closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay sellers excuse for not sending my Seiko 6105 watch

Ebay sellers excuse for not sending my Seiko 6105 watch

Ok bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251018669714

Paid promptly and then I get this (had these excuses before by the way)

Hi, Bad news, Whilst giveing the watch a clean before wraping this morning outside in the sun, it slipped from my cloth and sods law landed on the corner of the step smashing the glass and bending a hand and is now NOT working at all!!! I will have to have it repaired now and have issued you a full refund, Please understand thanks will relist in a few months time if it can be repaird? and will let you know when. thanks

My reply

Err.... that's convenient if you felt the price was not what you expected. Ebay auctions are a transaction between you and me if you smashed the glass get it fixed/repaired and then send it to me. A picture of the smashed watch glass and bent hand please. I will contact ebay if this is not resolved. Thanks

Sellers reply
    Hi, I would like you to know that i have contacted ebay already explaining my situation the watch is NOW in the repairers and you can have it afterwards but YOU pay the bill, As like any auction acidents do happen! it is a fact of life, i had a painting in sotherbys and it was worth £10,000 but it got damaged and they gave me my reserve price of £3,000 how about that then! I am sorry but this is out of my control i have sent you back your money and i will let you know the result of the watch repairer i am sorry i can not bend over any more then that, thanks.

My Reply
    Oh the watch got to the repairers pretty quick then and I must pay for repairs for an alleged accident that I did not make. Very strange. Once a again a picture would tell a thousand words. Regards

Oh the injustice. Ebay customer service is no service.

Re: Ebay sellers excuse for not sending my Seiko 6105 watch

That was cheap! Unlucky...

I just can't get on with buying from eBay....I'm sure there's great bargains to be had but a lot of scoundrels out there....

The bottom of his post someone asks if he'll take £150, he says no chance....you win auction at £155 and all of a sudden "it's had an accident"....waste of space the seller....

Exactly Yeti. Its strange also that I should have to pay for the alleged repair.

Blog Entries

File the seller under "orifice" and avoid in future. Not much else you can do.

Bad luck. :(

Any further south and i would have wet feet

It's crap and it's annoying but it happens and there is nothing you can do about it except move on and avoid giving yourself a stomach ulcer :)

Annoying when this happens. Sounds like a right liar.

Ask him for a copy of the repair invoice as if you are re-considering the offer (if you can be bothered).

I agree with village. The person is obviously not into playing fairly, so I wouldn't waste your time. Move on swiftly, report to ebay.... buy yourself a nice beer and drink it happy in the knowledge that you didn't give that person any of your hard earned cash.

Banned

Why not play along? - tell him you will pay the bill, and you want photographs of the watch post repair. With a new glass, with relumed hand.

Grand Master

Should have gone to tz and bought mine :wink: .All original 6105-8119.

Quote Originally Posted by europa
    Why not play along? - tell him you will pay the bill, and you want photographs of the watch post repair. With a new glass, with relumed hand.
    Don't believe a word of it. Got a better offer and sold to somebody else.

Give the guy a break his picture got danaged at Sotheby's, how about that then.

Lucky escape I think, it was probably a dodgy watch.

Yes put a £10000 painting into auction with no insurance and a reserve of £3000???? Another long tale me thinks.

What an arse. Can you nip in quickly and leave him negative feedback before the whole thing gets cancelled?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

id go with europas idea of playing along.

nothing like a bit of sport in spring.

Master
    Blog Entries

It's eBay and stuff like this surprises you :?

Don't shop there if ths sort of outcome upsets you. It is no longer the place it was intended to be (if it ever was), but surely we all know that, don't we :idea:

Btw, did u contact eBay? What did they say?

Master

If you have got your money back just forget it and move on, ebay is full of idiots like this

Craftsman

Sadly eBay is no longer the place for bargins, becoming full of crap sellers.

I can't remember the last thing I bought (other than a strap from gasgasbones yesterday)

That's just a damn shame - money back and forget all about it... But just a bloody shame ! Any one of us can end up in the hands of a rogue eBay'er, and its just a terrible experience :shock:

Love the expensive pairing at Sotheby's story... what the h*** .. :?

Banned

Isn't it Hardlex, not glass? The guy is a complete £%*&!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mark020
    Don't believe a word of it. Got a better offer and sold to somebody else.
    Of course he did, that's what I'm saying, play along and catch him out.

Journeyman

its far too easy to scam people on ebay these days,

what a joke

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim16v
    Whats Hardlex if its not a type of glass?

And at that age, no its not. Even if it was Hardlex, it can still break.

Journeyman

Ebay can get you in contact with strange sellers. I bought a new watch for about 402 $. It was not new and there were links missing. The seller thought it was ok to not take responsability and he wrote:

" Please understand that I am not a wealthy person selling watches as a hobby - I do not even own a watch. I was paralyzed in a farm accident 33 years ago and have not had any insurance and never had to see a Dr. until 2 yrs ago and now I am trying to help earn $ to pay medical bills. ..."

Ebay didn´t help me, only thing I could do was to leave neg feedback.

'the watch is NOW in the repairers and you can have it afterwards but YOU pay the bill'

Say you have had a think about it and ok, ask for the name and contact details of the repairer so that you can discuss
    the details and cost of the repair. Especially as you are going to pay for the work.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nesima
    'the watch is NOW in the repairers and you can have it afterwards but YOU pay the bill'

Say you have had a think about it and ok, ask for the name and contact details of the repairer so that you can discuss
    the details and cost of the repair. Especially as you are going to pay for the work.
    Excellent idea.

