closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Belstaff Roadmaster... any opinions?

Master

Belstaff Roadmaster... any opinions?

I'm considering a Belstaff Roadmaster. I've got an H-Racer and love it, but I wondered how warm a Roadmaster would be? Also, are they worth the money or am I getting suckered in... saying that, I really can't fault the quality of my current Belstaff.

Craftsman
    I find waxed cotton a bit cold, on or off the bike.

Well made stuff but buy it because you like it. There's warmer gear out there and better gear if you're on two wheels.

Journeyman
    I've got one from about four or five seasons back, it's actually pretty lightweight so use it with a quilted Belstaff liner in the winter and on its own in the spring / summer.

Lovely jacket & great quality but not a warm winter coat, not sure they're worth the rrp they go for nowadays either but if you can pick one up in the sales they're worth a punt.

Craftsman
    Got one without the quilted liner. Definitely not for winter especially if on the bike.
    But as mentioned lovely coat with good build quality.

I think you will find it much cooler than the H Racer which is sort of rubberised cloth as these (well mine) is a layer of cottom lining & a wax cotton outer. The only caveat is mine is quite old and Belstaff have been through a lot of changes - they used to do summer & winter versions of their jackets so depending upon era purchased you could have quite a difference between similar styles.

I would say the H Racer is in my opinion a far more verstaile style as I find the long old fashioned motorcycle style quite a style statement whereas the H Racer is much easier to wear anywhere (despite its nod to moto styling). Depending what you are looking for it might be worth hunting for a "Brad" which is shorter cut and I think a bit easier to wear.

Belstaff have a sale on at the moment - haven't looked so not sure what is in it but worth looking at their website as a starting point.

Craftsman
    Roadmaster looks good in Racing Red though.

Always had a soft spot for the Trialmaster but I get stuff muddy and, despite their off-road heritage, waxed cotton never cleans up that well.

got a roadmaster about a yr ago and only usually wear it during sept thru to nov

cos its bloody freezing here , nice jacket though
    its thin so get one you can fit a jumper on underneath if you are gonna try using it in winter

had a barbour international 50th anniversary wax its about on par with that
    gave that to my brother

Belstaff Roadmaster... any opinions?

I had an older Roadmaster which I sold, and this funded my new one. My older Roadmaster while very nice was a bit more 'agricultural' in its style, the wax finish smelled a little in warmer weather, and it wasn't as well fitted.

The new one is just superb, more fashionable and slimmer fitting and the quality is fantastic. The new owners have moved this jacket up a notch, albeit without any heritage left.

I love mine, and if you can pick one up on the sales go for it. It'll not keep you that warm though, and that's why I bought the liner as well (or with a very thick jumper). With the liner I can use it in the coldest days.

I have recently bought a Panther, and have to say as nice as the Panther is, I prefer the 'cut' of the Roadmaster.

The liner bumps up the price even more, so hopefully the Jan sales may help. I got both my jacket and liner for around £400, after buying in the sales around a year ago.

Try one on though as YMMV.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 27th December 2013 at 16:28.

Ive got one in antique beige waxed cotton, it is a weird fabric, almost see through and feels like plastic, but it look great.

it is very much a spring to autumn coat, it is pretty water proof though but not particularly warm.

Banned
    Great coat I love mine, but then again I don't feel the cold, I did wear a nice roll neck under it once but I looked like I was fashion shoot I bought mine from the Manchester shop and I think they sell a body warmer for these.

Blog Entries
    If it's warmth you are looking for in a Belstaff try a TT from the motorcycle range. Thick 10oz and liner included.

Paul

Master
    I spent a while trying on various belstaffs today and was amazed how the sizes range. A 44 fit me in one jacket, but another was a 48 and it fit the same!

Anyway...

Haybrook... Very nearly bought this but the size they had was slightly too large
    Ramsdale... Stunning but even half price in the sale, it was still crazy money for a jacket
    Roadmaster... Liked it an awful lot, until I tried the...
    Redford... Now THIS is what I call a jacket.

I very nearly bought it right there and then, but managed to find one slightly cheaper so I went for this. Should be with me soon I hope :-)

I love my Roadmaster it is the perfect jacket and you can dress it up or down