Grand Master

Re: Just not getting Anonimo.

Quote Originally Posted by dodger
    Hummm...
    How can you not get that, its a great piece
    RIAC

Anonimo makes some quirky watches.

I bought an Anonimo Polluce and liked it a lot.

Think they have some great looking kit in their armoury,well worth a try :wink:

Journeyman

It all sounds a bit like the vision of Darlington FC under the illustrious George Reynolds. Build a new stadium costing millions, charge ramped up prices for average entertainment and the crowds will flock. Well look at them now, and we know where George ended up. The retail pricing structure of watches is such that to attract dealers manufacturers have to offer massive margins and hence the relatively high cost of these newer would be brands. There was nothing wrong with the quality of the stadium George built but the perceived vfm of the total package was lacking. Supply and demand will always be a factor in the market however you cannot create demand merely by limiting supply. Ask any Rolex dealer now as the tide is shifting towards other quality brands at a fraction of the price.

I love the case designs. interestingly the only one I don't like is the militare. too slim a case for me. but great looking and that's what matters

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaguppy
    I love the case designs. interestingly the only one I don't like is the militare. too slim a case for me. but great looking and that's what matters
    hmmmmm.... the Militare is probably the biggest wearing Nimo there is. The case is hardly slim - about 15mm tall, and case diameter is just under 44mm. Because of the crown being at "6" the lug to lug distance is over 50mm.

Here's mine (my wrist is 8")

Orange Dial Looks great! Very rare

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims
    That they are something slightly obscure / rare - only a WIS would have heard of them.
    Yup. This is what does it for me. I'm not one for the popular stuff like Rollers and Pammies. I like something a bit different (probably reflects my personality). Each to their own though and wouldn't mean to say a bad word against the more popular brands.

From reading his posts, I reckon andy timms and I have this in common :)

Grand Master

I don`t get it either; the whole Panerai/Anonimo/MM thing goes way over my head...big square ugly watches that just don`t appeal to me.

Maybe you should stop trying to like something that just doesn`t work for you..I did a long time ago.

Paul

Master

They are great watches too "get" :D

Quote Originally Posted by joe manco
    It all sounds a bit like the vision of Darlington FC under the illustrious George Reynolds. Build a new stadium costing millions, charge ramped up prices for average entertainment and the crowds will flock. Well look at them now, and we know where George ended up. The retail pricing structure of watches is such that to attract dealers manufacturers have to offer massive margins and hence the relatively high cost of these newer would be brands. There was nothing wrong with the quality of the stadium George built but the perceived vfm of the total package was lacking. Supply and demand will always be a factor in the market however you cannot create demand merely by limiting supply. Ask any Rolex dealer now as the tide is shifting towards other quality brands at a fraction of the price.
    Ahh, the halcyon days of George and his lovely wife Susan. What a character! Still couldn't beat the mighty Pools though; that's when we (Pools) had a team, and a manager. How things have changed.
    Ho hum, back to watches.

Mark,

How did you light the watch to get those high contrast shots?

Pics look great! So does the watch!

Master

Quote Originally Posted by dodger
    Mark,

How did you light the watch to get those high contrast shots?

Pics look great! So does the watch!

Just altered in photoshop mate :)

Craftsman

I have a couple, it's been said before but the cases do it for me and the fact that I like to be a little off the main stream.

Like many on here, I hated them at first but quickly became a fan.
    I have had one since last summer and I love it. Great quality and feels just 'right' on the wrist. Perfect size and lovely thick glass.

I am sure I will flip it one day, but am enjoying our time together for the moment ...

you can flip it today ! :P

Master

As has been said - it's personal. However, the OPs points apply to dozens of other brands equally - some of which are a lot less 'imaginative' than Anonimo. I loved my Militaire Zulu Time - and the dial was fab - guilloche with an overlay for the subdial. Not 'just printed' at all :D

one of those for sale on SC. just not my fave one but I love the different style.

Craftsman

Thats my one on SC... TBH considering removing it as it is lovely and at the price I have moved it down to its just too cheap (IMHO) they are built superbly and the features on the Zulu Time just make it stand out - the crystal is so thick aswell as the points AndyBee makes (my watch is his old watch by the way)... hopefully just secured another watch that should give me an alternative to the Zulu Time so it might mean i start to love the oxpro finish again!

Apprentice

Great thread especially for someone considering an Anonimo,

Northerner: Are you still considering selling your 2014? OX-Po finish :lol:

Anonimo had the tradition of his artisans, the cases, almost all the watches are handcrafted, they have a lot of choices, in my own i had 4 and they are stunning watches.

Banned

I'm becoming convinced that this should be my next purchase. What's the difference between the millimetre and professionale apart from the depth?

Quote Originally Posted by bydandie
    I'm becoming convinced that this should be my next purchase. What's the difference between the millimetre and professionale apart from the depth?
    There's a huge difference, Des. The case is completely different.

This is my Professionale

the 4 screws around the bezel are removed to open and allow the case back (or front) to be opened.

pics of the hinge on the "9" side of the case

the crown is a 2 piece affair, very similar to the original Ploprof crown in the way it works. The crown itself is the thin top part, with the knurled "washer" being responsible for screwing the crown tight. The red O-ring that can be seen in the picture below can only be seen when the crown is un-screwed.

