashed to 1.27 Francs to the Pound which would send the cost of Rolex up by at least 18%.

However since the crash, the Pound has gained every day and is now trading at 1.38 and is still on an upward swing.

When a currencies pulls out of a locking mechanism, this always happens.

Regards

Mick

Master
    Panic not evident here

Haywood

The only change that I foresee is that the discounts offered by Iconic etc will be lower if not wiped out completely and discounts from European dealers disappearing. At least for the time being depending on the £/€ exchange rate.

Ultimately it may strengthen second hand prices.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The only change that I foresee is that the discounts offered by Iconic etc will be lower if not wiped out completely and discounts from European dealers disappearing. At least for the time being depending on the £/€ exchange rate.

Ultimately it may strengthen second hand prices.
    Dave

If the euro continues its downward trend against the Pound, the grey dealers will able to buy in at lower prices.

At the end of the day it is all about market forces and exchange rates. Both are relevantly healthy from the UK's perspective.

Regards

Mick

Agreed. Hence my comment re the exchange rate.

Craftsman
    Iconic told me about this today when I questioned why they have taised their rolex prices overnight

Blog Entries
    Well, it's happened and it wasn't quite as terrible as it might have been...

Or is there more to come? ;-)

Journeyman
    Been looking at a Sub ND at Iconic too, I guess we are not going to get much of deal out of the grey dealers now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Y View Post
    Been looking at a Sub ND at Iconic too, I guess we are not going to get much of deal out of the grey dealers now
    Some of us still have deliveries due, settled on the basis of earlier prices or at least similar prices to what has been available. I have some big cheques to write in February :-) What stock was "in the system" already has been well picked over in recent weeks. There are some models definitely stockpiled at the old prices. The test for everyone now is establishing the "new order." Where will prices settle for grey market traders? Personally, I could be quite happy if the grey market disappeared, but it won't.

All getting a bit serious this. Out of the blue today came a box and papered 1665 with Mark 1 dial from first owner. Now that's sheer pleasure, not business :-)

H

Craftsman

Long live the grey dealer

I for one would not be happy without "grey dealers"
    I ordered a Deep sea from Iconic the morning after the smallish ostensible price increase. Annoying that I was pressing the button pre increase but happy that the discount is still substantial to AD prices. This is my second purchase from Iconic and without them I would not have sampled the delights of IWC and Rolex. I have managed to extract decent discounts from AD for Omega , Tag etc but before I discovered Iconic had to pay full retail for a Pam and that always rankled.

Apprentice
    damn should have gotten my piece when i had a chance... just gives the UK AD an excuse not to discount anymore

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldude View Post
    damn should have gotten my piece when i had a chance... just gives the UK AD an excuse not to discount anymore
    Ditto

For Rolex, I've not been able to get anything higher than a 0% discount from ADs in the UK. Ever.

All ADs are super confident about their window prices and yet, I always see the same watches in the window.

(this was once upon a time when I was looking to buy Hulk and Milgauss)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    I for one would not be happy without "grey dealers"
    I ordered a Deep sea from Iconic the morning after the smallish ostensible price increase. Annoying that I was pressing the button pre increase but happy that the discount is still substantial to AD prices. This is my second purchase from Iconic and without them I would not have sampled the delights of IWC and Rolex. I have managed to extract decent discounts from AD for Omega , Tag etc but before I discovered Iconic had to pay full retail for a Pam and that always rankled.
    Congratulations on the DSSD! awesome watch you'll soon forget the little extra it cost once its on your wrist!

Craftsman
    Totally agree .
    since bought mine it has not left my wrist .
    amazing watch .
    enjoy
    lee

Craftsman

Rolex Deepsea getting giddy

Cheers guys
    Until I became addicted to this forum I had never had any desire to purchase a Rolex.
    I have in my collection X 2 Omega Planet ocean , Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Chronograph , Pam 90 , Tag Monza and my first purchase through Iconic a IWC Aquatimer Jacques Cousteau.
    Next on my hit list was a Zenith El Primero Stratos Spindrift.
    I have a preference for watches on the plus side of 44 mm and always considered Rolex to be on the small side for my taste. Then I discovered the Deepsea through this website tried one on several times at an AD and was hooked.
    Outstanding build quality and the "depth" of the black dial an face wow!
    Can now totally understand why within this community there is an obsession with Rolex!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

All getting a bit serious this. Out of the blue today came a box and papered 1665 with Mark 1 dial from first owner. Now that's sheer pleasure, not business :-)

H
    Wow! Now that's a good start to the week! Any pics? ;)

Journeyman
    I am not sure whether it is related to the non-price rise in the UK but I did notice that Watchfinder had 100+ extra Rolexes for sale this morning. Possibly they had been stockpiling them?