Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic
    I think it's lovely;
    You're right :salute:
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries

Re: Who didn't like Anonimo?

Personally, I don't see the point of watches with deep water ratings and no timing bezel. The addition of a He-release valve to such a watch strikes me as utterly pointless.

They do look nice, though, especially the bronze ones.

Not being a saturation diver it makes no difference to me :)

I don't see the point in making a virtually waterproof leather strap - but they sure do look purdee and feel lovely.

I have enough watches with diving bezels and it's nice to have a bit of variety in your life. there is a really clean look to the case on these imo.
    It's just a matter of time...

I had one of those a while back, loved it and had several nice comments on it. Would have one again but agree that it's not really a "diver" with no bezel.

Craftsman

I love Anonimo... have to say, build quality of the cases is just great (basing this on a Polluce I have handled and the Militare Zulu Time I own)... thats a lovely example too... :D

Master
    Blog Entries

I don't see the point in making a virtually waterproof leather strap - but they sure do look purdee and feel lovely.

I have enough watches with diving bezels and it's nice to have a bit of variety in your life. there is a really clean look to the case on these imo.
    I came across as more negative than I meant to be - I aappreciate a WR watch with no bezel, and the clean look of these & the base Panerai do appeal. I just think that once you add a He-release crown then it seems pointless not to have the bezel - and the He-crown spoils the clean look [again, IMO]

Love the watch, but what not to like, hmmm
    the logo isn't all that.

Quote Originally Posted by koenta
    Love the watch, but what not to like, hmmm
    the logo isn't all that.

Really? I think it's a fantastic use of simplicity - I mean granted it's no Omega O or Rolex crown - but it's symmetry and use of a the flat pyramidal A I thought was a little inspired - simple things I guess? :)

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones

I came across as more negative than I meant to be - I aappreciate a WR watch with no bezel, and the clean look of these & the base Panerai do appeal. I just think that once you add a He-release crown then it seems pointless not to have the bezel - and the He-crown spoils the clean look [again, IMO]
    It's a fair point - but I feel the valve and large winding crown fit in well with the chunky case. I definitely wouldn't prefer it with a diving bezel. But yes a little over engineered for it's basic use of sitting in a box :)

Diving bezels are so ..., yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonimo rocks. I bought the bronze Polluce.

You are right; there is nothing NOT to like, but why even try to explain - it is a bit like Ducati: If you do not know, I can not explain! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout

You are right; there is nothing NOT to like, but why even try to explain - it is a bit like Ducati: If you do not know, I can not explain! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Couldn't have put it better myself :)

I love the brand! The quality and finish are amongst some of the best I have seen. Ever since I picked up my first Anonimo 2 years ago, Ive been hooked. I've been looking for a Zulu to add to my collection for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchScout

Couldn't have put it better myself :)
    Thank you, Rich :wink:

Master
    Blog Entries

The only reservation I have about anonimo is the movements, when I did some investigation work on their website some of the models had the movement listed as miyota something or eta (2824 I think). Whilst I love the looks, some of the prices seem a little high for the specs, especially when resale value isn't great.

Have just bought my first Anonimo and it's barely been off my wrist since (sorry for crap pic).

Already eyeing up my next, but have to admit I'd be a bit reluctant to buy one new...

That Millemetri is gorgeous btw - congrats 8)

Looks to be a nice bit of kit, I like the twin crown's. :)

Master

The dial font, logo and case design are an acquired taste IMO. I don't dislike it but I wouldn't say I like it either. No doubt it's great quality though! :)

I seriously considered getting one last year. There is an AD in town here.
    There were 3 big problems.
    1. Resale is really bad. I would only buy pre loved with this brand.
    2. There were several posts about very poor, expensive and lengthy service trips.
    3. They were being "reorganized" (bankruptcy protection) And it was not clear what was going to happen with the brand, if anything.
    #3 seems to have been worked out. 1 & 2 are still a concern.
    Of note it seems that resale has gone up a bit over the last 6 months or so, perhaps reflecting the resolution of #3.
    I still like the big 200 ATM on a bracelet, but I got a SD instead.

