closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay woes...

Threaded View

eBay woes...

I've bought/sold infrequently on Ebay without problem for nearly two decades and have finally come up against an ebay lowlife! It's not that expensive, but irritating nonetheless. Wondered if anyone had any similar experiences and what the outcome of this kind of thing normally was.

I sold some BT Wifi discs that I had owned since new which included original box, purchase receipt etc, all of which I took photos of prior to listing. Someone bought it and confirmed receipt pretty much straight away. After about three weeks I had a request for a refund for the item not working. Together with the request for refund, the buyer sent me a photo of the item with a red light...except the photo provided is clearly not the item sent out (they were BT wifi discs and the item he wants to return is a different BT model).

I politely reminded him that I will issue a refund only if I receive the same items back that were sent to him. I pointed out that the item photographed is obviously not the same in the listing. He replied saying he sent them to a friend and must check with the friend. He has now sent me some more photos of the clearly different model and a completely different box...claiming that his friend says this is definitely the item I sent out/he received.

Looking into this chap further, his feedback is 100% positive but he's got repeated comments from sellers (who can only give positive feedback) saying "Scammer", "Timewaster" and "Avoid this buyer"!! His seller profile consists of...guess what...wifi routers and he also set up a company on companies house which I believe was previously used for Amazon marketplace to sell routers!

Being my old routers, I still have the default factory SSID/passwords for them.

Ebay have basically said, issue a returns label and then dispute at that point. My question is that even having all my proof, and that fact that he didn't initially make a report of item described not received...no matter how unlikely against the evidence, he could just say..."no, that's what I received" and it's one word against another.

At the end of the day, it's more an irritation that this scumbag still thinks he is smarter and I guess it will come down to eBay. What do they normally do in this situation?
    Last edited by Christian; 14th December 2023 at 13:05.