closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolex Milgauss 116400GV Z Blue

Apprentice

Rolex Milgauss 116400GV Z Blue

Hi all,

Does any body know when the new dial Green Glass Milgauss will be hitting the UK?

Quite eager to see the watch in the flesh but haven't seen any in the shops so far, only new model that seems to have surfaced is the Sea-Dweller 4000.

Hi

They had one in Schipol yesterday. TBH I wasn't that impressed with it, seems a muddle of a watch, green glass, blue dial....

...actually said to the guy its like someone found a load of spare yatchmaster dials and decided to put them in a milguass case.

However everyone has different tastes and these are my observations :-)

thanks
    deano

Like the idea of the blue dial, a la yachtmaster, but the green glass seems an odd option.

Master
    Blue looks a bit light, like the DJ2 Romans than the Sticks.

Craftsman
    I m very much looking forward to seeing this watch. Just hope it works as well in real life as it does in the press pictures

Any idea when this should be in european ADs? Im very curious on the reallife blue of the watch

Master
    Blog Entries
    I tried one on recently and I must say, although I'm not a fan of the milgauss range, I found it a nice thing. It simply shouldn't work on paper but it kind of does!

Craftsman
    Overhere available at most AD's in NL, no problem, I like it but it's not your everyday watch, nice for the weekends though...

I asked about this a few weeks back when I was in the Rolex outlet at Harrods, they said July or August.

Pretty vague, I guess?

Does anyone have any 'real life' pictures of this watch yet?

Master

Would love to own one, it's just that......

Imo i think the green glass suits the watch, don't ask me why!
    I really like the milgauss, but the one thing that really bugs me is the second hand.
    Last edited by barryw; 27th June 2014 at 11:38.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Caller View Post
    I asked about this a few weeks back when I was in the Rolex outlet at Harrods, they said July or August.

Pretty vague, I guess?

I'd been told as much by one of the ADs in Manchester, may have to have a hunt around and see if there's another way. Anyone seen if the likes of Blowers, Inconic etc have them? Will have a scout around now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    I really like the milgauss, but the one thing that really bugs me is the second hand.
    Absolutely agree plus they might change it completely all. No I do not like milgauss and will never be attracted to it I think. I have always seen this rolex as one for the young scientist in the University.

Apprentice
    Think I may have tracked one down! Just got to try and arrange to go and take a look, they are saying they have one but have a customer in tomorrow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    I agree....I think it cheapens the watch.

Got to say , I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh, it kind of looks like it shouldn't work but does IMO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    Does anyone have any 'real life' pictures of this watch yet?
    Dust and all ...

- - - Updated - - -

I like it a lot.

Master

Master

Should be one arriving in an AD in Kingston today that I have first dibs on :)

Apprentice
    Managed to see one in Manchester this morning! Not the best of picture but the watch was amazing in the flesh. The green, blue and orange really work well. This one is apparently sold but they'll give me a call when the next one arrives which could only be in the next week.

Thats a lot of blink, but id say that a sideways pic would make it look better

Quote Originally Posted by GMT-Master View Post
    Managed to see one in Manchester this morning! Not the best of picture but the watch was amazing in the flesh. The green, blue and orange really work well. This one is apparently sold but they'll give me a call when the next one arrives which could only be in the next week.

I'd not be happy if I'd bought it and it was being handled by another punter!

Still not sure about this. I prefer my GV based on the pictures, but I will try and take a look in the flesh when one lands in Leeds.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    I'd not be happy if I'd bought it and it was being handled by another punter!

Still not sure about this. I prefer my GV based on the pictures, but I will try and take a look in the flesh when one lands in Leeds.
    How would you know that no one had looked at it or tried it on unless you arranged to pick it up right as the watch came through the door? I've been into a few ADs where you see staff casually trying on watches from the display or just being put out.

This was also the reason why I only got the one picture as I was aware this was someone else's watch and didn't want to try it on.

How would you know that no one had looked at it or tried it on unless you arranged to pick it up right as the watch came through the door? I've been into a few ADs where you see staff casually trying on watches from the display or just being put out.

This was also the reason why I only got the one picture as I was aware this was someone else's watch and didn't want to try it on.
    I suppose that depends on whether it is genuinely 'sold' or 'on hold'. If I'd paid for it and was waiting to pick it up, I'd expect it in the safe and not in some other punter's mitts.

Master

Unhappy

I suppose that depends on whether it is genuinely 'sold' or 'on hold'. If I'd paid for it and was waiting to pick it up, I'd expect it in the safe and not in some other punter's mitts.
    My thoughts exactly, i wouldn't be happy!

Apprentice
    Fair enough I guess everyone has different opinions about this, I'm not particularly fussed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Oh yes, top of the grail list , just need to sell a vital organ or not pay the mortgage for a bit !

Any idea on price ?

Master
    Dial and glass is gorgeous. A white seconds hand against the blue dial would have me ordering one tomorrow.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Dial and glass is gorgeous. A white seconds hand against the blue dial would have me ordering one tomorrow.
    Have to agree, a difficult watch to photograph, but always seems to look better in the wild so to speak.
    The orange hand doesn't do it for me either, but looking forward to seeing one with the blue dial and how it looks with the green crystal.

