closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex v Omega - thorough and scientific review

Rolex v Omega - thorough and scientific review

This may be better in George and Dragon but think it should be ok in this section. I saw this review on youtube and found it terribly helpful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NavGu...e_gdata_player

Re: Rolex v Omega - thorough and scientific review

Always good to watch a well thought out and informed review..... or you could spend some time watching this.

Quite funny. Though not nearly as funny as they obviously found it.
    Its always mildly amusing to hear the word "submariner" pronounced wrongly. Dunno why.

Quote Originally Posted by danmiddle2
    Always good to watch a well thought out and informed review..... or you could spend some time watching this.
    I couldn't finish it ... :(

This is a proper scientific Rolex v Omega comparison review (warning, colourful language)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMQzQeBsvEA

The shocking thing is that I don't wear either of those two brands for similar-ish reasons. :P

john
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas
    Quote Originally Posted by danmiddle2
    I couldn't finish it ... :(

This is a proper scientific Rolex v Omega comparison review (warning, colourful language)
    LOL! "One day you can save and afford an OMEGA SEAMASTER"
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas

The shocking thing is that I don't wear either of those two brands for similar-ish reasons. :P

john
    Jesus, I watched this, what a waanker, ...a brand snob 'tool' of the highest order. Sure there is a demographic who gravitate towards the smp and the sub as their 'first nice watch' but that doesn't mean they can't be worn by 'normal people' as a perfect everyday watch that will handle anything and everything thrown at it. Also I wonder if his Patek would survive being drop kicked across the room?
    Does he know that his Patek is vastly overpriced, also owing to very clever marketing and deliberate exclusivity tactics aimed directly at insanely rich dicckheads like him. To me I'm beginning to wonder if Patek are the new smug arrsehole brand due to tools like him. If I had the money I'd rather a Lange for that reason :D

Master

Rolex or Omega wearers, BMW or Audi drivers, Naim hi-Fi users. Range Rover drivers or Man Utd supporters. People who judge others by these yardsticks and who categorise others depending on such things really say more about themselves than they ever could about those they hold in such disdain. If you must judge people why not look at their character, spirit and actions as opposed to what bloody watch they wear or car they drive.

Absolutely agree pluseditor!

Also :D:

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pluseditor
    Rolex or Omega wearers, BMW or Audi drivers, Naim hi-Fi users. Range Rover drivers or Man Utd supporters. People who judge others by these yardsticks and who categorise others depending on such things really say more about themselves than they ever could about those they hold in such disdain. If you must judge people why not look at their character, spirit and actions as opposed to what bloody watch they wear or car they drive.
    Too difficult for most normal people; means they have to exercise brain, not prejudice. It's all about the brandz brandz brandz brandz.

Anyway, the foul-mouthed Aussie tool was an absolute hoot. A complete ocker 'tard, to be sure, but he sure sounds like he was having a lot of fun. Zero strength of character, though, if he's really that bothered about what people think of him...

EDIT: Christ, what is it with Apple and its sodding autocorrect?
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

I did get that it wasn't meant to be serious, how could you not with an accent like that! Unfortunately some brandsnobs do think like that. Anyway, what is he supposed to be? ...a clone of the other idiot watch snob on askmen that gets loads of attention for also being a total knob.

...groan....don't we already have one too many!

Better comparison on this link but Railmaster vs Explorer

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by shamardal
    Absolutely agree pluseditor!

Also :D:

those spoof ads have given me the best laugh I have had for ages!!! :lol:
    what a great thread...

Really could not stand watching this.
    This guy is so brash and loud and gives a whole new meaning to the the word "tosser".
    Didn't really make it to the watches.