Fancied a bit of an outdoors type field watch for myself for various family camping excursions the missus seems to be lining up for us. Any excuse.

Wanted something inexpensive, but tough, nice looking, not a G-Shock. Happened upon this, Citizen ProMaster Tough, and wondered why I hadn’t come across it before. For some reason the design really spoke to me - quite attractive in an austere kind of way, kind of like a Sinn 556a, but also quite quirky with the numerals, like an Air King is.

I picked it up for £200 on eBay, think they are £300 new. It has the eco drive quartz movement which is ideal for a quartz - you get grab and go and accuracy but with the added advantage of no battery, it’ll just run forever on daylight absorption.

It’s 40mm, although seems to wear smaller as the dial is small and compact with the bezel and chapter ring being quite wide. 20mm lugs. It’s thin, and it’s very light as it’s titanium. Sapphire crystal, screw down crown with 300m WR. It’s also highly legible as the pics show, with good lume so good night time legibility.

Basically an inexpensive, low maintenance, very durable, highly legible titanium field watch - an Explorer type watch that can be beaten up stress free! Thought I’d share as don’t recall ever seeing an article about one of these on here. Ta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk