Thread: Eurovision

Grand Master

Eurovision

If the Russian Grannies dont win Ill be devastated
    RIAC

Craftsman

Re: Eurovision

Mrs Weedram voted for them.

I wanted to vote for Romania, but I wasn't allowed.............................

Go ??????? :D
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Seriously - you actually care :shock:

Andy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Seriously, people are actually watching it? :? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Grand Master

Its the event of the year
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey
    Its the event of the year
    Indeed especially if you have a despotic regime to maintain :D
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

I think I'll pass. Looking forward for the Bute vs Froch boxing match later this evening.

Master
    Blog Entries

So bad it's good :lol:

Norton is priceless, he is getting more and more bitchy with his comments as we fail to get any points in the voting :lol:

Master

I love his comments about the Russian lady giving the points.

Poor Englebert, a nice song sung well. It was not the best but better than many that finished higher. The geograpic voting makes a mockery of it really.

The Swedish song was a very competent euro-dance song but nothing special. There were better songs. I think the best song / performance combination was Spain.

Still, it's a laugh and Grahm has certain taken over where Sir Terry left off, he makes it worth watching.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67
    I love his comments about the Russian lady giving the points.

Poor Englebert, a nice song sung well. It was not the best but better than many that finished higher. The geograpic voting makes a mockery of it really.

The Swedish song was a very competent euro-dance song but nothing special. There were better songs. I think the best song / performance combination was Spain.

Still, it's a laugh and Grahm has certain taken over where Sir Terry left off, he makes it worth watching.
    I thought the Swedish entry was fairly standard poc-poc-poc Eurofare of no particular character. And, like everything else this year...

...sung in English.

Why not sing in your own language like so many pop stars do? It's not like anyone's going to pick you up and launch you onto the world stage.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by phil h
    So bad it's good :lol:

Norton is priceless, he is getting more and more bitchy with his comments as we fail to get any points in the voting :lol:
    How come the UK show has been fronted by an Irishman?
    First Sir Terry and now Graham Snorton :?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by weedram
    Mrs Weedram voted for them.

I wanted to vote for Romania, but I wasn't allowed.............................
    Why weren't you allowed?

Yep, seems like the swedes won.

What a waste of time! It's never been my thing; not to my tastes and even Terry Wogan could'nt tempt me to watch in the past but i really don't know whay we bother.

It's like a School reunion. All the other Countries used to be weak and easily Influenced. The UK (or Great Britian, which ever our Independance desperate members prefer) used to be strong and use that strength to bully and influence during the school days so long ago. Now the UK is old fat and toothless and the other countries are still in their youth. With confidence growing, they can openly humiliate the UK, prodding and poking without fear of recourse. We just sit in our mobility scooter, smile uncomfortably and say, 'It's not the winning, it's the taking part' whilst wincing inwardly.

There i no way we would win even if we entered Kylie and she Fellated all the judges individually. Tell 'em to shove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Lee
    There is no way we would win even if we entered Kylie and she Fellated all the judges individually. Tell 'em to shove it!
    What if she fellated them all at once then sang boom gang a bang? Would that improve our chances?

I'm of the opinion it would so I'm going to email Kylie now.

Watched the vote, why do they bother with the singing, just have the vote, or maybe have the vote before the singing.

Can we just stop entering please.

+1. Every year 'this year it will be different' with no result. Eurovision is really a waste of time and oxygen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark020
    Eurovision is really a waste of time and oxygen.
    We all pay for it too, via our TV licence :shock:

Master

Even those two little dweebs from Southern Ireland got more points than us, why do we bother, what a joke.

It is simple I suppose, they are voting for the country, so it shows what the rest of Europe think of us.

Time to get out?

Blog Entries

Caught bits of in between trying to stay awake watching the England game it lived up to its rep a joke "contest" with political voting and not even Norden could rescue it :roll: in short total bollocks :evil: Why do we subscibe to this crap? Why does the BBC continue to piss my fee up the wall?

BTW as many know i am a Funeral Director and dear old Hump looked like he just got of the embalming table i have seen corpses that looked "more alive"
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Grand Master

I think the fact that it is so crap coupled with it becoming a tradition is whats makes us watch it
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    And, like everything else this year...

...sung in English.

Why not sing in your own language like so many pop stars do? It's not like anyone's going to pick you up and launch you onto the world stage.
    Ha, that's a good point. We still win.

I think that people in the UK only tune in for the kitsch so our entry should reflect that. We know we can't win so why not go outrageously bad? The worst we can do is come our usual last.
    "A man of little significance"

It's part of a cunning plan to slowly bankrupt all of these upstart former Commies by making them win so that they have to spend squillions hosting the event the following year.

Spain appear to have rumbled us.

Obviously, there's no danger of us ever having to stage the thing, unless the former Commies work out what's going on.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad
    Caught bits of in between trying to stay awake watching the England game it lived up to its rep a joke "contest" with political voting and not even Norden could rescue it :roll: in short total bollocks :evil: Why do we subscibe to this crap? Why does the BBC continue to piss my fee up the wall?

BTW as many know i am a Funeral Director and dear old Hump looked like he just got of the embalming table i have seen corpses that looked "more alive"
    My experience exactly, I love the comment about Engelbert, Funeral Directors always look so solemn to me, I will look on them in a different light now :lol:

Master

I think "looking solemn" is part of the job isn't it? Nobody wants one of the Chuckle Brothers sending your nearest and dearest off. Wait a minute, I've got a business idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point
    It's part of a cunning plan to slowly bankrupt all of these upstart former Commies by making them win so that they have to spend squillions hosting the event the following year.

Spain appear to have rumbled us.

Obviously, there's no danger of us ever having to stage the thing, unless the former Commies work out what's going on.
    +1 Ireland had the best plan to avoid winning but ours did the job too!

Its a joke but an entertaining joke. The lass from Denmark was well fit. Romanian woman was gorgeous with a nice backless dress. I can't wait till next year :bounce:

I think the time has come to just do the voting and not bother with the singing! that way the whole thing can be over in 40 mins and we don't have to put up with second rate singers (excl the Hump) and we can limit our exposure to Mr Norton and save some money too!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey
    I think the fact that it is so crap coupled with it becoming a tradition is whats makes us watch it
    it's fantastic.
    I was perturbed that the grannies didn't win.
    I fail to see why Britain not wining is always met with such indignation. :lol:

Blog Entries

Apparently, Egbert Spunkledump (can't remember his name off the top of my head) put off the grannies by hitting on them during the show.. he always prefers younger women.

This put them off their game, and allowed the Swedes to win.

Missed it this year due to work, was gutted, as being a Leeds fan, and England also, this was the only realistic chance (I know :shock: ) of me seeing us do well in Europe this year.

Gutted.

Master

Am I alone in thinking that the Albanian entry should have won on musical ability & image?

Although the Italian entry was far & away the one to set the pacemaker to "Fast". :D

Mike.

Craftsman

Gotta love Eurovision. No better place to discover Finnish Heavy Metal, Russian Grannies and Israeli transsexuals!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Hahaha I'd forgotten about Dana international :lol:
    I think my eye candy vote went to the gymnastic French dancer boys.