closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 42 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,100 of 8238

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    An old Boxster S for me, great value for money as are many of the other older convertibles on here.
    Loving that new M5, more photos please.
    Sorry I dont really have anymore, these couple of phone pics were taken on the drive home from collection and I have never got around to taking some better ones. Also included a shot of my old M5, loved that car apart from the SMG.

With the recent arrival of my fist son I'm finding that the golf just isn't big enough the lack of boot space is the main factor

I was wondering if any members own or have owned any of following ( my current short list) the main factor is a bugaboo camelon 3 pram frame and bassinet have to fit with room for a bag or two )

2007-2010 bmw 530i msport
    Merc. E350 petrol
    Vw touareg 3.0 tdi

Thanks

Jay

Audi A4 Avant 3.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

Banned
    Blog Entries
    They lost it after the E39 IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Sorry I dont really have anymore, these couple of phone pics were taken on the drive home from collection and I have never got around to taking some better ones. Also included a shot of my old M5, loved that car apart from the SMG.

Blog Entries
    Drive a BMW 320 dynamic £40 year road tax :)))

Master
    Blog Entries
    New Merc E Class

Last edited by Lucky7; 1st December 2014 at 22:29.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Very nice

Pics please.......
    Here's the lambo.

Tuscan is in Portugal and don't have any pics of it on this iPad.

Only pic of the merc I have is one I took to email my insurance company when some scrotes nicked all 4 alloys off it!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky7 View Post
    Here's the lambo.

Only pic of the merc I have is one I took to email my insurance company when some scrotes nicked all 4 alloys off it!
    So you bought a C63 but didn't budget for a set of locking wheel nuts?

Found one of the merc (with wheels!!) at my place in London.

As for locking wheel nuts, it has them now!!

Phwoar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky7 View Post
    Here's the lambo.

Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    Superb duo. Would be interested to hear how you compare the S1 and the 4C - the same design philosophies, but from different generationyous..
    In a lot of ways they are similar - lightweight, relatively small engined ‘road racers’. They’re equally impractical (zero ground clearance, boot space or rear visibility) although the Alfa is much more solidly put together and definitely feels more 21st century - the dash and paddle-shift make it feel like driving a computer game when you first get in.

To drive it’s quite hard to compare as I have not had the Alfa on track and don’t have the confidence to really push it yet - on the road it is best described as ‘lively’ the steering tramlines all over the place and the sheer torque of the thing requires a delicate right foot even with traction control on. When I get back in the Exige it feels rattly and clunky but get it warmed up on a good road (or even better, a track) and keep it on-song above about 4000rpm and there is absolutely nothing to touch it. All the clichés about driver feel and go-kart handling are completely true. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    S1 exige my all-time favourite, 177 or 190 ?
    It’s a 190 still with original VHPD engine (rebuilt recently)

Apologies for not replying sooner, not been on the forum for a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by deggles79 View Post
    In a lot of ways they are similar - lightweight, relatively small engined ‘road racers’. They’re equally impractical (zero ground clearance, boot space or rear visibility) although the Alfa is much more solidly put together and definitely feels more 21st century - the dash and paddle-shift make it feel like driving a computer game when you first get in.

To drive it’s quite hard to compare as I have not had the Alfa on track and don’t have the confidence to really push it yet - on the road it is best described as ‘lively’ the steering tramlines all over the place and the sheer torque of the thing requires a delicate right foot even with traction control on. When I get back in the Exige it feels rattly and clunky but get it warmed up on a good road (or even better, a track) and keep it on-song above about 4000rpm and there is absolutely nothing to touch it. All the clichés about driver feel and go-kart handling are completely true. :-)
    Thanks - an interesting read. The Alfa sounds like a blast (and the Lotus too, of course). I sometimes find myself wanting something a bit more raw than my 997, and a 4C sounds as though it would fit the bill perfectly. But, would I then find myself missing the refinement and practicality of the 997? 'Get both' is probably the right answer

Lucky7 - lovely Lambo, I feel poor now!!

I put my winter wheels & tyres on my Subaru today (ok, the lad in the local tyre fitters did for a tenner) - now where is the snow?!

Snow tyres all round on the Saab yesterday as well, like every year
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I've just put my Boss 302 Mustang away for the winter....

Brother moved to Canada last year, first thing he bought was a Mustang , he has one that is the Bullit edition. They sound incredible on start up.
    Last edited by eagletower; 5th December 2014 at 13:40.

Master
    My daily drive is a 1.7cdti astra van, but when I feel like a bit of fun I roll this out of the garage.

Its the limited edition WR1, only 500 were made, all in this colour and all in 2004, to celebrate Petter Solberg winning the world rally championship in 2003.
    This particular car has only covered 27.5K miles in 10 years.
    Last edited by Weirdfish; 5th December 2014 at 13:22.

Master
    DBS at the moment :

Quote Originally Posted by flyerboy View Post
    DBS at the moment :

Kirk280 = jealous

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdfish View Post
    Nice. how much of that was sideways

Z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Nice. how much of that was sideways

Z
    These things grip like shit, if you're getting it sideways the you're really pushing it, or I'm not trying hard enough, lol.
    You can play about with the centre diff on these, basically changes the amount of drive between the front axle and the rear, as far as I'm aware you can get up to just over 60% to the rear.
    It is up for sale, but the more I drive it, ( which is not very often ), the more I want to keep it, it just puts a smile on my face every time I start it and hear that custom made de-cat pipe roar into life, couple that with the flat four engine, well, you know what I mean.

