Hi all,

Thought I'd cast a net here as well as seeking advice from other areas, but I always value the experience and interesting history from forum members!

I've worked in an industry now for over 10 years after making a couple of career changes and at the beginning of this year secured a new role within that industry. The new role is a sales one, I've worked in presales earning small commissions for some years successfully, but this is a bigger role and more responsibility.

As such I will stand to potentially make large sums in commission every couple of years (long sales cycle) and was interested in how others in similar circumstances have approached this?

Let me be clear I want to pay the right amount of tax and personally feel morally and politically that is the right thing for me to do, but I also want to take advantage of ways to make the money work best for me and my family over the long term. I know there are myriad legitimate ways such as Cash ISA, S+S ISA, sharesave, pension, etc... but was hoping to understand if anyone else is in/has been in my shoes and would care to share experience or point me in direction of any useful resources/professionals worth speaking with.

As always, very grateful to our host and the good members of this forum! Any experiences shared will be taken in that spirit and rest assured I will not be taking any important financial decisions without conducting my own research independently so please don't feel guarded about sharing anything you think might be helpful.

John

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk