closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Show us your dogs

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    I

Cannot see us ever being without a boxer, they have had a huge impact on our lives and repay our love and loyalty for them ten-fold. Each to their own I guess and many people just don't get them but we love em to bits.

Paul
    Great Dogs Paul.

We had a Boxer bitch called Lacey (lived for 11.5 years) before Deana.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Great Dogs Paul.

We had a Boxer bitch called Lacey (lived for 11.5 years) before Deana.
    Thanks Neil

I remember well when you posted about Deana passing and to be honest am a little surprised that another bull terrier isn't stomping around your place.

When we lost Molly our first boxer it hit us really hard, Molly was "my dog" so to speak but loved us all to bits and many tears were shed at ginger towers! Tasha our other boxer was also like a lost soul which was extremely sad to see. What we did though was foster boxers for a boxer rescue which is a whole other story, but, it helped us through what was a difficult time and to focus on the positives whilst also giving something back to dogs that were less fortunate than our own.

Within a short space of time and without really looking benny came up for adoption / fostering and the rest is history. He is, very much 'his own dog'. He has his own personality, habits, ways of doing things and also faults (he's a boxer, lets face it, they are never going to be perfect) and initially I worried that I would be comparing him to Molly, that however is not the case.

We were lucky in that Benny is so self assured and such a character, that whilst he does share some of Molly's character traits, he is also very different in many other ways, on that basis you tend to find that you never 'compare' them or think any less of them due the very fact that they are different. On the odd occassion that Benny does remind me of Molly because of the way he has done something it makes me smile as opposed to feeling sad.

I hope you are able to find room in your home and your heart for another BT as I am sure there are plenty of them out there that would love to share your lives........ they might share some of Deanas characteristics but I'll guarantee that they will be different in many, many ways but just occasionally remind you of her with a shared characteristic but I'll bet it makes you smile or laugh out loud as opposed to feeling sad.

Benny has us in stitches with his antics, he is a complete lunatic. One thing he does which Molly used to was try and fit in to a yorkshire terrier sized space next to you on our old sofa. With Molly this was less of an isssue as she was quite small for a boxer....... Benny isn't so what you end up with is 8 stone of brindle mongo perching his bum on the sofa sat bolt upright like a human whilst pushing against you. Of course, the outcome is obvious, Benny is like an imoveable object and eventually just 'leans you out of the way' until he has enough space to curl up in a ball partly on you and partly on the sofa.

Molly however would be far more stealthy and curl up in a tiny tight ball and gradually push you further along the sofa with her legs until she was completely comfortable, you weren't but she was. As you can see, they both have the same end goal and initial way of going about it but the bit in the middle is different, one used stealth, the other is just a bloody big lump that crushes you to death!!!

I'm waffling now but hope you find space for a Bull Terrier soon!

Paul

It is great to sees so many Staffordshire bull terriers, we may well get one in the near future. i think they are great dogs. i love our rottie so much though that i would imagine we will get another when the time comes. i do wonder about the same thing as some have mentioned and whether getting the same breed again will be difficult. we will most likely get a boy dog next time though as my mrs is a tad jealous that our bitch seems to love me more than her and i am never at home!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepsteeth View Post
    It is great to sees so many Staffordshire bull terriers, we may well get one in the near future. i think they are great dogs. i love our rottie so much though that i would imagine we will get another when the time comes. i do wonder about the same thing as some have mentioned and whether getting the same breed again will be difficult. we will most likely get a boy dog next time though as my mrs is a tad jealous that our bitch seems to love me more than her and i am never at home!
    Cant stand the breed myself. All I ever see in in town centres around the South is this breed along with their tattooed and redbull carry owners...

They are known to be aggressive and were bred to be. Whatever happened to wanting a dog as a Friend/Pet (lots on this thread I'm pleased to see) ?

I really don't understand Rottweiler/Pitbull type dogs being "popular" as pets...

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    Cant stand the breed myself. All I ever see in in town centres around the South is this breed along with their tattooed and redbull carry owners...

They are known to be aggressive and were bred to be. Whatever happened to wanting a dog as a Friend/Pet (lots on this thread I'm pleased to see) ?