Master

Excellent idea.

Thing is the watch is almost certainly not broken and nor is there a watch repairer involved. The seller has decided that the watch is worth more than it made and is going to relist at a later date. He is not going to send the watch for the original sale price unless you pay the extra ( imaginary) repair bill to make it up to the price he feels it should have made. Tbh the seller is unscrupulous and you are best out of it. Forget about it and look for another , put it down to experience and take comfort from the fact that you haven't actually lost any money . Irritating it may be but not worth getting into a lather over.

The seller is probably making it all up. That said, I had a nightmare when I sold a Monaco on here and there is a thread to prove it! I went to try and clean the watch up a bit the day before collection. I went and burned the crystal. It can happen!

http://tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=150442

As I said, though, this ebay one is pure bullshit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minkle
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim16v
    Whats Hardlex if its not a type of glass?
    And at that age, no its not. Even if it was Hardlex, it can still break.
    Well pardon my ignorance. I didn't know it went 'off', nor that it is "glass". My point is that it can be used to call his bluff, howeve, as other have said, it's best to have no further dealings with him and he can stick it up his .........................

I haven't actually gotten that far, but more and more items I've bid on mysteriously become "no longer available".

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain

Sue him in the small claims court

Quote Originally Posted by london lad

As I understand it (not being a lawyer or legal expert), a claim in the small claims court would fail as the seller has refunded his money and so Melt hasn't suffered any loss.
    If he was to purchase a replaceent item elsewhere at a greater cost, he may be able to claim for the difference . Not worth the trouble really.

Cheers
    Dave

Perhaps everyone of us here go to his next watch on his ebay list for sale
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Art-D ... 3a722ceb27
    and send him a question asking what is the implication as similar to the situation for the 6105 he just sold...he will get the hint that the watch community is following the saga....

Master

Think it's a good shout asking for the name of the repairer so that you can discuss the repair work being done, etc. It's obviously complete BS but will call the sellers bluff!

My view...

It's a shame and im sorry it's happened to you but move on, forget about it and don't expend any further mental energy or angst on it. Start the hunt for another one but not from this seller!

Who was it who said " grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy
    My view...

It's a shame and im sorry it's happened to you but move on, forget about it and don't expend any further mental energy or angst on it. Start the hunt for another one but not from this seller!

Who was it who said " grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr I beleive

+1 on this point of view

Quote Originally Posted by bobc

Excellent idea.

Thing is the watch is almost certainly not broken and nor is there a watch repairer involved. The seller has decided that the watch is worth more than it made and is going to relist at a later date. He is not going to send the watch for the original sale price unless you pay the extra ( imaginary) repair bill to make it up to the price he feels it should have made. Tbh the seller is unscrupulous and you are best out of it. Forget about it and look for another , put it down to experience and take comfort from the fact that you haven't actually lost any money . Irritating it may be but not worth getting into a lather over.

My view exactly. This is a seller to avoid. Sharp practice but at least you're not out of pocket. Might be fun though to mess with the listing when it comes back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy
    My view...

Who was it who said " grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr I believe
    I agree...... then sue him! Its the modern day equivalent to a smack on the nose :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveS
    Quote Originally Posted by london lad

As I understand it (not being a lawyer or legal expert), a claim in the small claims court would fail as the seller has refunded his money and so Melt hasn't suffered any loss.
    If he was to purchase a replaceent item elsewhere at a greater cost, he may be able to claim for the difference . Not worth the trouble really.

Cheers
    Dave
    That's why people think nothing of going back on their word nowadays. Sue him and give him some stress :-)

Follow the seller and if he posts it back up for sale let us all know :D
    "A man of little significance"

I already have a Seiko 6105 its just the injustice and lies that annoy me. I would never do such a thing. I would honour any agreement and take it on the chin. These days the dishonesty comes from those that lead us, just look at MP's expenses scandal and bankers that do not deliver and cost us billions. Not one banker has been done for what happened. Oh they say the derivatives were to complicated and we did not understand them, but your the BOSS. Like our newspaper owner the excuse is I did not know what was going on. Really OK I believe you. Yet if you park in the wrong place BANG £80 or we'll make it £160 or.....more. Life you gotta love it. I have moved on the Negative has been administered. Oh joy.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Melt
    ...........its just the injustice and lies that annoy me.
    You don't actually know that the seller was lying.

No photo expected me to pay for a fake repair come on. How would you word an accident? I would say I will get it fixed and send to you. Not you pay for the repair or I will relist. See opening thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt
    ...........its just the injustice and lies that annoy me.
    You don't actually know that the seller was lying.
    No problem, let's assume he is not: in that case he can easily provide information...

My guess (due to the way of communicating) is that he is trying to either up the price to the level he wants or tries to get the watch out of the ended auction to put it on ebay in the near future hoping to achieve a better result...

you are not the first person to get shafted by ebay or a seller on there, let it go and move along , it cant be doing your blood pressure any good :)

The guy is clearly an expert as according to his previous listing a Steinhart is as good quality as a Rolex.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251002300148

I think we should have a bit of fun with this monkey.

Currently negotiating to buy the watch, after contacting the seller saying I have been looking for a good example and an willing to pay a good price if it is still available.
    If the monkey takes the banana, he will have a job explaining to eBay how the broken watch became unbroken :-)

His spelling and grammar are appalling and he really does like comparing it to a Rolex. He comes across as a complete shyster, not happy with where he comes from either I love Cornwall.

I would expect sales posts like his to come from Lagos on some scam email!

it is crap and he could have placed a reserve if he was concered about not getting the value he places on the item.