closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Back from Omega(swatch uk)with pics

Back from Omega(swatch uk)with pics

Well,about 5/6 weeks ago i sent my x33 off for a service and today it arrived back and im very happy :D .The watch looks new , it had the latest movement fitted (part of the service i think)new hands, crown and pushers also seals,i received all the parts back but why they needed to change them i just dont know ,there's nothing wrong with them :? (may sell them to reduce the service cost :wink: ) I will get some pics up tomorrow , must confess i was a little nervous sending it in but i would definitely use them again and not bad for 350 all in.

Master

Re: Back from Omega(swatch uk)

£350 with a new movement sounds fantastic. Looking forward to pics :-)

Master

If the movement is fully functional you will get a nice lump of cash on that auction site. Sounds very reasonable for a full service, cheap even.

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE
    £350 with a new movement sounds fantastic. Looking forward to pics :-)
    i thought that ,but i'd heard they just stick a new movement in as it is probably cheaper than stripping the old one down .

Quote Originally Posted by 744ER
    If the movement is fully functional you will get a nice lump of cash on that auction site. Sounds very reasonable for a full service, cheap even.
    the old movement was shot,every time you used the buttons it just died even after 3 new batteries fitted.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704
    Quote Originally Posted by 744ER
    the old movement was shot,every time you used the buttons it just died even after 3 new batteries fitted.

could still recover a few quid, if display module etc is ok

I just got back my White dial Omega Seamaster Chronograph and after I got over the cost of the service.... £430. :shock:
    .... I am absolutely delighted also, it's keeping time at +1 second every 48 hours and it's come back looking like a brand new watch. Like you I was apprehensive because I have had bad experiences from Omega in the past but if this is anything to go by perhaps they have up'd their game at last, It also has a 2 year warranty now too.
    8)

Stock picture below....

Master

I'm glad to hear that Swatch/Omega is doing a good job on their servicing. It seems that you hear about problems much more frequently than you do successes.

Master

I must have sent my X33 off to them about week after you did Peter. Very much looking forward to getting in back. :)

Cheers - Simon

Re: Back from Omega(swatch uk)with pics

not the best pics but it gives you an idea,still happy

Master

Looks really good I am hoping they can salvage my SMP as it has met with a nasty accident. Broke my heart to look at it, crystal shattered along with hands missing, bezel insert is damage as well as bezel, casing has scuffs, impact dings and so forth. I sent her off a week ago awaiting an estimate. Your x33 looks really good.

I must say I was highly impressed with the omega boutique off oxford street went in to purchase a 1/2 link for the wife's PO. They fitted it and cleaned up her watch up with out even been asked. We tried on some watches, I had gone in to look at a speed master and ended up ordering a 231.20.39.21.51.003 for the wife. I won't hesitate to send my Omega's in for service there. There service was great compared to other company boutiques I have been in.

The X-33 looks like new. They have done a good job.

Master

It looks as though they did an amazing job refinishing the bracelet in particular; second picture, glad you're pleased with the results :D

A great job on a great watch!

Craftsman

That has to be the tidiest X33 I've ever seen! Most of them are looking pretty scruffy these days.

Steve's SMP chrono is looking goodcasvwell. Hats off to Omega for good service standards

On closer inspection i think they have either replaced the bezel insert or given a light polish,im sure it used to have some tiny blemishes but it now looks new?? Also they have replaced all the case back screws and there was nothing wrong with the originals?? Mighty impressed

That is an brilliant job that they have done there, watch really does look new again! Never really been drawn to these but your suits have just changed my mind.

Master

Looks great......I still have an itch to scratch with an X33 :wink: