closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your dogs

My first attempt at photo so hope no ban !. This should be PIP my soulmate border, One word from me and she does just as she wants,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post

and here she is with one of her daughters, Sasha, who we lost last but 1 christmas eve.

We now have 2 more Rosie and Fred, when I get a couple of minutes I'll get a piccy of them as well,, yep they are Bull Terriers as well.

Stuart
    What a lovely pic Stuart, I'm a big BT fan.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fishman307 View Post
    My first attempt at photo so hope no ban !. This should be PIP my soulmate border, One word from me and she does just as she wants,
    Awh.... Super cute!!! (Reminds me of my first dog!)

I have 2 dogs with similar temperaments !!!

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    What a lovely pic Stuart, I'm a big BT fan.
    Yeah cheers Neil, they were very good together. Sasha was born deaf, so we kept her. She had a good life here,

I'll post a couple of pics of our current demons when I get a good image,

in the meantime, heres Eva

She was a stunner for those that follow Bull Terriers, but had a very nervous disposition which held her show career back. Agai, sadly no longer with us and missed sorely.

Stuart
    Last edited by cinnabull; 8th January 2014 at 15:54.

Some beautiful looking dogs in this thread, all of whom look well loved. This past year we got a Wheaten Terrier puppy and I'm smitten. I've never had a dog before myself due to animal allergies. Since raising kids though who have desperately wanted a dog I finally relented and we settled on an "allergy friendly" breed. Teddy is an absolute joy and a treasured member of the family. Never before have I understood how people get so attached to their pets but I get it now.

Rick

We lost our little lancashire heeler in March last year after 16 years. We miss her everyday but the time had come to fill the void. We rescued these two fella's from the dogs trust in October. They are beagle / spaniel crosses and are keeping us on our toes... don't let the picture fool you!

Last edited by Top Cat; 10th January 2014 at 14:17.

Just thought I'd put a few pics of Toby, the Springer spaniel!

After a trim up!

and after getting a new runabout van (transit connect) and working out that the passenger seat folds flat to make a table... put a dog bed on top and look who can ride shotgun!!

Lightbulb

@ Robins

Hope you have a harness for your lovely Springer.....totally essential if he's going in the van with you. Also need to make sure the passenger air bag is turned off if he's on the seat.

Master
    Lovely springer; my brother has one too. Never without a ball in his mouth either!

Yeah cheers Neil, they were very good together. Sasha was born deaf, so we kept her. She had a good life here,

I'll post a couple of pics of our current demons when I get a good image,

in the meantime, heres Eva

She was a stunner for those that follow Bull Terriers, but had a very nervous disposition which held her show career back. Agai, sadly no longer with us and missed sorely.

Stuart
    Nice one Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Guz View Post
    My new addition, Miniature Bull Terrier 3 months old in pictures taken last month ! He does have a tail, its just going 100mph in 2nd picture !

I'm in love
    How do you find the miniatures?
    My BT died 6 yr ago and am thinking of another dog
    A miniature might be easier for the mrs to look after when I'm away
    Any health issues

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    @ Robins

Hope you have a harness for your lovely Springer.....totally essential if he's going in the van with you. Also need to make sure the passenger air bag is turned off if he's on the seat.
    Yep mate, I'd just got in but he has a harness that is fastened behind him onto the mesh bulkhead. There's no passenger airbag either so he's all good! He bloody loves a ride out in the van though, haha!

This is Coco, 5 week old Morkie

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Robins View Post
    Yep mate, I'd just got in but he has a harness that is fastened behind him onto the mesh bulkhead. There's no passenger airbag either so he's all good! He bloody loves a ride out in the van though, haha!

Good, glad to hear it mate!

Keep my own dog in a travel cage in the boot.....spares me from his farts too (well, I have to open the sunroof to help that too!!!)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Bette. She's 5. Crossbreed bichon/papillon.

Our 3 month old Italian Spinone hiding in the tumble drier

Master
    Wesson with one of his many admirers.

My Border, Poppy.

Craftsman
    I thought I would post a couple of new pics of our Ginger Ninja, Alfie. Now 18 months old. One is of him waiting patiently for a treat, the other returning from yet another unsuccessful squirrel hunt in the woods!

Harvey was my best mate. Ever. Again sadly no longer with us, he was Sashas litter brother and they were total soul mates.
    Great pic, i always liked English Bull Terriers.

Quote Originally Posted by P9MES View Post
    My Border, Poppy.

Last edited by studly; 19th January 2014 at 06:25.

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    Here is my fab little mate Sprout

Foxy & Jack say Hi there Sprout - woof

Here's my two long haired Dachshunds - Foxy (cream) and Jack

Go to say there's some super dogs and super photographs of them

As there are some snow shots here's some of Foxy and Jack

This one of my son holding Jack - he was so snowbound he couldn't move in the snow lol

Craftsman

Max

Craftsman
    I recently started a thread asking for comments on whether we should get a second dog.

The upshot - there is a new puppy on order and whilst its not actually ours yet and only one of the dogs in the pic will be ours I thought I`d show you some Vizsla puppies at 2 days old with their exhausted mum!

Ours will be a girl with the favourite name so far being Amber. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Auburn? but I think that Amber is probably better. Funnily we had a discussion as to what a good name for a dog is earlier. I think it's better with two syllables as that sounds better when calling it and the syllable thing is a bit like breasts - one is not enough and three would be too many.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

we have a border terrier called pip, Very easy to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by studly View Post

Brilliant thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    ... the syllable thing is a bit like breasts - one is not enough and three would be too many.
    LOL!

My Springers up in the Brecons last week...