Surely the resale not being great is a bonus for a lot of pre-loved buyers - just buy pre-owned and you can't go wrong - I bought new and I'm not unhappy :)

Prices have firmed a little over the last year - probably brand recognition as much as anything - adn they are very well built and finished - I have heard of a few warranty claims - but then I had my own regulated - but My GMTIIc had to go back because the hour hand was only winding over every 4 hours - so....

Craftsman

Not me

I love em

The stainless and gold case is brilliant! I love the accent on the crown, can you post a pic of the gold/stainless crown?

What could there possibly be not to like about this;

Definitely on my list, but if you want something not to like then that date window is too small, ridiculously positioned and spoils the look of the dial.

Quote Originally Posted by uwtc
    The dial font, logo and case design are an acquired taste IMO. I don't dislike it but I wouldn't say I like it either. No doubt it's great quality though! :)
    +1
    They're great watches, but they do take a bit of getting used to, something about the dial layout I think.

regards,
    Nick

Apprentice

Hi All,

Can anyone elaborate on the servicing issue that were mentioned previously? I'm looking to purchase my first Anonimo although this is the first I have heard Of servicing issues?

Quote Originally Posted by bespoke
    Hi All,

Can anyone elaborate on the servicing issue that were mentioned previously? I'm looking to purchase my first Anonimo although this is the first I have heard Of servicing issues?
    There were some problems for customers the USA in 2008 IIRC - but I think it was more an issue with one of Anonimo's ADs in the US than the Anonimo themselves. The people concerned are no longer Anonimo ADs.

Omegamanic (from this forum) had a couple of watches sent back to Anonimo for servicing recently without problems - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80601&hilit=anonimo+service

Apprentice

Hats reassuring, so I the problem was with its US dealer that was now sending them back to the factory and not with Anonimo themselves, correct?

Anonimo don't use Miyota movements, they use either ETA or Sellita. Fantastic watches IMO, with some of the nicest case work you can find in a sports watch. I like the simplistic styling and the stylised "A" logo. While they don't hold their value well, they are still among the best VFM luxury watches.

Not me i love them.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by nelsondevicenci
    Not me i love them.

Ever heard of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? Id be worried if I were you. And yes I Love them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibetu
    Not me i love them.

Ever heard of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? Id be worried if I were you. And yes I Love them too.
    Bro im looking an good info here about AR coating i signed here but i need to do 25 post to can access to all the threads...But Im a real anonimo lover..i had the bug hahahaha

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dibetu
    Not me i love them.

Bro im looking an good info here about AR coating i signed here but i need to do 25 post to can access to all the threads...But Im a real anonimo lover..i had the bug hahahaha

Well there is one on the sales corner right now so hurry :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi

You should check out the review Jussi made a few years back.

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32979

I've seen the watch he had, absolutely nothing to dislike about the watch... just depends on your taste I suppose.?

Thanks
    deano

Had a look at these watches on Jura, maybe when I know more about watches I can comment further. At present this brand would not be on my wish list, but as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Brian

Me, I don't like 'em.
    Hands looks spindly compared to the size of the watch (needs some nice big shapely hands, sword-shaped or something).
    Dial looks 'Printed', i.e. no raised or detailed numbers or markers.
    Date window too small, too far from the outer edge of the dial,and (has been said previously) badly positioned.
    Face looks empty and 'bleak'.
    Costly for what you get (mind you same could be said about many brands :) )
    All face and no grace.

I don't 'Hate' Anonimos, they just don't appeal to me.

Apprentice

I love the styling of virtually all Anonimo's but they're too big for my wrists.

I think there would be a market if they did some "mid-size" watches, but trying to picture them in my mind, maybe it wouldn't suit the designs, which is maybe why they haven't done it!

Journeyman

Love the bronze cases, but definitely a fan of the, 'less is more school', of thought. Not sure why they often have so many logos on the dial?

In general though, would rather have one over a Panerai.

Master

What could there possibly be not to like about this
    Well, as liking & not liking are completely subjective, anything really :D

I like it :wink:

I bought one, a Wayfarer II, and took a while to get used to it. Now I am, I really like the strength of the design, how it wears, the lume and the face. Great build quality, interesting history, and made by people who know watches. A bronze Polluce has to be on the list!