Cheshire Watches on King St West Manchester have one in the window this lunchtime

Have to say it didn't grab me (and I am a proud owner of the black dialled GV)

No price tag on it

Master
    Blog Entries
    Trying to find somewhere in London to view one of these but getting mixed data on availability, quite strange. From ones coming soon, to sept cot timeframe, all claim not to have had one and some that it hasn't been launched yet. Anyone seen on in London? Cheers

Craftsman
    Any idea on price? I realise its not for everyone but I think its a great looking watch.

Master
    And I was always told "blue and green should never be see"?

Quote Originally Posted by robertb View Post
    Any idea on price? I realise its not for everyone but I think its a great looking watch.
    £5500

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hi Ryan, did you buy one in the end? Think your dealer got one and you took a look? What did you think? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Hi Ryan, did you buy one in the end? Think your dealer got one and you took a look? What did you think? Cheers
    Hasn't come in yet so alas no. Fraser Hart in Kingston have invited me to a Rolex evening they are hosting on the 15th to see all the new Basel world models so if it hasn't arrived by then I will be able to see it. They will have the new GMTIIC 'Pepsi' in as well - that will be cool to handle

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto View Post
    And I was always told "blue and green should never be see"?
    'Red and green should never be seen, except on the garb of a fool*.'

(*A jester.)

Master
    Like the (orange) dial printing very much and the crown.

As for the seconds hand, well, could take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

Had a good look at one the other day. The dial is very nice and like the metallic blue, but it's absolutely horrible with the green glass - I think a standard clear one would have been better. It was sitting next to the old GV and very much preferred that to the new one....

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Hasn't come in yet so alas no. Fraser Hart in Kingston have invited me to a Rolex evening they are hosting on the 15th to see all the new Basel world models so if it hasn't arrived by then I will be able to see it. They will have the new GMTIIC 'Pepsi' in as well - that will be cool to handle
    Thanks Ryan. Just spoke to my local ad and been advised it's on his July allocation so not long. Loving this one. I had a black gv and something didn't sit well with me, thought the glass made it very muted. This blue dial is enough to lift it I think.

Let us know your thoughts on all the '14 releases please.

Cheers

The green glass is sort of lost on me, as I'm colour blind, but I like the blue and orange combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Thanks Ryan. Just spoke to my local ad and been advised it's on his July allocation so not long. Loving this one. I had a black gv and something didn't sit well with me, thought the glass made it very muted. This blue dial is enough to lift it I think.

Let us know your thoughts on all the '14 releases please.

Cheers
    Ok so went to the bash tonight. The models that stood out IMHO were as follows;

GMTc , 'Red and Blue' in white gold (I think). This in the metal is spellbindingly gorgeous, priced accordingly!

Cellini Dual/Time in white gold. Wondrously finished dial, auto movement, £12k though which is bordering on Calatrava money and it's not as nice as the Mosers (but then again nothing, and I mean NOTHING is), but lovely styling

Milgauss Blue/Green. Ignore the photos. Banish them from your thinking. In the metal the blue/green is far more subtle and it is IMHO the nicest Milgauss available as the light play off the dial/glass is mesmerising. The perfect summer watch and inbound to me!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Must say, it is a lovely watch in the flesh. I wish I could have made it tonight. Sounded good :)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Ok so went to the bash tonight. The models that stood out IMHO were as follows;

GMTc , 'Red and Blue' in white gold (I think). This in the metal is spellbindingly gorgeous, priced accordingly!

Cellini Dual/Time in white gold. Wondrously finished dial, auto movement, £12k though which is bordering on Calatrava money and it's not as nice as the Mosers (but then again nothing, and I mean NOTHING is), but lovely styling

Milgauss Blue/Green. Ignore the photos. Banish them from your thinking. In the metal the blue/green is far more subtle and it is IMHO the nicest Milgauss available as the light play off the dial/glass is mesmerising. The perfect summer watch and inbound to me!
    i agree on the dial Ryan, absolutely lovely, but I thought the green glass just seemed a bit OTT...

Blog Entries
    Sorry for bumping an older thread, but thought it was worth a mention.
    I had this on my wrist today , under the AD lights I wasn't convinced but the second I walked outside into natural light , different story . The blue with the green glass takes on a completely different look.
    for me this is a stunning watch and probably the next one I will buy, if I had got a better price here I would have had it today.
    even had the approval of the wife to buy it whilst on holiday .
    as an aside they also had a blur GMT and new sea dweller on display

Craftsman
    saw one today and took an instant dislike to it, blue dial looks cheap on a watch that trades on that heritage. Something to do with the green glass and the dial together just isn't right.

It's the first modern Rolex that has really piqued my interest for some time...to the extent that when one arrived at the local AD this morning, I paid a deposit over the phone and will collect it next week. I think the blue dial is stunning.

Craftsman

Very striking dial. Never seen one in real life before so have to look out for one now. :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    It's the first modern Rolex that has really piqued my interest for some time...to the extent that when one arrived at the local AD this morning, I paid a deposit over the phone and will collect it next week. I think the blue dial is stunning.
    Great to hear these are filtering through now. Will give my ad a call over the next week and see if he has had his in. Thanks for the heads up