closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ladies watch suggestions

Ladies watch suggestions

Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while but decided to get registered and join in. Not least to see what treasures lay within sales corner! I found this forum after visiting some others I shan't name but this seems a much more informative and friendly place.

I'm a noobie to automatic watches in general (been researching hard recently though!) but a wedding later in the year is all the excuse I need to buy us both a couple of fine watches. I think I know what I'm after (Breitling Superocean) but my main question though is what to get the good lady partner. She is 30 so can't be too 'old lady'. I know she likes the Omega Aqua Terra Quartz as we had a little try out...just wondering if you can think of anything else that could fit the bill? So we are talking braclet (probably), classic design, pretty classy, and I think she'll require new :lol: , but interesting used buy suggestions will be considered. Up to 2K.

Thanks

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Re: Ladies watch suggestions

I like the breitling starliner and theres another 28mm ladies/unisex breitling out at the moment, forget the name but its nice

Rolex Explorer with no box or papers. Datejust - I picked up a lovely example for less than £1500!

There is now lots of choice of what were only a few years ago mens sizes that are now a little unloved - but these 36mm and less sizes are perfect for female wrists and can give great watches a 2nd lease of life - plus I have no problem wearing a 36mm watch too :) (although I prefer to stick to 38-42mm in the main).
    It's just a matter of time...

How about Oris Aquis ladies?

Or maybe Rolex Explorer I in fairly good condition

My wife ( look left for age/size etc :lol: ) wears an Omega "Bond" mid-size and a Rolex datejust for her.

Master

If she likes the Omega Aqua Terra then that's what to go for :)

I daily wearer is a Omega Seamaster Pro ladies version. But I I had £2k in the pot it would be a Cartier Tank Francaise which is just a timeless classic in my eyes.

Finland...next to a lake...somewhere in the forest.

Breitling Lady J. Bought one years ago for a former girlfriend. Beautiful dial and really unique bezel. Sporty and elegant at the same time. When we broke up she wanted
    to give it back to me. I said no. In retrospect I should have accepted her offer :roll: .

Journeyman

Ladies Cartier Santos very classy and looks nice on a ladies wrist with a classy look !!

According to SWMBO te only watches for a lady are a Longines La Grande Classique or a Cartier Tank. Personally I also like the 34mm Rolex on a lady, an Air-King for example. If she can get away with it, Subs also work well IMHO.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Some I never would have considered in there, and lots of love for Cartier I see...

Craftsman

A Cartier Ballon Bleu or a Rolex Date Just would be my choice. The nice thing about the Date Just is the variety of options that can be chosen.