closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vienna's ADs

Vienna's ADs

I've just returned from a gig in Vienna. The city centre seems to have more ADs of more brands in a closer distance than any other capital city I've been to. Sadly today was a national holiday so they were all closed.

Bugger.

I was there last year - it's a beautiful city.

My wife took a photo of me for her Facebook looking in a watch shop with the amusing name of Kock.

Hopefully going to Vienna next spring.......................

Watches

There must be also a couple of vintage watch dealers in Ienna. Saw some at the Munich watch-fair.

Craftsman
    Going there next month.

Any advice on where to look and what to look for? :)

I'm in Vienna at the moment. There are a couple of 2nd hand sellers I want to check out and I'll post what I find.
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 29th October 2012 at 11:09.

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinShepherd View Post
    I've just returned from a gig in Vienna. The city centre seems to have more ADs of more brands in a closer distance than any other capital city I've been to. Sadly today was a national holiday so they were all closed.

Bugger.
    Been to HK? =P

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I'm in Vienna at the moment. There are a couple of 2nd hand sellers I want to check out and I'll post what I find.
    That'd be great!

Thanks

It would have to go some way to beat the Argyle Arcade in Glasgow imho. I spent many happy lunch hours there before my job moved to Edinburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Please do. I am going to Vienna for Christmas an would lve to checkout the 2nd hand sellers. Looking forward to your findings

1st District

Here we go then; this is by no means exhaustive but might help somebody out.

There are the usual big jewellers in close proximity to the Stefansdom; effectively in the local equivalent of Bond Street and, although I didn't ask, I can't see much being offered in the way of discounts (Vienna is a big international centre with OPEC, IAEA and various other UN organisations in town). Most significant of these are:

Wempe http://www.wempe.de/bereich-oesterreich.htm( Kärntner Strasse 41 1010)
    Bucherer http://www.bucherer.com/de/infos/sta...eich/wien.html(Kärntner Straβe 2 1010)
    Wagner http://www.juwelier-wagner.at/(Graben 21 / Tuchlauben 2, 1010)
    Juwelier Schullin http://www.schullin.com/ (Kohlmarkt 18 1010)
    Jewelier (von) Köck (no sniggering at the back) http://vonkoeck.at/index.php?navi=home (Am Graben 22 1010)

The latter probably has a slightly more unusual offer,there were a couple of Richard Mille in the window. Additionally there is an Omega and IWC boutique on Am Graben and a Breguet shop in Kohlmarkt. There are also a couple of watch shops immediately facing the entrance to the Stefansdom, so easy to take in - one had a rather large Rado sign in the window and the other seemed to specialize in some rather nasty TW Steel/ Graham type stuff. There are lots of others around the 1st district that will have a fairly standard offer.

In terms of secondhand in the first district the one that I was really impressed with was Uhrenbörsen very friendly, a good selection and some, I thought, reasonable prices. Run by a chap called Michael Gunczy though he wasn't there when I popped in
    MG Uhren und Schmuck Handelsgesellschaft http://www.watches.at (Rotenturmstraße 29, A-1010)

Just up from here on the corner of Rotenturmstr & Fleischmarkt there is a chap with a load of Citizen divers in the window (I had bookmarked it on a last trip as it's the only place I've seen a Citizen Orca in a shop window - they didn't have any this time). I'm afraid that I don't remember the shop name and google maps is not helping me out.

The other second hand place in the 1st district seems to have absolutely no web presence whatsoever. It's on the corner of Fleischmarkt and Drachengasse next to Hotel Post and I've posted a few of pictures below to give you a flavour. The shop was shut at the time and I have no way of commenting on the authenticity of their wares. Apologies for the particularly awful photos; I've recently acquired an iPhone.
    B Atelier Uomo.

Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 31st October 2019 at 13:11.

Thanks a lot...

Thank you so much C-B, next time I'm there I will have a field day :)
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Master
    Whilst your taking a break from checking out the watches, try out the Sky Bar....

....it's above a small modern looking shopping arcade with the lift out over the front of the shops (so doesn't sound or look impressive).

However, when you cut through to the back where the bar is, it has stunning views over the skyline and Cathedral.

Well worth a visit if your in town.

Is that in the Do&Co? That's on our list but we didn't have time on this trip.