I really don't understand Rottweiler/Pitbull type dogs being "popular" as pets...
    Ignorance is bliss.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by millie-mail View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.

Exactly. Generally speaking, there are more bad owners then there are bad dogs.

Master
    My dogs bring me a lot of pleasure...not being the most mobile of folk, I'm forced to get off my backside and take em out, which is easy...because they're great dogs to be around....

Not to everyone's taste...including mine when we first got one, but the breed has endeared itself to me...

They're Chinese crested.. Don't see many around, and it's assumed they're a toy or handbag dog...

Well not in this house they ain't... They get treated like any other dog rain or shine... They're very high energy, playful and social dogs...they have a great physique which really shows off when they're running and playing.. We keep them lean and they're more healthy for it...

Oh and they all have their own characters.

All of them came from rescue centres around the UK, except Stan...

Anyway let me introduce...
    Stan.... Now Stan is not the brightest of the bunch, in fact he's quite thick... Obedient enough but does daft things that make me laugh... He's great with other dogs, and what he loses in the brains dept he makes up with his looks...

Then we have Englebert.... Bertie for short... Bright as a button, very obedient, fit as a fiddle... Bertie isn't that confident around bigger dogs, but he'll play all day with dogs his own size... He loves people and hasn't got a mean bone in his body..

Then there's Syd... Still a bit of a pup, and crossed with a chihuahua... He'll play with any other dog, he's got a cheeky nature, is bright, but by eck he's a greedy bugger... Really have to keep an eye on him because he'll steal food, and start a fight... But 99% of the time they all get on fine...

And last but no least... We have little Louie... She's the boss, non of the male dogs mess with her, despite the fact that she's got a deformed spine, is almost blind, and generally a bit weak... She holds her own though and she's a happy soul..
    Love attention, but we suspect her life span isn't going to be a long one.... (Dread the day) but in the meantime we do what we can to make life easier for her.. Ramps etc... She's not in pain but we know the day will come..

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
    Exactly. Generally speaking, there are more bad owners then there are bad dogs.
    there is no such thing as a bad dog, At least they are not born that way.

Journeyman

my two

Master

?

Quote Originally Posted by millie-mail View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Ill second that!! Im guessing hes not a dog lover!! Had a staffy for 13 years and died last weekend😥 from Cancer!!
    Softest dogs Ive ever known and I do a lot of shooting and falconry so we use other dogs for that!! Staffy's are ignorantly mistunderstood and its this that the idiots feed off!! They want you to think that as that makes the dog a weapon to them!! just because the dog has muscles doesnt automatically make them aggressive!?
    In a recent survey a read the other day my sister was devistated to read that her beloved Dachshund was number one for human shown recorded aggression but due to their stature they get away with it and number two was jack russels! Her little dog bit the posty once and drew blood and nothing was said or done but if that had been a different breed it would have been destroyed!
    When my other sister used to work for the RSPCA she always said that most cases she dealt with for bites and on humans were german shepherds but her area supervisor always said it was due to the fact that they are used as a guard dog and nearly all these cases happened on their own property?!
    A dog is only as good as its owner!! they are not born aggressive! I guarantee you that I could make any dog aggresive in the end if you teach them to be!!
    Ill try and upload some soppy pics of our Tilly in the next few days!
    Chris

My "other" collie - "Scooby"

Taken today, just messing about in the garden.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Taken today, just messing about in the garden.

Great shot Sean.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post

I'm tattooed.

I have a staffy.

Aggressive? Pah looks like it yeah!

Dogs aren't bred aggressive, they can be TRAINED to be aggressive though......

Master
    Love Staffies. Definitely a breed I will consider in future.
    Last edited by Tomw2000; 10th December 2014 at 14:30. Reason: I can't spell

We've had Carlo at home for two weeks now and he's settling in without any problems (well, except that he bites and chews everything, but that's expected!).

A Pair of Thai girls

Pug our endless source of joy and amusement Uyi

And Browny nearly weighs as much as the wife a solid 41Kg

Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    Thanks Neil

I remember well when you posted about Deana passing and to be honest am a little surprised that another bull terrier isn't stomping around your place.

I'm waffling now but hope you find space for a Bull Terrier soon!

Paul
    Cheers Paul, I hope so too.
    Cheers,
    Neil.