I don't have a Millimetre, but the Millimetre case is basically the same as the Polluce case (some minor differences, but basically the same case), shown below. It has a standard case back

Master

Whats the thickness of the Pro, I'm really curious. Would like to see it in a comparison shot to another watch. Some of the pics I've seen make it look thicker than my Skyland.

I like them... solid, unusual and some cool dial colours and case materials. Here's the two I no longer own...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi
    There's a huge difference, Des. The case is completely different.

This is my Professionale

the 4 screws around the bezel are removed to open and allow the case back (or front) to be opened.

pics of the hinge on the "9" side of the case

the crown is a 2 piece affair, very similar to the original Ploprof crown in the way it works. The crown itself is the thin top part, with the knurled "washer" being responsible for screwing the crown tight. The red O-ring that can be seen in the picture below can only be seen when the crown is un-screwed.

I don't have a Millimetre, but the Millimetre case is basically the same as the Polluce case (some minor differences, but basically the same case), shown below. It has a standard case back

Cheers Rich, whilst I like the Professionale I think the cost will lead me down the Polluce/Millimetri 10 anni route. Am I correct in thinking that the latter two aren't as thick as the Professionale?

Quote Originally Posted by jk103
    Whats the thickness of the Pro, I'm really curious. Would like to see it in a comparison shot to another watch. Some of the pics I've seen make it look thicker than my Skyland.
    Not much thicker than the Polluce. Mine has a steel caseback - maybe the chrono with display back is thicker?, but mine wears similarly to a handwound Panerai Luminor.

I'm not sure of the exact dimensions, but I believe (from memory) the Polluce is around 14mm thick, and the Professionale around 16mm.

Cheers Rich, whilst I like the Professionale I think the cost will lead me down the Polluce/Millimetri 10 anni route. Am I correct in thinking that the latter two aren't as thick as the Professionale?
    There's so little difference in thickness you really won't notice it. The main difference is the crown - the Professionale case wears bigger than either of the others. I think it might actually be 1-2mm bigger, but seems more than that.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jk103
    Not much thicker than the Polluce. Mine has a steel caseback - maybe the chrono with display back is thicker?, but mine wears similarly to a handwound Panerai Luminor.

I'm not sure of the exact dimensions, but I believe (from memory) the Polluce is around 14mm thick, and the Professionale around 16mm.
    Thanks Rich, gives me a good idea of size as my skyland is 17.5mm thick

Master

I dunno. I quite like some of them, but not all. Then, I don't everything from any manufacturer. They look like fun watches to me. A bit expensive maybe for just fun, but then one could say the same about Panerai. As a former Panerai owner (I had 4 of them at one time), Anonimo does apeal to me in certain moods. Wouldn't be my one watch of choice, though.

Forget who said it above, but no need to force yourself to like it, or get it. If you don't you don't. Wear what you like. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Cheers,
    Bruce

I liked the look of them, particularly their uniquely designed cases and bought my first one about 4 months ago.... Professionale GMT with the bracelet. I was particularly looking forward to receiving this watch because I had never seen it in the flesh.....
    Unfortunately however I didn't bond with it at all, the bracelet was very poor in both design and quality and kept flipping open. It came with straps but changing them was tricky due to the design of having screws at both ends of the lugs. I also have to concur with the comments about the hands and dial which further suffer by a lack of anti reflective coating either inside or outside.

Banned

There's so little difference in thickness you really won't notice it. The main difference is the crown - the Professionale case wears bigger than either of the others. I think it might actually be 1-2mm bigger, but seems more than that.
    Cheers,

I'm being drawn to the Millimetri 10 Anni with the drass case :love4:

Here's another pic to wet your whistle - same Polluce as Rich's, except the black dial obviously :)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GingerMagician
    Here's another pic to wet your whistle - same Polluce as Rich's, except the black dial obviously :)

That is stunning, food for thought there! ;)

Banned

I tried the Anonimo range on in Jura (First visit!) last Thursday and was very impressed. I then read this article today which has whetted my interested some more. I can really see one in my future before the end of the year, how do peep find the Sellita models for timekeeping?

Craftsman
    Don't look if you are offended by zombie threads ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by VinceR View Post

The cases are just something else & they are different enough to be (almost) worth their asking price! Will have to get another at some point, preferably a yellow or orange dialled one!
    What is this watch please? I think it's a really interesting case design and the finish looks great.

It's an Anonimo Militare

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    It's an Anonimo Militare
    Many thanks.

What a ressurection :-). Indeed a Militare. Some great deals to be found since the new ownership.

Craftsman

Here are mine!

Case is really fantastic and I just love the design.

Guillermo

Quote Originally Posted by VinceR View Post
    As with all watches they either appeal or they don't, I really like them & have owned these:

The cases are just something else & they are different enough to be (almost) worth their asking price! Will have to get another at some point, preferably a yellow or orange dialled one!
    What's the exact model of the 1st one? I like that a lot!

That's a Millemetri. Available in various models, the Polluce models have a bigger crown. Also comes in Bronze or on a bracelet. I had this exact model.