closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling prices going down 10%???

Breitling prices going down 10%???

anyone else heard this crazy rumour from Basel?

Craftsman

Re: Breitling prices going down 10%???

Yes :D

If its true is rubbish if you have just bought one and didn't get a discount!

Quote Originally Posted by James.uk
    If its true is rubbish if you have just bought one and didn't get a discount!
    Not only that - but they are not compensating their AD's - so their old stock, which already had the margins cut will have 10% knocked off it too! That is if they decide to drop their prices straight away.

I guess they just won't discount as much to get a sale!
    It's just a matter of time...

Master

10%? :o

Grand Master

anyone else heard this crazy rumour from Basel?
    Yes - breath is not bated, though. I think Breitling has been taking the mick and riding on the coattails of the more innovative brands. The current Superocean is funky and modern etc but has less functionality and more than TWICE the retail price of a Superocean from 2006. Case, movement, dial quality, bracelet etc - all the same.
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

It's happened already. I know some places have marked down. It happened almost overnight.

Only 10%?

Terrible P.R, Its like admitting your products are not up to the price asked... They should never have raised them so much in the first place. This looks like a real own goal.

I'm sure they will still be able to cope on the remaining profit margin!

Terrible P.R, Its like admitting your products are not up to the price asked... They should never have raised them so much in the first place. This looks like a real own goal.
    It is announced to AD's in direct relation to the change in interest rates - so hardly bad PR - thye just haven't handled the PR so well. Also, imo this doesn't make your "luxury" product appear well against other brands!

That's a very confused reply...

I wish they would drop the servicing as well. My 6 year old Breitling B2 just started misting up on the inside.

That's a very confused reply...
    Sorry.
    I Think it is great that a brand is actually responding to a positive change in interest rates, which can only be good PR.
    They could have got more out of it/made more of it IMO.

However the fact no one else is doing it can have the adverse effect of making a buyer think thr products can't possibly be as good as some others.

I think they are very good watches,I just don't like many of their designs.

Hope that it clearer.

Master

I asked my AD about this on Thursday (called in to pester for more info on the Omega Z-33 :lol: ).
    Apparently they did the price drop with very little fuss on Monday morning.

Unfortunately, not all brands are following suit. There is a Tag increase due next Monday. :lol: :lol:

It's their own fault, they had something like 3 separate increases last year. Either they didn't do their homework on the yield curve / exchange rates or they were being greedy...possibly both. But I was shocked at the time at the level of their prices...just didn't seem sustainable in any way...justified now.

Quote Originally Posted by scarto
    It's their own fault, they had something like 3 separate increases last year. Either they didn't do their homework on the yield curve / exchange rates or they were being greedy...possibly both. But I was shocked at the time at the level of their prices...just didn't seem sustainable in any way...justified now.
    +1
    Since a price reduction is the last thing any brand likes to do, it does show that they seriously misjudged what they could get away with. Without wishing to stir up controversy, it doesn't help that they also seem to be misjudging the direction their styling is going. The Chronomat 01 -the supposed flag-ship watch - really doesn't look right IMO, neither does the Galactic, and they made the Avenger/Super Avenger too shiny (whereas they looked great before).

It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the manufacturers are finding their sales have hit a bit of a wall. I know we have numerous threads about price rises, but in the general non-WIS market there are still going to be fewer people who can drop £5k-7K rather than £3k-5k on a watch.

I think it's fair to say Rolex have led the above-inflation price rises, and got away with it due to the strength of the brand, the other brands have followed, but you have to question how far they can push it.

I don't own any expensive watches nowadays, but looked in Laings (Edinburgh) window on the way to a meeting on Friday afternoon: I couldn't believe how expensive everything was. Not at all surprised that there's resistance...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pras
    I wish they would drop the servicing as well. My 6 year old Breitling B2 just started misting up on the inside.
    And a warm welcome to the forum :)

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Why thank you sir. Have been lurking for years, but this fault finally made me register :D

You can always get 10% off servicing with a Signet card, or join Andrew Michaels Breitling club... search is your friend. Welcome btw...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak
    I asked my AD about this on Thursday (called in to pester for more info on the Omega Z-33 :lol: ).
    Apparently they did the price drop with very little fuss on Monday morning.

Unfortunately, not all brands are following suit. There is a Tag increase due next Monday. :lol: :lol:

Warned ya. :wink: