closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pulsar 200m auto

Pulsar 200m auto

Hi all - I noticed the Pulsar 200m auto diver in the sales section & thought you may be interested in my modified example & the various versions it went through before, eventually, ending up in a design I liked.

The watch as bought off Ebay complete with various dings & scratches. I liked the case of the watch but wasn't keen on the dial or hands & decided to modify it.

The first incarnation - new dial/hands fitted but I didn't have a chapter ring so modified the original hence the cut outs. Being blunt it looked awful but I kept the watch like this for a while all the same .... I didn't wear it much.

I decided to go the whole hog & get the case DLC (diamond like carbon) coated. I fitted a Seiko dial (I found in my spares drawer) along with the orange hands & a plain alloy chapter ring (custom part for a Seiko Monster I think - not 100% sure though). Parts of the overall look worked better but I hated the dial/hand combination & it didn't stay like this for long .................

............. so I went back to the orange/black no date dial. I liked this version & kept/wore it for a good few months before buying a Bell & Ross homage in a charity shop one day. I eventually decided that I had no use for two black & orange watches in my collection ................

............. so I found another sterile dial (date window at 4.30), bought a set of chrome edged sword hands & this is the result. White edged hands would've looked better but I'm happy enough with the result & can't see me changing it again ....... never say never though!

:)

Master

Re: Pulsar 200m auto

Good job mate, must admit was pondering over the one on SC but i've got an old 6309 lying around which i may attempt to mod first. Can I ask - where do you source dials, hands etc ?

Regards,

maseman

There are various places to get custom parts from - a few good sources are:

The Seiko & Citizen Forum - http://www.thewatchsite.com/ - you may have to register to reply/see photos.

10 watches is also another good source of parts - http://www.10watches.com

You could always put a WTB ad on this or any other of the forums & see what turns up :)

I have another custom Seiko - a 6309-7040 fitted with a tan Seiko military dial, Seiko 5 superior hands & a 6306 hacking movement, it's a favourite of mine & one that I wear often. I'd love an original 6309 but they're getting expensive; I'm not saying they're not worth it, just that I can't afford a decent original one at the moment! If I could find a cheap beat up example then I'd like to fit a Marinemaster dial & hands into it. That'd make a fantastic watch I think :D

Master

Hi, im trying to work out which looks better, the orange version or latest. Both look great. Good work. Regards. Kev

Quote Originally Posted by bubblehead
    Hi, im trying to work out which looks better, the orange version or latest. Both look great. Good work. Regards. Kev

I agree with Kev they are both are good looking mods. Think I'm edgeing for the orange version...

Thats a great job on that one! :)

Journeyman
    I think that that was an amazing bit of work

Master
    Looks great in its new incarnation.

Journeyman
    Excellent work but I think the orange version just edges in front.

Barry