A friend of mine has an Impreza RB320. Another limited edition, this time for Richard Burns. Same colour scheme as my Lamborghini. All Black. I've had a drive in it and it's an absolute hoot!

These things grip like shit, if you're getting it sideways the you're really pushing it, or I'm not trying hard enough, lol.
    You can play about with the centre diff on these, basically changes the amount of drive between the front axle and the rear, as far as I'm aware you can get up to just over 60% to the rear.
    It is up for sale, but the more I drive it, ( which is not very often ), the more I want to keep it, it just puts a smile on my face every time I start it and hear that custom made de-cat pipe roar into life, couple that with the flat four engine, well, you know what I mean.
    I had my Legacy Spec B sideways yesterday just getting out of my side road onto the main road! A combination of greasy surface and a fast exit did it. I'm now on winter tyres which might help. Nice impreza btw.

Just changed the wifes motor to this Forester (trader's crappy pic). It's a bit of a contrast to some of the exotics above but it's got the all important 2.5 xt engine from the imprezza WRX and isn't much heavier which means it's a hoot to drive. It's a real beast and brings a smile to my face everytime I get a chance to take it out for a blast. Fuel consumption is horrific though!

No pictures at the moment but I have a Chevy Tahoe rental for couple of weeks here

Snap!

Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    A quick picture of the latest addition

My daily drive is a 1.7cdti astra van, but when I feel like a bit of fun I roll this out of the garage.

Its the limited edition WR1, only 500 were made, all in this colour and all in 2004, to celebrate Petter Solberg winning the world rally championship in 2003.
    I used to have a wrx in that shape,I was going to upgrade to a wr1 but the insurance at the time was massive so I ended up with an e46 m3 which was half the price to insure,crazy really,I've always fancied one maybe I should see what insurance is like at the minute

Some nice cars, but time to step things up a little. This bad boy is year 2000 vintage, and over the last 14 years it's been in the family has wanted for nothing. The option list was not spared and came fully loaded with wheels, doors, seats - the lot.

We are talking bad ass stuff here - this is front loaded with a 997,000 mm3 of engine capacity!

Onto the cockpit, and a little quiz for those under 25. Can you guess what this is?

There's a dizziying array of dials and gadgets, that takes a bit of getting used to.

Finally onto the boots. Nothing fancy here but the 14" steel wheels minimise friction losses, which means this thing goes like a scolded pussy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I used to have a wrx in that shape,I was going to upgrade to a wr1 but the insurance at the time was massive so I ended up with an e46 m3 which was half the price to insure,crazy really,I've always fancied one maybe I should see what insurance is like at the minute
    Luckily I don't have to worry too much about ins. I'm the wrong, ( or maybe the right ), side of 21, by about 34 years, lol.
    I've owned a good deal of the M range, you get an awful lot of car for not a lot of money these days when buying the e46 model.
    I've more or less talked myself into keeping the WR1 for a bit longer, unless of course someone offers me enough cash, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I put my winter wheels & tyres on my Subaru today (ok, the lad in the local tyre fitters did for a tenner) - now where is the snow?!
    Well we had snow yesterday and I can confirm that Subarus with Michelin Alpin tyres have no problems with snow! Unlike the BMW on summer tyres I was driving last time it snowed...

As an aside, last year we bought a runabout to carry the dog in, 1999 Honda Civic, for £250.00, MOT yesterday £30.00 nothing required at 150,630 miles

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Some nice cars, but time to step things up a little. This bad boy is year 2000 vintage, and over the last 14 years it's been in the family has wanted for nothing. The option list was not spared and came fully loaded with wheels, doors, seats - the lot.

We are talking bad ass stuff here - this is front loaded with a 997,000 mm3 of engine capacity!

Onto the cockpit, and a little quiz for those under 25. Can you guess what this is?

There's a dizziying array of dials and gadgets, that takes a bit of getting used to.

Finally onto the boots. Nothing fancy here but the 14" steel wheels minimise friction losses, which means this thing goes like a scolded pussy.

Yeah, we can all post pictures of supercars found on the net.

Tin of custard next to this sweet ride or I'm calling BS.

Journeyman
    Currently driving my e46 M3 which I love, but this will soon go away for winter as I don't fancy ending up in a ditch (no winter tyres to put on at the moment).

Some lovely cars in here though!

Just added an immaculate very low mileage SLK32 AMG to the 2 seater collection

Master
    Picked up my Ram a few weeks ago now. Love it but it's getting converted to LPG soon!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Just added an immaculate very low mileage SLK32 AMG to the 2 seater collection

Very nice collection!!!

What is the SL55 like for reliability? Or is it a bit of a garage queen?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by snowley View Post
    Very nice collection!!!

What is the SL55 like for reliability? Or is it a bit of a garage queen?

Cheers
    It's an SL65, not a 55.

It's used everyday & no problems at all, definitely not a garage queen

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Yeah, we can all post pictures of supercars found on the net.

Tin of custard next to this sweet ride or I'm calling BS.
    Damn, we're out of custard.

Quote Originally Posted by snowley View Post
    Currently driving my e46 M3 which I love, but this will soon go away for winter as I don't fancy ending up in a ditch (no winter tyres to put on at the moment).

Some lovely cars in here though!
    I loved mine but after having a Subaru before it I was always abit nervous in bad weather

You win :)

Audi TT tdi

Just got this.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Holy crap. Can I be your best mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Just got this.....
    Your rear wing is broken :-P

60 mpg with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Your rear wing is broken :-P
    The wing loves it !

I have just changed one of my boring cars for another, more comfortable boring car...

Craftsman
    Now I own the full set (XD110 wmik not shown as it is in winter sleep mode)

My new addition, M4 