closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex lost - stolen line

Rolex lost - stolen line

When you call them, do they just advise if it's reported as lost or stolen ar will they also confirm full UK supply and original dealer etc.

Re: Rolex lost - stolen line

Quote Originally Posted by brucelee
    When you call them, do they just advise if it's reported as lost or stolen ar will they also confirm full UK supply and original dealer etc.
    I've had the latter from them but I'm not sure what the official policy is.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

IME just lost and stolen

Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408
    IME just lost and stolen
    My experience too.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master

Yep, just L&S info although they once put me through to the service dept and confirmed that the watch in question had been serviced by them although they would only answer "yes" or "no" to direct questions.

same here when rang them they call you back and tell the good or bad news

Craftsman

When they rang me back, they even confirmed that the serials where to the model numbers I had given them (YOU have to give them the information in question form, and they respond to direct questions), and the delivery country - though not agent name - the watch was initially delivered to (i.e. an AD in Rome, Italy etc).

In the USA this service is NOT available (any longer), as far as I know it is ONLY available through the UK offices: Rolex - lost and stolen registry 01322 625499

Always the first thing to do when buying a second hand Rolex, or one from a Grey Dealer.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the info chaps.
    I don't need good luck as such as I haven't yet purchased. I was going to try to do the deal today but couldn't get hold of him and I'm going to be away a couple of weeks with work now.

Master
    Blog Entries

I always call them too irrespective of who I am buying from. With modern pieces they can confirm the model and serial match but they will emphasise the primary purpose is.

If I was buying new at an AD then no but otherwise seems like the sensible thing to do.
    I'd rather find out before I owned the watch