closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone getting Hotmail asking to reset password?

Master

Anyone getting Hotmail asking to reset password?

Hi

Logging into my Hotmail account as usual this morning and it takes me to a page asking me to reset my password - just seems a bit suspicious to me. Anyone else had this or am I just being paranoid??

I haven't asked or requested my password to be reset and it seems i can still view and send emails on my mobile on the same account with the same credentials.

Looking on Google and it seems to throw up a mixed response, but nothing that recent (April was the latest that I could see)

Any thoughts/ideas??

Cheers

Re: Anyone getting Hotmail asking to reset password?

Just logged in myself and all ok, so not sure about that... The only time I ever get things asking me to reset passwords is when I forget that I'm surfing in 'privacy mode' or similar :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by bambam
    Hi

Logging into my Hotmail account as usual this morning and it takes me to a page asking me to reset my password - just seems a bit suspicious to me. Anyone else had this or am I just being paranoid??

I haven't asked or requested my password to be reset and it seems i can still view and send emails on my mobile on the same account with the same credentials.

Looking on Google and it seems to throw up a mixed response, but nothing that recent (April was the latest that I could see)

Any thoughts/ideas??

Cheers

Just tried mine (ipad) and logged in not a problem ?
    Run a virus scanner just in case

If in doubt can you not just contact hotmail and ask them if they require you to make any changes to your account?

In the options there's a choice to have your password reset every 70 days or so. Might be worth checking to see if that's set to on

Master

There's no tick against the section asking for the password to be reset every XX days.

I haven't changed the password for ages and never had any issues which is why I'm concerned that this may not be legit.

Cheers

I got an e-mail apparently from Hotmail yesterday asking me to do so...but I ignored it. Looked dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    I got an e-mail apparently from Hotmail yesterday asking me to do so...but I ignored it. Looked dodgy.
    Sensible advice but bit of a difference here:

Logging into my Hotmail account as usual this morning and it takes me to a page asking me to reset my password
    I would not respond or action anything sent to your hotmail however if it was a re-direct within the hotmail system activated by your login to your account that is a bit different. I would still contact hotmail to get their take on it to be safe, can't hurt to ask.

Master

Quick update - seems like this was genuine - some others I know had to do it too - some of whom were in Hotmail, went away and had to reset when they came back.

Some checking around showed that its to cover some security issue.

Thought it may help anyone else with the issue.

I received a similar message about a week ago and ignored it. Got another one yesterday that looked a little more authentic than the first but ignored that one too and so far nothing catastrophric has occurred.

Master

Quick update - seems like this was genuine - some others I know had to do it too - some of whom were in Hotmail, went away and had to reset when they came back.

Some checking around showed that its to cover some security issue.

Thought it may help anyone else with the issue.
    Happened to my wife today.

Journeyman

I didnt knew people still used hotmail... :bigsmurf:

Had Hotmail ask me to do the same. Was a re-direct as mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by nemozeco
    I didnt knew people still used hotmail... :bigsmurf:
    Hotmail works fine. I have never had any problems.

(Was surprised how ever to see a few respectable small businesses use Hotmail as contact mail.
    Smehow I did not expect them to).

Master

My iPhone would not collect email this morning via my mail app.

Logged onto Hotmail using Safari and was met with a security screen asking me to change my password and confirm certain security details (confirm existing security details, not provide new details).

Followed the prompts and all is now working once again.

I got it a couple of times, just ignore :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger
    I got it a couple of times, just ignore :D
    You can't ignore this as without resetting your password you can't get into your mail....

Master

I think some people are mistaking this issue, which is logging into hotmail itself and being required to reset one's password, with phishing emails purporting to be hotmail while actually being scammers trying to get hold of one's password.

vanquisher

Hi

Any thoughts/ideas??

Cheers

Hello,

This is something occurs when you have the option checked as reset my password every 72 Days. You need to undo this change from the settings panel of hotmail account. You need to first reset the password and uncheck the option called reset the password every 72days and you wont face this problem again.
    If you need further assistance on this then contact us http://www.comantra.net or you can drop an email at enquiry@comantra.net. Just drop in your country code and your phone number you will be contacted by one of our experts on this and they will assist you.

Thanks and regards
    Comantra Support team.