Heaven, I'm in Heaven... by Rabc3, on Flickr

Atop Cribyn... by Rabc3, on Flickr

Rob

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neil62 View Post
    Rocking a 70's fro... Super cool pooch!!!

Sean. I was lucky enough to be able to choose my pick from the litter.Make sure you get in first and pick your little girl.I had to choose from this litter of 9

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=itsgotournameonit;3048921]Sean. I was lucky enough to be able to choose my pick from the litter.Make sure you get in first and pick your little girl.I had to choose from this litter of 9

I don`t know if we will get the choice. This is the same breeder as we used last time and their policy is first names down gets first choice. Boys are collected on a Saturday / Girls on a Sunday !!
    As we only put our names down last Friday I guess we will have last "choice" unless the breeder does us a favour. This litter was 12 one was still born and one died the first night all the rest are doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    As we only put our names down last Friday I guess we will have last "choice" unless the breeder does us a favour. This litter was 12 one was still born and one died the first night all the rest are doing fine.
    If you take the last of a litter (or even one of the last) you have to REALLY trust the breeder, that is trust he will decide not to sell a puppy if he thinks he will not be suitable (character-wise).

Sometimes it is better to wait a little and get to choose (with the breeder) according to your experience and your circumstances.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    If you take the last of a litter (or even one of the last) you have to REALLY trust the breeder, that is trust he will decide not to sell a puppy if he thinks he will not be suitable (character-wise).

Sometimes it is better to wait a little and get to choose (with the breeder) according to your experience and your circumstances.

This exactly.TBH sounds like a weird way of deciding how the litter will be separated.Big decision for you and a big outlay I would imagine.German SHP are a minimum £750 at the moment. Just make sure that the one you get is the one you want. OH and pics please !

Craftsman
    Thanks for your comments and concerns on choosing the new puppy.

Fortunately we do trust the breeder so I am "fairly" relaxed. The mum is the sister of Alfie`s mum and the dad is a Hungarian Junior Champion from another well respected Vizsla breeder. They are only 30 minutes from where we live and we have an open invitation to pop in "anytime", which we will no doubt do.

I am sure if the breeder was concerned he wouldn`t let us have a puppy, but he may have a fight on with my wife. I`m not sure who would win!

Last time we were sent pics every week - so yes pics will be posted on a regular basis!!

not my dogs this time but for all you dog lovers out there I have just commissioned some of these, Great idea for keeping memories of your dogs his prices are really really good as well.

http://www.capturedinpencil.co.uk/

one warning though current waiting time is around three months but you don't pay until the work is done and your happy, Purchases over £100 though do require a refundable deposit if not happy.

examples here

His name is Andrew James Holmes and if you could please mention TZ to him then he knows where the interest has come from but I get nothing out of it just think he is a really great artist.
    Last edited by sonyman; 23rd February 2014 at 22:18.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Away in France atm, and missing my boy

Quote Originally Posted by sonyman View Post
    not my dogs this time but for all you dog lovers out there I have just commissioned some of these, Great idea for keeping memories of your dogs his prices are really really good as well.

http://www.capturedinpencil.co.uk/

one warning though current waiting time is around three months but you don't pay until the work is done and your happy, Purchases over £100 though do require a refundable deposit if not happy.

examples here

His name is Andrew James Holmes and if you could please mention TZ to him then he knows where the interest has come from but I get nothing out of it just think he is a really great artist.

Thats a really good link and something that I am going to seriously consider.

Thanks !

Edit. Have submitted my details to get the ball rolling as it were.
    Last edited by itsgotournameonit; 23rd February 2014 at 23:19.

Craftsman
    New pic of the incoming Ginger Ninja - Just.a week old. Everything going very well apparently

Quote Originally Posted by itsgotournameonit View Post
    Thats a really good link and something that I am going to seriously consider.

Thanks !

Edit. Have submitted my details to get the ball rolling as it were.
    Its a great thing to keep forever and is so much better than photos cause its more personal he can combine two dogs and all sorts of stuff

Craftsman
    Another pic of "Amber" - now 2 weeks old. Two more names are officially in the mix now - Rosie and Sophie

Apparently the pups are growing rapidly, have just opened their eyes and had their first worming.

Apologies for the poor pic - not my fault this time!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    Another pic of "Amber" - now 2 weeks old. Two more names are officially in the mix now - Rosie and Sophie

Apparently the pups are growing rapidly, have just opened their eyes and had their first worming.

Apologies for the poor pic - not my fault this time!

OMFG Vizsla puppy action :)

What's her pedigree/line? is it hunty, hungarian magyar?

(Amber has my vote for a name out of those 3 at the moment).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomw2000 View Post
    OMFG Vizsla puppy action :)

What's her pedigree/line? is it hunty, hungarian magyar?

(Amber has my vote for a name out of those 3 at the moment).
    "Amber" pedigree is fairly impressive, although this is trumped to a certain extent by us getting to know the breeder.

The sire is a Hungarian Junior Champion and the mum is our current Ninja`s Auntie !!

The dogs are bred as working dogs but Alfie has proven to be almost the perfect pet, although you can tell the HPR instincts are very close to the surface

Craftsman
    "Amber" now 3 weeks old -becoming "mobile" apparently!

Any more close ups?
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Craftsman
    Here's Bracken who loves watching Countryfile.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Any more close ups?
    I`m afraid no close ups this week - We are in the hands of the breeder who has his hands full at the moment. I don`t suppose its going to get easier for him now that they are mobile !

We are hoping to see them ourselves in the next week or so and I`ll take my camera - however, those who have seen my watch pics won`t be holding their breath

Here's my Lucy :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images