closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heads Up-20% off all Rolex at Dipples Norwich

Master

Heads Up-20% off all Rolex at Dipples Norwich

Hi,

Strange first post (will do a proper intro at some point) but wanted to let people know that Dipples in Norwich (Rolex AD) are losing the franchise at the end of the month and thus are selling off their remaining stock.

Everything is 20% off (incl SS sports models) except new SD (although I believe this is in stock at list) and Daytonas. As of this afternoon (21st June) they had a regular GMT, 2xExp 1's. 1 white dial Exp 2, DSSD, 2xwhite dial Milgauss and a range of SS and TT mens and ladies models on display and maybe more in the safe-managed to get a GMT BLNR which wasn't on display anywhere.

Hope this is of some use to people, have been lurking for a long time but looking forward to being a more active participant!

Thanks. I was in Goldsmiths Reading today and nearly bought one if the watches you've listed so thanks for the post. Will call them Monday to see what they have.

Update ... They don't appear to show their stock online
    Last edited by christech81; 21st June 2014 at 17:39.

Master
    Thanks and it is a shame another independent AD loosing its franchise.
    We know where it is going!

Master
    Those were exactly my words when I noticed. There is another AD literally around the corner (also independent interestingly) and I guess they only wanted one in a smallish city.

No, they don't do online orders AFAIK. I don't think they are open on a Sunday either in case people were wondering

Craftsman
    Thats a fantastic heads up for anyone wanting to buy a new Rolie.

May have to give them a ring on monday morning too, I really fancy an EXP 2, and with 20% off it's to much of a good offer to turn down.

Rob

Master
    I thought that Rolex buy the stock back, to avoid discounting such as this, if an AD lost the franchise. Even EJ, who lost their's a year ago, still have some models in the window all at RRP and they would not budge on price when I enquired about a SS DJII.

I've bought x2 Rolex's from Dipples & have no fear they're a proper old fashioned bricks & mortar jewellers
    regards
    TT

Grand Master
    Deepsea for £6400 & Sub for £4400....Whats not to like!
    RIAC

Group buy.!

Lets clear them out.
    deano

If you want 20% off Rolex just hop on the boat (about £40 bit more for a flight) to Guernsey, easily done in a day trip or half day. Always happy to help out.

James

If they are any 39mm Explorers please let me know James

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    Hi,

Strange first post (will do a proper intro at some point) but wanted to let people know that Dipples in Norwich (Rolex AD) are losing the franchise at the end of the month and thus are selling off their remaining stock.

Everything is 20% off (incl SS sports models) except new SD (although I believe this is in stock at list) and Daytonas. As of this afternoon (21st June) they had a regular GMT, 2xExp 1's. 1 white dial Exp 2, DSSD, 2xwhite dial Milgauss and a range of SS and TT mens and ladies models on display and maybe more in the safe-managed to get a GMT BLNR which wasn't on display anywhere.

Hope this is of some use to people, have been lurking for a long time but looking forward to being a more active participant!
    Thanks for this,is there any one contact we should ask for when contacting them

Cheers tony

Craftsman
    I can see that Dipples is going to have a fair few phone calls in the morning.

Wouldn't be surprised if they sell out by close of play.

Rob.

Blog Entries
    Welcome buddy.

I am in the city this week so will take a look as to what can be hoovered up.

There are a good few on here from your neck of the woods and keep your eyes peeled for the next GTG. Had a mini one this week with one of TZ'ds finest and another who is new acquaintance to me and yet another TZ gent.

Enjoy

Paul

Got my GMT from them a few years back, shame to hear this news. Great to deal with.

You guys were saying something like this can be expected.. is it some new rolex strategy to lower the number of ADs or sth?

I'm actually in NCH tomorz if anyone needs a Rolex "mule"

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    If they are any 39mm Explorers please let me know James
    Hi,

They do. I put a deposit on it and they held it for a week for me.

When I went to pay I ended up walking out with the Explorer II which I haven't even taken out of the box yet

If I can help in any way just drop me a pm. I like their coffee

James

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony E View Post
    Thanks for this,is there any one contact we should ask for when contacting them

Cheers tony
    Hi,

No, no special contact in particular, have dealt with 2 different people there when purchasing things, they might have someone who particularly deals with the Rolex side of things but I am not sure who!

Just to add, not sure on Sub availabliity, I didn't ask in particular, they didn't have any on display anywhere but as I say, it seemed like there were several other models in the safe. I know there weren't black or green Milgauss as I did ask about those.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Welcome buddy.

I am in the city this week so will take a look as to what can be hoovered up.

There are a good few on here from your neck of the woods and keep your eyes peeled for the next GTG. Had a mini one this week with one of TZ'ds finest and another who is new acquaintance to me and yet another TZ gent.

Enjoy

Paul
    Thanks, will do! Ironically I am relocating in the next month or so, was glad that this came up before then!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne_james View Post
    If you want 20% off Rolex just hop on the boat (about £40 bit more for a flight) to Guernsey, easily done in a day trip or half day. Always happy to help out.

James
    Might just try this when I buy a new SD

James
    Assume you mean not paying VAT? If so, this is not exactly legal.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Nor is it 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard. View Post
    Nor is it 20%.
    16.6666666% (recurring)

Do you know which daytona models they have ?

EDIT: Just called, they have none.
    Last edited by -Ally-; 23rd June 2014 at 13:25.

I've just spoken to Dipples-

they have an Explorer1 39mm still left at £3440 down from £4300 and a Yachtmaster for £6.5k down from £8.2k-
    definitely good buys considering the stingy discounts offered from the average AD.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post

they have an Explorer1 39mm still left at £3440 down from £4300 and a Yachtmaster for £6.5k down from £8.2k-
    definitely good buys considering the stingy discounts offered from the average AD.
    Not keen on Yachtmaster but surprised Explorer 1 still there at that price!!!

