closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: First night fishing session for 30+ years

First night fishing session for 30+ years

Well my return to fishing is going pretty well so far, apart from the expense.

I posted up a picture of the massive Rainbow Trout I caught on my first fly fishing trip already, but carp fishing is more my thing and last Friday night I went with my brother to one of our Angling Society's best lakes.

We had a bit of wind and rain, but it was very mild. I had a manic night, catching 13 carp, the biggest this 23lb 11oz

and this 20lb 2oz was the 2nd biggest

I got hardly any shut eye and the 20 pounder fought really hard and headed for the snags over to the right of my swim, resulting in a 25 minute fight.

My brother only caught 3 in the night, but his swim came alive on Saturday, so the end result was 16 to 14 in my favour, but I had several 14lb + fish so my total haul of 198lb and average weight was well up.

I was out Saturday night with my wife at a party - completely shattered by the time I got to bed and needed a long lie in Sunday, but I am still well chuffed.

Just hope the next session is not too much of an anticlimax!
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Very impressive; I just wish I could find the time to get back into fishing.

Blog Entries
    Impressive stuff mate I used to own a tackle shop some years ago , would get really agree when every one came in the shop asking if I had been lately , when I was open 7 days a week never got time lol

cracking commons buddy great when you catch during the day but differnt ball game playing a heavy one in the dark in the margins

Were abouts did you fish mate

Very nice. I used to do a lot of night fishing 30 years ago but haven't really done anything since the family came along. Keep saying I'd love to get back to it, surprised there are lakes around where you can catch that much these days! Best carp was only 14lb but had a 23lb pike once, that was a monster!

Cheers gents

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblue View Post
    Were abouts did you fish mate
    Broadwater Lake, near Godalming in Surrey
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Nice fish!! It's the only time I get to go fishing now, on holiday when the wife and kids are in bed!! Caught some nice bream and mullet in Spain this year after dark with a couple of San Miguels :)

My ex-neighbour used to do a lot of track days until he started going fishing. He lost his interest in driving and sold his track car* a couple of years later. Let this be a lesson to you. So when's fish and chips night chez Tims?

* it was an F40 too. Madness.

Don't worry Simon.

I can control my hobbies, as I've clearly demonstrated in my time here
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Don't worry Simon.

I can control my hobbies, as I've clearly demonstrated in my time here
    I think the moral to this story is don't buy an F40 track car.