Well, it appears my Sony DN1040 is slowly giving up the ghost, sometimes no picture or sound, but more recently the on screen memory is failing; only 3 of the 4 menu pillars appear, the visuals are all glitchy like there is software corruption / damaged cable.

Internet suggests the HDMI board is on its way out & is not cost effective to repair, so new amp required in the near future.

100% no interest in a soundbar solution, I’ve got a Monitor Audio Radius set up with a Silver W-12 sub, so it will be a massive regression, even if I’m running only a 5.1 vs virtual Atmos from a bar etc. Already lost the negotiation on ceiling speakers or upfiring ones in the lounge, so won’t be going down the increased number until I have my own tv room.

Having done the research, looking towards the Sony AN1000 which seems to be the closest equivalent. Not cheap at £999 though. The other more budget option is the Denon AVR2800 which is on promo at affectively half of that price.

Around the £1k mark there is also the Marantz Cinema 60, but don’t really know an awful lot about them as a brand, aside from a friend’s receiver many years ago which broke, frequently.

Any thoughts form those who have been looking recently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk