closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jeans Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    I saw that you can pay around £700 for a pair of Balman jeans, WTF is that about?
    It's about the same thing as paying £10k for a watch that tells the time less accurately than a £30 quartz.

I can't afford the £700 jeans, I just get that there are certain brands that cost more than others in just about everything we buy. Things are worth what someone's prepared to pay.

Some of the really expensive jeans that Kerry buys appeal to me massively; I love the look of the pair he bought yesterday and posted here. But I'm a lover of Nudie jeans and I can afford those and they fit me better than any jeans I've ever owned, including those that have cost more.

Horses for courses dude.

I've got a couple of pairs of Nudies that I've had a while and worn a lot, but I'm wearing Edwins a fair bit these days (47s and a pair of 39s). Also got one pair of Gustins that I like and are getting better with wear.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    they fit me better than any jeans I've ever owned, including those that have cost more.
    And thats the key thing, whilst cost will buy handmade or more exclusive time consuming weaves the fit is paramount. What I really like about Rudys place is that he never asks the budget and will give you jeans from top to bottom as he is only interested in selling what fits. That said if you are really into denim its about the fit and look primarily but the subtle detailing and feel coupled with the interesting stories behind the manufacturing too.

Heres a small insight
    RIAC

I know that unsanforized jeans can shrink by a couple of inches after the first wash and everyone seems to wear them turned up at the start. After the first wash, do people then not need to turn them up as they are now the correct length? Also, is the bit of denim that was previously turned up not a slightly different colour to the rest of the jeans due to lack of exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    And thats the key thing, whilst cost will buy handmade or more exclusive time consuming weaves the fit is paramount. What I really like about Rudys place is that he never asks the budget and will give you jeans from top to bottom as he is only interested in selling what fits. That said if you are really into denim its about the fit and look primarily but the subtle detailing and feel coupled with the interesting stories behind the manufacturing too.

Heres a small insight
    The other thing you can do is once size and style is found, you could then use a proxy have the jeans sent straight from Japan at a fraction of the cost...Some real clothing / denim bargains to be had...Raleigh, Oni, Samurai, Orslow etc...

http://global.rakuten.com/en/search/...enim&tl=551177