Master
    Very keen price on the explorer. Must resist. Any datejust?

When I left there at 9:25 this morning the only professional models left were two YM (one mid-size) and an Explorer II (white dial). I bought the last 39mm Explorer. There are a few Datejusts.

Master
    Blog Entries
    When I left there at 9:25 this morning the only professional models left were two YM (one mid-size) and an Explorer II (white dial). I bought the last 39mm Explorer. There are a few Datejusts.
    Hi Richard

Let us know your thoughts on the Explorer in due course (one on my radar so always interested to hear opinions on it)

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Hi Richard

Let us know your thoughts on the Explorer in due course (one on my radar so always interested to hear opinions on it)
    This one's not for me, although I do own one. It's a lovely thing but a bit dear compared to a Datejust which is, arguably, better.

Well- that's slightly odd if you bought the last 39mm Explorer this morning because when I spoke to them on the phone at 2pm they said they had a 39mm Explorer1 in stock-
    I specifically asked him to look at it to see if it was stickered up- he articulated that it was indeed stickered up because he was
    looking at it in the window.

Well- that's slightly odd if you bought the last 39mm Explorer this morning because when I spoke to them on the phone at 2pm they said they had a 39mm Explorer1 in stock-
    I specifically asked him to look at it to see if it was stickered up- he articulated that it was indeed stickered up because he was
    looking at it in the window.
    Very strange. I double-checked with the MD a short while ago. We concluded that the person you spoke to may have confused the Explorer with the Explorer II (white dial), which I passed on. If they do have another 39mm I would certainly buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Nor is it 20%.

FACT - Rolex are 20% less in Guernsey than mainland England, that's all I'm saying.

Cheers

James

FACT - Rolex are 20% less in Guernsey than mainland England, that's all I'm saying.

Cheers

James
    all models? like the new sd?

Cheers

James

Any Daytona's over there with that discount, I guess not ?

Quote Originally Posted by tmoris View Post
    all models? like the new sd?
    Yes any model.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Any Daytona's over there with that discount, I guess not ?
    Its Mappin and Webb an being the only Rolex dealer here they wont budge on any Rolex.

Very strange. I double-checked with the MD a short while ago. We concluded that the person you spoke to may have confused the Explorer with the Explorer II (white dial), which I passed on. If they do have another 39mm I would certainly buy it.
    Richard. Are you trying to be Mike Wood?

Question

Missed this.....anything left now??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Missed this.....anything left now??
    Wandered past yesterday again, only sports models seemed to be a white dial Milgauss, white dial Exp II and a gents and mid size steel Yachtmaster. They did have some TT and SS DJ models, 2 steel Air Kings, a YG DJ/Day Date (can't remember which) and a few other things though

Thank you for the original post mmgg1988, I didn't phone Dipples until today (long story) but when I did found out that they still had an Explorer 1 214270 39mm which is exactly the watch I'd been looking for, stuck a deposit down and drove to Norwich to collect it.

The trip nearly ended in disaster as Norwich was jam packed today as they had a carnival and street activities, it took a while to fight through the traffic in an unfamiliar area.

As an aside, it's a shame Rolex marketing is draconian, Dipples would love to continue to sell Rolex, a brand that apparently they have been selling for 85 years. Whilst in the city I did walk the 20 yards or so to the remaining Rolex dealer, I don't think it would be unreasonable to have two dealerships even if they are in close proximity to each other.
    Last edited by christech81; 6th July 2014 at 00:18.

I specifically asked him to look at it to see if it was stickered up- he articulated that it was indeed stickered up because he was looking at it in the window.
    They did have a 214270 39mm Explorer 1 left and I bought it today, couldn't be happier, I love it. They also had a couple of 3,6,9 Air Kings so I was in my element :)
    Last edited by christech81; 6th July 2014 at 00:24.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lets see some pics of these Exp 1s - its on my want list :)

Master
    Well done. I was surprised that it is still there. The Milgauss is long gone and all they have in the professional line is a YM.

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Lets see some pics of these Exp 1s - its on my want list :)
    Will do when I get home but I'm nowhere near the calibre of some of the great photographers that can be found on here.

Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    Well done. I was surprised that it is still there. The Milgauss is long gone and all they have in the professional line is a YM.
    Sorry to hear that the the Milguass had gone Tim, according to the salesman the professional models practically went the Monday after this post, I was pleasantly surprised the Explorer was there as I wanted a 3,6,9 dial Rolex. Explorer was my first choice but they do have some nice 3,6,9 Air Kings left.

Tim I love the Omega Speedmaster co-axial you got and want to thank you for the nice write up, the post was well described, factual and eloquently put.

New Purchase - In Pictures

Always wanted a 36mm Explorer but the prices of 1016, 14270 and 114270 are holding firm, for me, this is the next best thing, the current Explorer.

NB: it does wear big!

Apologies, I've worn it all weekend with the stickers still on ...

Side by side with a 16570

Blog Entries
    I had that on my wrist on Thursday and came so close to purchasing. I was going to pop in again tomorrow so I think you have done me one hell of a favour.

Enjoy, it is a lovely piece.

Paul

Master
    I like that a lot. I am glad it went to a good home, as I have been thinking about it too.

BTW if anyone is near Dipples next few days can they drop me a PM? I am thinking about a piece for the other half and would like a scout of it if possible. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    I like that a lot. I am glad it went to a good home, as I have been thinking about it too.

BTW if anyone is near Dipples next few days can they drop me a PM? I am thinking about a piece for the other half and would like a scout of it if possible. Thanks.
    I could well be in the city depending on how the morning goes.

Paul