closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: An independent to service my watch; West London, Bucks, Berks area

An independent to service my watch; West London, Bucks, Berks area

I have a Glycine Combat Sub I wear every day and love; it has sadly started to lose a bit of time. Over a fortnight it loses something like 3-4 minutes.

It's now 4 years old so would probably benefit a service and some tweaking. Glycine's UK agent offered me an estimate of £250+VAT +any parts required + polishing. That's probably pushing half the price of a new replacement and certainly a significant wedge of its value now.

Can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy individual/company I could send it to for some love? I'm in and around the Denham/Iver/Uxbridge area and don't mind a short drive (or couriering it to someone if a recommendation further afield came up).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post
    I have a Glycine Combat Sub I wear every day and love; it has sadly started to lose a bit of time. Over a fortnight it loses something like 3-4 minutes.

It's now 4 years old so would probably benefit a service and some tweaking. Glycine's UK agent offered me an estimate of £250+VAT +any parts required + polishing. That's probably pushing half the price of a new replacement and certainly a significant wedge of its value now.

Can anyone recommend a good, trustworthy individual/company I could send it to for some love? I'm in and around the Denham/Iver/Uxbridge area and don't mind a short drive (or couriering it to someone if a recommendation further afield came up).
    Perhaps not within driving distance - hour and a half maybe? - but Christian @ http://watchguy.co.uk/ could handle that... looks like the Glycine 224 movement is an ETA 2824 in disguise!

Christian gets most of my watches these days ;)

Look here:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-and-recommend

Use him myself...

Best,

James.

Thank you for the pointers; their pricing models seem far more palatable :)

I've used R V Ralph in Windsor St, Uxbridge several times for repairs, servicing and their work and have found them to be fine.

Prices are sensible and they are happy to talk through what you want and what they have done when you pick it up.

That's a 10 minute walk from my house; been past a thousand times but never actually been in.

I'll swing past and ask, thank you :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post
    I'm in and around the Denham/Iver/Uxbridge area and don't mind a short drive (or couriering it to someone if a recommendation further afield came up).
    If you fancy taking a trip on the Tube to Piccadilly Circus tube station then Sean McNeill of Watches To Go (to be found in a cubicle in Piccadilly Circus tube station itself) does good work at reasonable rates.

https://sites.google.com/site/watchestogogbbo00/