closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: SMP 2254 - far too common and flip, or rare/special and keep?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Common, worn by every man and his stud-collared dog - get shot of and don't look back!

37 32.17%
  • Subtle, understated class, not many of them around and something you'll regret flipping.

78 67.83%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMP 2254 - common as much or a little bit special?

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    Does the 2254 have the quick-set hour hand?
    no it does,nt.

Omega 2254 is a keeper, for me. I owned Bond Omega Seamasters, the second was a new GMT model but somehow I couldn't bond with them.

I want to try a 2254 in the future.

Capt. Serdal

Grand Master
    Only one Seamaster Professional that's nicer than the 2254.50 IMO.......

and you won`t see many folks wearing one.

Paul

Grand Master
    Seen a couple here and there, the quartz one I think. Nice watch, don't understand the fawning; Omega itself obviously didn't think much of it. Also, buying one in the hope you'll never see another one in the wild seems slightly crazy to me. It's an entry level Omega, not an F.P. Journe.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

i've had a couple of 2254's....when i owned one i always disliked some things about it, sold it, saw some very nice pics, fell for it again etc etc. Finally i decided it's definately not for me, don't like the bezel numbers, the helium valve and the scalloped bezel in combination with the twisted lugs and crown guards make it way to busy and out of balance for me.
    The GMT i regret selling though.

its a keeper for me and it will remain one . Its the one I kept when i sold everything , its my only watch , that and a Gshock :)

Blog Entries
    Never seen anyone wearing a 2254 ever!
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    I have seen a number of people wearing the 2254 here in Finland. The blue bond even more. No issue for me though, I've had the ti-version which I still kind of miss. But I didn't need so many divers, so now I only have a Sub and a Seiko. Maybe one day I'll get the ti version again...

- - - Updated - - -

Goddamit I miss it now that I saw the photo again! :D

Banned
    I sold mine and really wish I still had it, since then I've had the black bond and the new SMP-C and I think I prefer the 2254.

2254s common? You must be joking! It may seem that way as you frequent a watch forum where they always pop up for sale, but they are nohwere near as common as the blue bond versions which are still available from Omega and worn by the general public who want a 'decent branded watch'.

I think the 2254 will be a future classic as it's getting harder and harder to find a decent one in good condition with box, papers etc etc.

I've decided to keep it.

I've been away for a week and in the company of people who own good quality watches, and not a 2254 to be seen. Tags and Rolex, but not sight or sound of this one. And I'd probably go along with the view that it's likely to be a classic.

Thanks for all the comments, very interesting.

Master
    Had mine for about 5 years now, sometimes I don't wear it for months, and then it makes me think I should sell it. But everytime I pick it up again that thought quickly goes away :-)

It's a good size and relatively flat, works great on either leather, nato's or bracelet.

I really like the look of the 2254 there not to common either, there's a lot more of the 2531 about that I have

Craftsman
    I have the Ti version with the (love it or hate it) wave blue dial. Its the only watch I have that I haven't considered selling and I don't think I ever will. I think its a watch for every occasion, and yes I've seen a couple on the wrists of others over the years, but usually the quartz version, and what does it matter anyway !

Glad you decided its a keeper, you made the right choice !