closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival: Heuer Super Professional

Craftsman

New arrival: Heuer Super Professional

Finally I found myself another diver!
    Lately most new arrivals were all Heuer chrono's, but being a dive watch nut I couldn't pass up on this opportunity: the Heuer 840.006, Super Porfessional.
    Rated to 1000m with a monocoque case, the Super Professional name on the dial makes perfect sense!

I've had 2 of the TAG versions before and couldn't live with them, crown was the big issue: big and sharp cutting in the back of my wrist.
    Strapped this one on and feels right from the start. Put the bracelet a bit tighter than I usually do and suddenly it feels a lot better. Doh!

I know these were still made in the TAG era and there are some hybrids (TAG dials in Heuer case). This one is all Heuer dial and case, except for the crown which is a TAG.
    The original owner was a diver, so it has been used what it was designed to do in it's first life (but kept in great shape as you can see). But from now on it'll be only desk diving for this beauty :-)

And finally, here's a picture:

Nice watch, always liked these.

Can't see a problem with the crown on Tag branded watch though - surely it was the same?

That was one of my first 'high end' watches over 20 years ago, still looks good today.

Very cool watch!

Congrats & Bravo !!
    I've held one of these in my hands and was really drawn to it.
    Its definately on the Heuer hit list for me , somewhere down the line i'm destined to own one of these.
    Really, really nice.

- Darren

Master
    Always fancied getting one of these, looks like it means business and unique as well.

Congrats!
    I had one of these (the later TH version though) and sold it to fund my 14060.
    One of the ones I wish I hadn't sold - especially as the value now seems to have rocketed!

Craftsman
    The super professional is a tactile watch, the satin finished metal feels great in the hand and the bracelet is good quality. The monoblock case has a sculptural quality to it. Along with the matt dial and tritrium it can only get better with age, as long as the lume does not flake off.

Great catch!

Craftsman
    Thanks all for the nice comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Congrats!
    I had one of these (the later TH version though) and sold it to fund my 14060.
    One of the ones I wish I hadn't sold - especially as the value now seems to have rocketed!
    I feel they're still very reasonably priced at the moment. In terms of collectability the pre-TAG is the one to go for I think. Especially if you can find one with the divers kit. Unfortunately I don't have it with this one (had it with one of the TAGs).
    The black PVD could/should be a future collector too, they seem to be extremely rare...

Craftsman
    I've always had a soft spot for these too, very nice.

Nice! Currently looking at the Tag Heuer branded dial Super Professional and think I've located one that I'll pull the trigger on. Cool watch

Journeyman
    Impressive! Thanks for sharing.