closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which leaf blower and lawn mower?

Threaded View

Craftsman

Which leaf blower and lawn mower?

---Update at the end---

Bit of a 'Dadsnet' question if I may.

With the autumn leaves making a mess, I'm trying to buy a leaf blower. Having previously bought one that was utter rubbish, I thought I'd ask if anyone's had a really good battery powered one? My garden, patio, driveway are mid size so hopefully a good battery one will do the job. I asked my neighbour's gardener and he said the only brand he would buy is Stihl - expensive but worth it. The gardener at my tennis club said Stihl used to be good but their battery powered stuff is rubbish with small parts like buttons and battery housings failing after warranty and Stihl not really standing by their product.

As I think about it, I will eventually be replacing my Bosch 41cm electric lawn mower with a battery one at some point as well. So perhaps it would be sensible to think about a brand that does a quality one of those as well with the batteries being the same. I don't really use many other power tools so it's just those two I would need to think of - not a broader 'ecosystem'. Maybe a hedge trimmer perhaps.

Google chucks out so many brands and specs. 18V, 36V, 40V batteries; all sorts of claimed speeds - it's a minefield. I'd ideally want to buy something where parts are available easily. My Bosch lawnmower is 5 years old and needed a couple of bits replaced and it was easy enough to get them!

Share your experience and recommendations please?
    Last edited by Ethos; 25th November 2023 at 17:08. Reason: Update