closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any love for the Oris Aquis Red Limited Edition?

Any love for the Oris Aquis Red Limited Edition?

Following on from my chunky diver thread I've pretty much got my heart set on a new Oris Aquis, and although the model with the orange markers is top of the pile of standard models, I'm giving serious thought to springing the extra cash on the Red Limited Edition.

Am I getting sucked into a spurious limited edition, or is the individual colour scheme and 9 o'clock crown enough to set it £100 apart from the standard model?

Although it's not necessary a deal breaker, if it makes any difference I'd ideally like a 2014 specific model to mark a new arrival in November!

Master
    Can you afford the £100 comfortably?
    Is it worth the extra in your eyes?
    If you had it instead of the other, would you be happier?

Only you can decide on what added value the Ltd Ed Red version brings to the table, since you're the one that'll be looking at it and wearing it.
    So if it speaks to you more than the standard model and the extra cost isn't an issue, then don't make the mistake of regretting not having went for it.

However, not knocking Oris, but I would sooner have the Perrelet Seacraft for the same £1200 ballpark expenditure.

Looks nice enough and always good to have a LE.

I think the real question is do you get on with watches with crowns on the left hand side.. sometimes (especially with larger watches) they can be quite uncomfortable.

Quick pic from the net...

Master
    I think the Red Limited Edition looks great, and I would be happy to pay the relatively small premium for one.

Quote Originally Posted by mark996 View Post
    I think the Red Limited Edition looks great, and I would be happy to pay the relatively small premium for one.
    Me too if the crown wasn't on the wrong side (for me).

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Can you afford the £100 comfortably?
    Is it worth the extra in your eyes?
    If you had it instead of the other, would you be happier?

Only you can decide on what added value the Ltd Ed Red version brings to the table, since you're the one that'll be looking at it and wearing it.
    So if it speaks to you more than the standard model and the extra cost isn't an issue, then don't make the mistake of regretting not having went for it.

However, not knocking Oris, but I would sooner have the Perrelet Seacraft for the same £1200 ballpark expenditure.
    Good point - I think it's individual enough to be more than just a marketing ploy and I'd have thought that the red white and grey colour scheme could make it more wearable than the orange.

I've seen the Seacraft and although I like it I find the design much more streamlined, which isn't what I'm really after with this one. If/when I'm looking at a Planet Ocean however it may be a different matter...

Quote Originally Posted by carryondentist View Post
    I think the real question is do you get on with watches with crowns on the left hand side.. sometimes (especially with larger watches) they can be quite uncomfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Me too if the crown wasn't on the wrong side (for me).
    Yeah, what's the deal with that?

I can understand some of the many apparent advantages to the 9 o'clock positioning, but I'm not sure it's gone on this LE, which isn't otherwise drastically different from the standard Aquis?

Aesthetically it doesn't trouble me, but I have to admit I have no experience from a practical point of view.

If you wear your watches on your right hand the crown at 9 is a good idea. Otherwise it could be uncomfortable as it may dig into your wrist. Have you tried one on?

Not for an extended period - might have to find one I can borrow or failing that wear one of mine upside down for the day!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I wear watches on my right wrist. They've all had the crown at 3.
    Never created a moment of discomfort. The opposite actually as the crown doesn't dig into the back of my hand when I bend my wrist.
    I really don't think a crown at 9 would be uncomfortable for a left hand wearer.

Master
    No question. The LE looks great, still neat and relatively understated. I'd have one in a heartbeat.

Beautiful watch, I would have no problem paying a little extra knowing that it was going to support a worthy cause.

I did however think that this was in conjunction with Bono's project red AIDS charity, but its not, confusing, I predict some legal problems when some arsehat no win no fee legal vulture gets wind of this.

Nice looker, and that's a pretty minimal premium. I'm a left wrist wearer and the EZM3 I used to have was extremely comfortable to wear. I'd buy and wear that happily.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Banned
    I like the look of it, but I'm not sure about the crown position.

Master
    I'm liking that, seems a good price at The Watch Source.
    Comes with a waterproof torch too!!!

maseman

A great looking watch, and I have enjoyed owning a few Oris.
    However, the crown at 9 is a show stopper for me - I guess anyone who wears a watch on their right wrist will be happy.

Craftsman
    Very decent looking diver. Sure love the red, but a bit too costly

I have to say as much as the idea of the Red edition appeals to me, it's the one with the orange markers that I'm constantly drawn to.

I've also been offered a price match by another jeweller on the one at the watch source, so I might go for that as I'm a bit unclear on the status of their warranties with not being an authorised stockist.

Master
    i like the look of that very much but im not paerticularly drawn to the message it is connected to. it looks very smart though and i actually quite like the 9 oclock crown. i think oris have done this before with either a maldives or costos special edition before (ie, turn the case around)

Can you call yourself a WIS if you wear you watch on your right wrist?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Can you call yourself a WIS if you wear you watch on your right wrist?
    I don't think so, wrong all day long.